Andhra Pradesh NMMS 2019 for Class VIII
NMMS Exam 2019 – It is hereby notified that the State Level National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme Examination for class VIII will be conducted on 03rd Nov 2019 (Sunday) from 10.00 am to 01.00 pm in Telugu/Hindi/Urdu/English medium at all Revenue Divisional Headquarters of 13 Districts in the State.
Candidates can refer to this page regarding eligibility criteria, application form etc are given below.
NMMS Exam 2019-20 Details
- National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (N.M.M.S.S) Examination 2019 conducted by Directorate of Government Examinations, Andhra Pradesh, Amaravathi
- Director of Govt. Examinations, Andhra Pradesh invites applications for State Level National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme Examination for Class VIII 2019-20
- The Ministry for Human Resource Development, Government of India has launched centrally sponsored National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (N.M.M.S.S). Under this scheme an examination will be conducted, and selected candidates will get the scholarship.
Also See : Scholarships 2019
- Application Online Submission From: 05th August 2019
- Payment may be made from: 05th August 2019
- Last date for Upload the candidate’s application by the concerned Head Masters: 05th September 2019
- Last Date for Payment of Fee: 07th September 2019
- Last Date for Submission of printed Nominal Rolls along with other enclosures in the Dist. Educational Office concerned by the School HM’s 10th October 2019
- Last Date for Submission of Printed Nominal Rolls by the concerned DEO’s (after through scrutiny of printed NRs with original certificate of income: 13th October 2019
NMMS Scholarship Amount
- Central Govt. doubled the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS). The State Govt. Exam board conducts the NMMS Exam in November every year.
- The awardee will receive a sum of Rs. 12000/- per annum for which the awardee shall have to open a joint account with their parents in any S.B.I or in any Nationalized Banks which has core banking facility/ESC facility.
- Every year 1, 00,000 students will be selected throughout India. Out of which 4087 scholarships are being allotted to Residuary Andhra Pradesh and have been distributed among the districts basing on enrollment in VII and VIII Classes for each academic year
- This exam is conducted every year in the month of November for the students in class VIII studying in Govt./ZP/Municipal/MPUP (Running with VIII Class)/ Aided /AP Model (Day Scholars only) Schools are eligible for this examination
See: National Scholarship 2019
- A candidate who has/is
- Scored at least 55% of marks in case of OC/BC and 50% of marks in case of SC/ST/PH or equivalent grade for all categories in Class VII Examination studied during the year 2018-19.
- Studying in Government, Local Body (ZP/ Municipal), government aided, AP Model (day scholars only) and MPUP (running VIII Class) schools only.
- Whose parental income is below Rs. 1,50,000/- from all sources for which candidates have to produce latest original annual income certificate issued by the employer in case of government employee.
- the student which are studying VIII in Andhra Pradesh residential high schools, A.P. social welfare residential schools, students studying in AP model schools with residential facility are not eligible, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas, Kendriya Vidyalayas and in private unaided schools are not eligible to appear for NMMS Examination.
- Admit card for Andhra Pradesh NMMS 2019-20 for Class VIII will be released by the Directorate of Govt. Exam, Andhra Pradesh in the month of Oct 2019. In order to download Admit card candidates have to log in using their Credential
- Candidates can download Admit card through the link will be provided in the future
NMMS Exam Pattern
- The pattern of Examination is as follows:
- Mental Ability Test (M.A.T) – 90 marks multiple choice questions.
- Scholastic Ability Test (S.A.T) – 90 marks covering social science, science, and mathematics of class VII & VIII. Each question carries one mark
- The qualifying percentage is as follows:
- Gen 40% B.C 35% S.C/ST/P.H 25%
- The Application forms will be uploaded online on the official website www.bseap.org. Before filling the application form, the headmaster should go through the guidelines given on the same page.
- Candidate has also to submit the original caste certificate (issued by the MRO) to the Headmaster; regarding BC-E implementation, it will be considered after receipt of clarification from the government only
- Candidate has also to submit the Original VII Class Pass Memo of Marks to the Headmaster
- Examination Fee is Rs.100/- for OC/BC students and Rs.50/- for SC/ST/PH students; the exam fee has to be paid in the form of Demand Draft through SBH/SBI in favour of “The Director of Government Examinations”; Andhra Pradesh; Hyderabad
- For more details, please visit, http://main.bseap.org/NMMS.aspx
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification