Directorate of School Education West Bengal offers National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship Examination (NMMS Exam) 2023 for Class VIII students
NMMS Examination 2023 – Directorate of School Education, West Bengal, Kolkata has announced Centrally Sponsored National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship Examination (NMMS Examination) 2023 for the students studying in class VIII.
NMMS Examination 2023
- Last date to apply : 09th August 2023
- Date of Examination: 17th December 2023
- Students of class VIII who secured 55% and above marks as per mark sheet of class VII examination are eligible to appear in the Centrally Sponsored NMMS Examination, 2023 for class VIII (5% relaxation to SC, ST and Disabled candidates).
- Students of Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya and State Government run residential schools or any Private school are not entitled to get Scholarship. The students must be studying in recognized Government Schools/Government Aided School/Local Body and Government Sponsored Schools including Madrasah without residential facilities.
- Parental Income should be below Rs. 3,50,000/- (Rupees three lakh fifty thousand) per annum from all sources. Income certificate is to be uploaded.
- For salaried persons employed in Govt. Semi Govt. & Govt. Aided Organization/Institution, Employer Certificate for the period from 01.04.2022 to 31.03.2023 to be uploaded.
- For Other persons, ‘Income Certificate’ for the period from 01.04.2022 to 31.03.2023 obtained from any competent Authority not below the rank of Jt. B.D.O /Executive Officer or equivalent (in case of Corporation and Municipality area) is to be uploaded
- Visit https://scholarships.wbsed.gov.in/ for online registration.
- Please go through the Instructions carefully before filling up the form Online.
- There is no provision to submit the hardcopy of the form either in the Directorate of School Education , Bikash Bhavan or in the office of D.I/S(SE) of any district.
Examination pattern of NMMS:-
- State level NMMSE will be conducted in two sessions on the same day as per details given below:-
- Extra time will be given to the children with disability as applicable
- Syllabus: Subject: There is no prescribed syllabus for NMMS Examination. Standard of items shall conform to the level of class VII & VIII.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test comprises of the following subjects given below:-
- 1) Mathematics
- 2) Physical Science
- 3) Life Science
- 4) History
- 5) Geography
- All questions in the booklet for the NMMS Examination are objective type. Each Question carries one mark. There is no negative marking in the said examination.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website