DBT announces Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET) 2019 for Junior Research Fellowship in Biotechnology
DBT JRF Biotechnology Eligibility Test 2019 – Applications are invited from Indian Nationals for the award of “DBT Junior Research Fellowship” for pursuing research in frontier areas of Biotechnology and Life Sciences. The candidates will be selected through “Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET) 2019.
JRFs will be selected according to merit under two categories: Category I & II
Category I fellowship (Top 275 in number) is tenable in any University/ Institute in India where the students can register for PhD
Category II students (100 in number) will be eligible to join any DBT sponsored project and avail fellowship from project, equivalent to NET/GATE qualifications as per DST Guidelines, subject to selection through institutional selection process
Registration for PhD will be decided by Institutional rules
Fellowship will be co-terminus with the duration of project and institutional rules will be applicable. There will be no binding on plus of DBT sponsored projects to select JRF/SRF for their projects from category II list
Selection in Category II will not entitle student for any fellowship from DBT-JRF program.
Eligibility Criteria for DBT Junior Research Fellowship in Biotechnology 2019
- Qualification: M.Sc./M.Tech/ M.V.Sc. degree with Biotechnology in title of degree e.g. Biotechnology, specialization such as Agricultural, Animal/Veterinary, Medical, Marine, Industrial, Environmental, Pharmaceutical, Food, Bio-resources Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering, Biosciences and Biotechnology, Bioinformatics” and M.Sc “Molecular & Human Genetics” and M.Sc.”Neuroscience” as well as BE/B. Tech in Biotechnology (4-year course after 10+2) recognized by UGC/AICTE
- Marks: Minimum 60% marks for General and OBC category and 55% for SC/ST/PH in aggregate (or equivalent grade)
- Age Limit for DBT JRF 2019: Upto 28 years as on the last date of application (22nd March 2018) for general category; age relaxation of up to 5 years (up to 33 years) for SC/ST/PH and women candidates and 3 years (31 years) for OBC (Non-creamy layer)
Details of Award:
- DBT-BET (category-1) entitles a candidate for activation of fellowship subject to PhD registration of the candidate in a recognized university or institute in the country within 2 years from the date of issue of award letter. Registration for PhD is candidate’s responsibility and DBT has no role/ responsibility in this matter. Verification of documents will be carried out for shortlisted candidates. Award letter will not be issued to candidate’s found ineligible or who submit incorrect document.
See: Biotechnology Entrance Exam 2019
- The candidates will be selected based on an online test, “Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET)” A candidates may opt for any three centers of their choice from the options given in the application form.
- Efforts would be made to allot one of the three opted cities/centre, however, in certain cases candidate may be allotted a different city/centre due to administrative reasons
- No TA/DA will be admissible to any candidate for attending the test
DBT JRF Biotechnology Eligibility Test 2019 Application Process
- For details to apply online in the prescribed application form, please visit www.bcil.nic.in
- Stepwise procedure for filling the application form, payment of application fee and uploading of required documents/certificates is given on the website
- General/OBC candidates have to pay an application fee of Rs.1000/-, Rs. 250/- for SC/ST/PH categories.
- The application fee is payable online only as detailed on the link for completion of application process; the application fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
See : Scholarships 2019
DBT JRF Biotechnology Eligibility Test 2019 Important Dates
- Online Registration starts: 20th February 2019
- Online Registration closes: 22nd March 2019
- BET 2019: 14th April 2019
- Display of question paper and answer key: 15th April 2019
- Last date of accepting of any discrepancy in question/answer: 25th April 2019
- Declaration of BET 2019 Result: 22nd May 2019
For more information candidates are requested to check the official website: www.bcii.nic.in
Department of Biotechnology
Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India (Co-ordinate by Biotech Consortium India Limited (BCIL), New Delhi, Website www.bcii.nic.in