University of Cambridge announces Gates Cambridge Scholarship Program 2020 for International Students
Gates Cambridge Scholarship Program 2020 – The University of Cambridge in Conjunction with ‘The Bill and Melinda Gates’ foundation is delighted to announce the Gates Cambridge Scholarship Program 2020-21.
The Scholarship is designed for Postgraduate Students that shows outstanding Intellectual ability, Leadership potential and a commitment to better the lives of others.
About the Scholarship
- Applications for 2020 entry are now open.
- The Gates Cambridge Scholarship programme was established in October 2000 by a donation of US$210m from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge; this is the largest ever single donation to a UK university.
- For 2020 entry, Gates Cambridge will offer 80 full-cost scholarships to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge. Approximately two-thirds of these awards will be offered to PhD students, with approximately 25 awards available in the US round and 55 available in the International round.
- The aim of the Gates Cambridge programme is to build a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
See: National Scholarship 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Gates Cambridge Scholarship Program 2020
- You can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship if you are:
- A citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom
- Applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge: PhD (three year research-only degree); MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree) or; one year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
- You can use the form below to quickly check if you are eligible to apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship and, if so, in which of the two application rounds you must apply
- The selection criteria are:
- outstanding intellectual ability
- leadership potential
- a commitment to improving the lives of others
- a good fit between the applicant’s qualifications and aspirations and the postgraduate programme at Cambridge for which they are applying
- There are about 225 Scholars from 50 countries studying at Cambridge at any one time who pursue the full range of subjects available at the university and are spread across its departments and Colleges.
Gates Cambridge Scholarship Program 2020 Application Process
- Applicants must submit an application for graduate admission, a College place and funding – including a Gates Cambridge Scholarship – via the University’s Graduate Applicant Portal
- There are two Gates Cambridge application deadlines 09th October 2019 (US citizens resident in the USA) and 03rd December 2019/07th January 2020 (all other eligible applicants)
- It is important to read the How to Apply section and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship www.gatescambridge.org
Gates Cambridge Scholarship Program 2020 Important Dates
- Applications for October 2020 entry are now open
- Applicants in this round must apply by 9 October 2019 for entry in October 2020.
- Application Deadline Round-I: 09th October 2019 & Round-II 03rd December 2019 or 07th January 2020
- Interviews Round-I: 24th & 25th January 2020 (Seattle, USA) & Round-II: 23rd & 24th March 2020 (Cambridge, UK)
See: National Scholarship Portal