IsDB Offers Undergraduate Scholarship Program 2019-20
Islamic Development Bank Scholarship 2019 – IsDB Undergraduate Scholarship Program 2019-20 is a grant offered to needy and qualified Muslim students who have passed class 12 (SSSC) and secured admission in an Undergraduate Program of a recognised University in the current year.
IsDB Scholarship Program
- The call for 2019-2020 Academic year will be open from 20th December 2018 to 28th February 2019. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their applications by visiting the IsDB Scholarships Site.
- The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB), a Multilateral Development Organization, is pleased to announce the availability of scholarships for Muslim Community in India to pursue undergraduate studies, in India
- The main objective of this scholarship program is to improve the socio-economic conditions of the Muslim community as a whole
Offering this Scholarship
- The scholarship is being provided by the Islamic Development Bank, Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The scholarship program was started in the year 1983 in several countries with the aim to promote professional studies among Muslim community.
Place of Study
- Selected candidates are to pursue their study at reputable institutions of study in member countries only.
Also See: PhD Admission 2019
- The scholarship covers tuition fees, cost of living allowance, Medical Coverage, round-trip air-ticket, Clothing/books Allowance, Computer Allowance, conference Participation Allowance and research Allowance.
Eligibility Criteria for Islamic Development Bank Scholarship 2019
- The eligible candidates should Citizens of any of the IsDB member countries and Muslim communities in non-member countries.
- Applicant must have completed his/her class 12 (SSSC) with a minimum of 70% marks in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics.
- Applicants from Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu must secure a minimum 80% marks (aggregate) in the above-mentioned subjects. Also, the applicant wishing to pursue Law must have secured at least 60% marks in English and optional/elective subjects
- Applicant must have secured admission in a recognised university in the current academic year for a professional undergraduate programme of 4 to 5 years. Applicant must not be over the age of 24 years and not be receiving any other scholarship. Applicant’s parents must be financially weak and unable to pay for his/her education.
- Applicant opting for payment or self-financing seat is not eligible to apply. Applicant must be committed to serving his/her community after graduation.
- Applicant selected in Top-10 universities (as per MHRD) will be given preference
- Also, applicants joining degree courses after Diploma are not eligible for the scholarship
- On the basis of applicants’ performance in class 12 (SSSC) exam, they will be called for pre-selection program and interview at a centre in their respective state/region. The interview may also be conducted through Skype.
- Based on the pre-selection interview, state-wise merit list will be prepared on the basis of academic performance, financial need, Islamic knowledge and commitment towards the community.
- Applicants will be marked out of total 100 marks:
- 70% of the marks scored in class 12
- 20% marks for financial need
- 10% marks for Islamic knowledge and commitment to community
- The list of shortlisted candidates and their interview marks will be submitted to the Scholarship Division, IDB, Jeddah. Their decision regarding the selection for the scholarship will be final.
Islamic Development Bank Scholarship 2019 Application Process
- Only online applications will be accepted. Application form can be downloaded (www.isdb.org)
- A Print out of the online application form with photograph and documents must be sent to Muslim Education Trust, E-3, Abul Fazl Enclave, Jamia Nagar, New Delhi-110025.
- Completed applications must be submitted to Muslim Education Trust at the following address: Address: E-3, Abul Fazl Enclave, Jamia Nagar, New Delhi-110025, Phone No: 011-2695 7004, 2694 1354; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apply Online – https://isdbscholarships.smartsimple.com/s_Login.jsp
Islamic Development Bank Scholarship 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date of Submission of Application 28th February 2019