ICRISAT Post Doctoral Fellow 2019 in Agricultural Economics
ICRISAT Post Doctoral Fellow in Agricultural Economics 2019 – The ICRISAT seeks applications for a Post-Doctoral Fellow in Agro-Economics with interest to work on groundnut seed systems development project under West and Central Africa program. The incumbent will be based at ICRISAT – Bamako, Mali.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
This is a Post-Doctoral Fellowship [PDF] position for a period of two years.
See: PHD Admission 2019
- Contribute to the planning, implementation and monitoring of project activities;
- Conduct groundnut seed sector, seed policy and seed intervention landscape analyses to understand current groundnut seed sector practices and performance, and identify opportunities for improvement;
- Conduct literature review to document existing information on the dynamics of variety adoption;
- Conduct survey to understand the dynamics of variety adoption by men and women farmers and identify strategies to enhance adoption of improved
- Contribute to the integration of recommendations for improved groundnut seed sector, programs and projects;
- Perform any other duties s/he will be assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- PhD in Agricultural Economics, Farming Systems or related discipline with experience in designing, planning, and implementing socio-economic studies;
- Excellent knowledge of advanced methodologies of agricultural technologies adoption study
- Excellent knowledge of different approaches of agricultural interventions’ impact assessment
- Capacity to build and maintain effective working relations with national/local authorities, relevant institutions, intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations;
- Excellent communication skills in French and English;
- Demonstrated excellent writing skills, and ability to write synthesis reports as well as to publish in peer reviewed international journals;
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks with diverse multidisciplinary and multicultural teams;
- Willingness to travel widely and work with the governments of the West African region.
- Knowledge of agricultural systems in Africa is desirable.
- Click here to apply online https://www.icrisat.org/post-doctoral-fellow-wca/
- Applicants should apply on or before 20 August 2019 with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience
- All applications will be acknowledged; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applicants should apply on or before 20 August 2019
See: Scholarships in India 2019