Home >> Scholarships 2019 >>
NMMS Exam 2018 – National Mean-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme Exam
Andhra Pradesh NMMS 2018 – 2019 for Class VIII
NMMS Exam 2018 – It is hereby notified that the State Level National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme Examination for class VIII will be conducted on 04th Nov 2018 from 10.00 am to 01.00 pm in Telugu/Hindi/Urdu/English media at all Revenue Divisional Headquarters of 13 Districts in the State.
Candidates can refer to this page regarding eligibility criteria, application form etc are given below.
Also See : Scholarships 2019
NMMS Exam 2018-19 Details
- National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (N.M.M.S.S) Examination 2018 conducted by Directorate of Government Examinations, Andhra Pradesh, Amaravathi
- Director of Govt. Examinations, Andhra Pradesh invites applications for State Level National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme Examination for Class VIII 2018-19
- The Ministry for Human Resource Development, Government of India has launched centrally sponsored National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (N.M.M.S.S). Under this scheme an examination will be conducted, and selected candidates will get the scholarship.
Important Dates for NMMS Exam 2018
- Application Online Submission From 24th August 2018
- Payment may be made from 24th August 2018
- Last date for Upload the candidate’s application by the concerned Head Masters: 27th September 2018
- Last Date for Payment of Fee: 28th September 2018
- Last Date for Submission of printed Nominal Rolls along with other enclosures in the Dist. Educational Office concerned by the School HM’s 01st October 2018
- Last Date for Submission of Printed Nominal Rolls by the concerned DEO’s (after through scrutiny of printed NRs with original certificate of income: 04th October 2018
NMMS Scholarship Amount
- Central Govt. doubled the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS). The State Govt. Exam board conducts the NMMS Exam in November every year.
- in the past Rs.6000 rupees scholarship amount was given for NMMSS, now it has been hiked to Rs.12,000/-. At this present, the Govt. will be given you a single installments from this time
- Every year 1, 00,000 students will be selected throughout India. Out of which 4087 scholarships are being allotted to Residuary Andhra Pradesh and have been distributed among the districts basing on enrollment in VII and VIII Classes for each academic year
- This exam is conducted every year in the month of November for the students in class VIII studying in Govt./ZP/Municipal/MPUP (Running with VIII Class)/ Aided /AP Model (Day Scholars only) Schools are eligible for this examination
A candidate who has/is
- Scored at least 55% of marks in case of OC/BC and 50% of marks in case of SC/ST/PH or equivalent grade for all categories in Class VII Examination studied during the year 2017-18.
- Studying in Government, Local Body (ZP/ Municipal), government aided, AP Model (day scholars only) and MPUP (running VIII Class) schools only.
- Whose parental income is below Rs. 1,50,000/- from all sources for which candidates have to produce latest original annual income certificate issued by the employer in case of government employee.
- the student which are studying VIII in Andhra Pradesh residential high schools, A.P. social welfare residential schools, students studying in AP model schools with residential facility are not eligible, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas, Kendriya Vidyalayas and in private unaided schools are not eligible to appear for NMMS Examination.
AP NMMS Exam 2018 Admit Card
- Admit card for Andhra Pradesh NMMS 2018-19 for Class VIII will be released by the Directorate of Govt. Exam, Andhra Pradesh in the month of Oct 2018. In order to download Admit card candidates have to log in using their Credential
- Candidates can download Admit card through the link will be provided in the future
NMMS Exam Pattern
- The pattern of Examination is as follows:
- Mental Ability Test (M.A.T) – 90 marks multiple choice questions.
- Scholastic Ability Test (S.A.T) – 90 marks covering social science, science, and mathematics of class VII & VIII. Each question carries one mark
The qualifying percentage is as follows:
- Gen 40% B.C 35% S.C/ST/P.H 25%
Application Form for NMMS Exam 2018
- The Application forms will be uploaded online on the official website:www.bseap.org. Before filling the application form, the headmaster should go through the guidelines given on the same page.
- Candidate has also to submit the original caste certificate (issued by the MRO) to the Headmaster; regarding BC-E implementation, it will be considered after receipt of clarification from the government only
- Candidate has also to submit the Original VII Class Pass Memo of Marks to the Headmaster
- Examination Fee is Rs.100/- for OC/BC students and Rs.50/- for SC/ST/PH students; the exam fee has to be paid in the form of Demand Draft through SBH/SBI in favour of “The Director of Government Examinations”; Andhra Pradesh; Hyderabad
For more details, please visit, http://main.bseap.org/NMMS.aspx