ICSSR announces Doctoral Fellowships in Economics for the year 2018-19
ICSSR Doctoral Fellowships 2018 – The Gujarat Institute of Development Research (GIDR) seeks application from the eligible candidates for the two ICSSR Doctoral Fellowships in Economics for the year 2018-19. These fellowships will be sponsored by ICSSR for two years.
About the ICSSR
- The Gujarat Institute of Development Research (GIDR), a premier Social Science Research Institute recognized by the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) and supported by both the ICSSR and Govt. of Gujarat and affiliated with Maharaja Krishnakumarsinhji Bhavnagar University, Bhavnagar
Also See : Scholarships 2018
Eligibility Criteria for ICSSR Doctoral Fellowships 2018
- Candidates with minimum 50% marks in graduation and 55% in post graduate degree in Economics are eligible to apply. Five per cent (5%) relaxation of marks will be given to SC/ST candidates.
- The candidates should have qualified in UGC-NET/Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET)/M.Phil or the PhD Entrance Test (PET) conducted by Maharaja Krishnakumarsinhji Bhavnagar University, Bhavnagar
- The candidate should not be more than 40 years of age on the last date of application. There shall be an age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST candidates;
- Candidates who have already availed of UGC Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)/Rajiv Gandhi Doctoral Fellowship (RGDF)/Maulana Azad Doctoral Fellowship (MADF) and such other Bodies are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have already passed GSET/UGC- NET/PET within past two years (not before October 2016) shall be eligible for exemption from PET.
- The selection process will include two stages. In the first stage, eligible candidates will be shortlisted based on their bio-data and research proposal provided in the prescribed application form.
- In the second stage, only those short-listed candidates will be called for a test followed by a personal interview at GIDR. No TA/DA shall be admissible to the candidates called for written test and interview.
- The Ph.D. scholars will be paid a fellowship amount of Rs.16000/- (Rupees sixteen thousand only) per month plus Rs.15000/- (Rupees fifteen thousand only) per annum as contingency grant.
- Click here to avail the application form
- Completed application forms should be addressed to the Director, Gujarat Institute of Development Research, Near Gota Flyover, Gota, Ahmedabad-380060 and should reach GIDR on or before 07th September 2018
- The envelope needs to superscribe “Application for ICSSR Doctoral Fellowship 2018-2019”
- A soft copy of the duly completed application form along with scanned copies of the enclosures should also be submitted before 5.00 p.m. on 07th September 2018, to phd firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Dates for ICSSR Doctoral Fellowships 2018
- Last Date for Receipt of Applications/Nomination Hard Copy of the same should reach ICSSR latest by: 07th September 2018
Gujarat Institute of Development Research, Near Gota Flyover, Gota, Ahmedabad-380060, Tel No.: 2717-242366/67/68, Website www.gidr.ac.in