INLAKS Shivdasani Foundation announces Inlaks Scholarship 2023, Apply now
INLAKS Shivdasani Foundation Scholarship 2023 – Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation invites applications for Inlaks Scholarships 2023 for bright young Indian students to read at top rated American, European and UK institutions for a full-time Masters, M.Phil or a Doctorate program.
About the Program
- Since 1976, Inlaks Shivdasani Scholarships have been granted to Indian students to read at top-rated American, UK, and European institutions in a full-time Masters, MPhil, or Doctoral programme.
- We award up to USD 100,000 to cover program tuition as well as scholars’ living expenses, healthcare, and one-way airfare. Applicants to Imperial College, London, the Royal College of Art (RCA), London, the University of Cambridge (Cambridge Trust), and Sciences Po, Paris may benefit from additional funding through the Foundation’s joint scholarships with these institutions.
- The Foundation gives scholarships in a variety of subjects but DOES NOT fund the following courses:
- Business and Finance
- Computer Science
- Fashion Design
- Film and Film Animation**
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Indian Studies without Contemporary Relevance
- Management Studies (i.e. MBA)
- Medicine, Dentistry, and related therapies
- Public Health
- Applications Open: 15th February 2023
- Applications Close: 30th March 2023 at 12 noon
Scholarship Reward Amount
- The scholarship covers full tuition fees, adequate living expenses and one-way travel allowance and health allowance.
- The maximum funding given by the Foundation is USD 100,000. If the total funding required (tuition + living allowance) exceeds USD 100,000, candidates must show evidence that they have the ability to cover the additional requirement needed at the time of making the online application.
- Inlaks Shivdasani Scholarships are open to all Indian citizens who have been continuously resident in India at least six months prior to the time of application.
- Candidates who are Indian citizens and hold an undergraduate degree from a recognized institution abroad that meets our academic standards must have resided continuously, been employed, or have been studying in India for at least two years prior to the time of application.
- Candidates having a postgraduate qualification (e.g. Master’s or PhD) from an institution abroad are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have already begun their postgraduate education at an institution abroad are not eligible to apply.
- It is essential to have prior admission to the institution and course chosen at the time of the application. The Foundation will not consider candidates without evidence of admission.
- Candidates who have an English language certification as a conditional part of their offer letter need to attain that certification before applying for the scholarship.
- Candidates who have received a deferred offer of admission must have a valid offer for the academic year 2023-24 to be eligible for the 2023 scholarships.
- Candidates can be a maximum of 30 years of age in the year of application. Those born on or after 1st January 1993 are eligible to apply for the 2023 scholarships.
- For Social Sciences, Humanities, Law, Fine Arts, Architecture and related subjects, candidates must have a minimum academic grade of 65%, CGPA 6.8, or GPA 2.6 from a recognized university/institution.
- For Mathematics, Sciences, Environment and related subjects, candidates must have a minimum academic grade of 70%, CGPA 7.2, or GPA 2.8 from a recognized university/institution.
- Application for the scholarship must be made online.
- A candidate must have a valid passport to apply.
- Only one submission per candidate will be accepted.
- The online portal will not accept applications that do not meet the academic and financial eligibility criteria as given above.
- Two letters of reference are mandatory and one must be from an academic referee; candidates must provide official email addresses for both referees.
- An independent Inlaks Selection Committee is appointed to select successful applications for scholarships.
- Applicants are judged on not only their past and present achievements but also on their future potential. Candidates applying for scholarships in art and design (fine/performing arts) will be judged primarily on the basis of their portfolios.
- The selection process consists in three stages: (1) review of eligible applications, (2) preliminary interviews with candidates chosen from this review and, (3) a final interview with those who succeed in the preliminary round.
- Candidates who do not receive any communication from the Foundation by mid-May must assume that their applications have not been successful.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website