AICTE National Doctoral Fellowship (NDF) Scheme for Admission to Ph.D. Programs for the Academic year 2018-2019
AICTE National Doctoral Fellowship 2018 – Online application are invited from Post Graduates in Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy for admission to a full time PhD Program under AICTE – National Doctoral Fellowship Scheme for 2018-19.
Also See : Scholarships 2019
- The fellowship/contingency will be granted to research scholars admitted in research institute of AICTE. National Nodal Centre will augment the process for selecting candidates as per the eligibility criteria for grant of National Doctoral Fellowship.
- The candidate must have secured cumulative grade point average of 7.5 on the scale of 10 or equivalent at both B.E/B.Tech/B.Pharm and M.E/M.Tech/M.Pharm. In addition to above the candidate should have qualified GATE/GPAT during the last 5 years. For SC/ST/PH candidates CGPA requirement will be 7.0 on the scale of 10 or equivalent or general candidate must have secured 75% marks or above & 70% marks for candidates of reserved categories.
- The candidate should be less than 30 years of age as on 31st August of year of application however age relaxation of 5 years would be applicable to candidates belonging to SC/ST, women and physically challenged category.
Duration of the Scheme
- The duration of the scheme shall be for a period of 3 Years. No further extension will be granted, however, extendable by 6 months in special cases with the recommendation of Institute and approval of National Nodal Centre. Further extension of 6 months may be given on the recommendations with the approval of AICTE.
Intake of the Scheme
- The total number of candidates selected under this scheme per year would be limited to 150 per year. Number of candidates/Institute would be about 3 per Institute subject to the availability of seats in the research centre and demand of a research centre by candidates. If the seats allotted to the institution remain vacant, these seats will be allotted to the other institutions by the Nodal Centre on the approval of AICTE.
- Reservation for fellowship shall be as per Central Reservation Policy i.e. 15% to SC candidates, 7.5% to ST candidates and 27% to OBC candidates (NCL only), and will be observed at National level.
Disbursement of the Funds
- The candidate will be provided the fellowship of Rs. 28,000/- per month + House rent allowance wherever the hostel accommodation/Institute accommodation is not available as per the rates of Ph.D. Scholarship notified by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education (Technical Section-I) vide F. Number 17-2/2014- TS.I dated 18.02.2015.Contingency grant will be admissible at the rate of Rs.15,000/- per annum.
- Candidates will be identified by the National Nodal Centre of AICTE as per the functions and duties of National Nodal Centre.
- Candidate should visit the website http://aicte-ndf.psgtech.ac.in for submitting online application
- Candidate should read the information booklet available in the above web site thoroughly before filling the fields in the online application.
- Candidates must only submit their application form online through https://aicte-ndf.psgtech.ac.in.
- Candidate should make sure that proper Institute / Discipline codes are selected, all relevant details are duly filled in the respective fields.
- Access to the link for online submission of application opens on May 12, 2018 (Saturday).
- Last date for the online submission of application is June 10, 2018 (Sunday).
- The candidate should submit the on-line application form along with relevant enclosures mentioned in the Information Booklet.
- The candidate should also pay an application fee through on-line for Rs. 500/- in respect of General/OBC category students and for Rs. 250/- in respect of reserved category students (SC/ST/PH).
- Portal opening date: 7th May 2018
- Access to on line submission of applications: 12th May 2018
- Closing of on line applications submission: 10th June 2018
- Display of final list of students eligible for interview: 14th June 2018
- Interviews at selected academic institutions: 18th June – 10th July 2018
- Display of selected candidates and their allotted institutes: 15th July 2018
- Reporting at institute by candidates: 31st July 2018
AICTE New Delhi
All India Council for Technical Education (A Statutory body of the Govt. of India) Nelson Mandela Marg, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi-110067, Website www.aicte-india.org