Home >> Scholarships 2019 >>
INLAKS Shivdasani Foundation Scholarship 2019 – Application, dates
INLAKS Shivdasani Foundation announces Research Scholarship 2019
INLAKS Shivdasani Foundation Scholarship 2019 – Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation invites applications for Inlaks Scholarships for the year 2019 at the King’s India Institute, King’s College, London. Inlaks Scholarships provide the opportunity to young people with exceptional talent in any field to broaden their vision abroad and improve their skills to operate in society, thus making them a future vehicle of change in their environment. The scholarships are of two types: university courses and specific programs.
The ‘Inlaks Research Studentship at the King’s India Institute’ is geared to assist registered PhD students of Indian universities to undertake short-term visits to universities abroad to collect material, use facilities and consult experts.
Also See: Scholarships 2019
- The scholarships are of two types
- University Courses
- Specific Programmes.
- Scholarships are granted at top American, European and UK institutions, for funding requirements including tuition fees.
Terms of the Scholarship
- The scholarship covers, for the period granted, tuition fees, adequate living expenses and one-way travel. In the case of scholarship requirement of above $100,000 (or equivalent), (tuition + living allowance), candidates must show evidence of funding, for the balance of costs, at the time of interviews in May or June. In the case of specific programs, the financial coverage will be discussed directly with the candidate.
- Acceptance of other scholarships, teaching assistantships and part-time jobs are welcome after approval from the Foundation.
- Scholarship will not be awarded to candidates whose proposed course of study or specific project requires field trips back to India during tenure.
Eligibility Criteria for INLAKS Shivdasani Foundation Scholarship 2019
- Scholarships are open to all Indian citizens who are resident in India at the time of application. Candidates are normally expected to hold a good first degree from a recognized university in India. Indian citizens who hold a good undergraduate degree from a recognized university outside India, must have resided continuously and been employed or been studying in India, for at least two years, after their under-graduation. People having a postgraduate degree (e.g. Master’s or PhD) from a university outside India are not eligible; those who have started but not completed a postgraduate degree outside India are also ineligible.
- It is essential to have prior admission to the institution and course chosen. The Foundation will not consider candidates without admission or pending admission. The institutions concerned must only be top rank.
- Candidates must be below 30 years of age on the first of July in the year of application. Candidates who are already studying or have started their program abroad are not eligible.
- An independent Inlaks Selection Committee carries out the selection. Applications received are analyzed and evaluated, and the committee subsequently calls the most interesting candidates for interviews. All applicants must be available for interviews in India.
- They usually take place in Mumbai or Delhi in May or in June, in two stages: preliminaries, and for those who make it, finals. Candidates shortlisted for the interviews will have to arrange for their own travel and accommodation. Candidates who do not receive any communication by 1st of June must assume that their applications have not been successful.
INLAKS Shivdasani Foundation Scholarship 2019 Application Process
- Application forms must be completed by the candidate and will be accepted from the 15th of January till the 15th of April. The application form is available online. The deadline for submissions is 15th of April.
- It must include:
- Evidence of admission to a university or a course, and a full detail of the institute’s financial requirements.
- Candidates in architecture, fine and applied arts, and related subjects must submit a maximum of 10 samples of their work on a CD / DVD only, giving the size of the original, the material used and the date of completion. This material will not be returned. The images must only be in jpeg format, not tiff format. Candidates for Film, Dance, Acting, and Music (Western classical singing) must also submit a CD / DVD. Three sets of CDs/ DVDs must be submitted. A portfolio may be submitted also if it is not too bulky.
- Details, including entry requirements, are available at www.inlaksfoundation.org
INLAKS Shivdasani Foundation Scholarship 2019 Dates
- Application Open: 15th January 2019
- The Deadline for Submissions is 15th of April 2019