PGI Chandigarh MDS Admission 2019 Notification, Dates, Application
PGIMER MDS Admission 2019 - Eligibility, Application, Dates
PGI Chandigarh MDS Admission 2019 - Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh has invited applications for admission to Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) - House Job Courses for the academic session starting from 01st July 2019.
Interested candidates can check all the details of PGIMER MDS Chandigarh Admission 2019, like application form, eligibility criteria, application procedure etc. from this page give below.
Aims & Objectives
- The following are the objectives of the Institute:
- To develop patterns of teaching in undergraduate and postgraduate education for all its branches, so as to demonstrate a high standard of medical education.
- To bring together, as far as possible in one place, educational facilities of the highest order for the training of personnel in all important branches of health activity.
- To attain self-sufficiency in postgraduate medical education to meet the country's need for specialists and medical teachers.
PGI Chandigarh MDS Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Date of Notification/Advertisement: 02nd April 2019
- Opening of Online Application: 02nd April 2019
- Closing of Online Application: 01st May 2019
- Last Date for Deposit of Online Payment: 01st May 2019
- Last Date for uploading of Hard Copies of the documents: 01st May 2019
- Tentative Date of Written Test: 09th June 2019
Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) Courses
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- First Year Junior Resident (House Job) for Oral Health Sciences
Eligibility for PGI Chandigarh MDS Admission 2019
- To be eligible for admission to MDS/HOUSE JOB courses at the Institute, a candidate:
- Must hold degree of Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) of Panjab University or any other University recognized by Dental Council of India
- Must have either completed, or due to complete, compulsory rotatory internship training on or before 31st December for January session and 30th June for July session respectively
- Candidates are eligible for House Job within three years of obtaining the BDS degree
- Must be registered with Central /State Dental Registration Council
- Candidates are eligible for House Job within three years after obtaining the BDS degree. The candidates who have already done House Job in any Hospital or Institute are not eligible for House Job at PGIMER, Chandigarh.
Selection Procedure for PGI Chandigarh MDS Admission 2019
- Candidates will be considered for selection based on a theory paper consisting of 100 multiple choice question (MCQs) with four alternatives each and a single correct or most appropriate response
- The duration of this competitive entrance exam to be conducted at various centers at Chandigarh, is 90 minutes; there will be no clinical/practical exam
- Each incorrect response will be penalized with negative score of 0.25 marks
- Candidates of various categories will qualify for admission if they secure minimum marks in theory exam, as mentioned against each category
- Open (General) and Sponsored/Deputed: 50 marks
- OBC & SC/ST: 45 marks
Fees and Dues
- The following dues are payable to the Institute, by the candidates admitted to the MDS /House Job Courses:
- Registration Fee: Rs.500/-
- Tuition Fee: Rs.250/- per annum
- Laboratory Fee: Rs.900/- per annum
- Amalgamated Fund: Rs.360/- per annum
- Security: Rs.1000/- (refundable only after completion of course)
- Hostel Security: Rs.5000/- (refundable) to the deposited with the Administrative Officer (Hostel) if hostel accommodation is allotted
- The first installment of fees for six months is required to be paid immediately after selection
PGI Chandigarh MDS Admission 2019 Application Form
- Candidate should fill his/her online application form available on PGIMER website www.pgimer.edu.in. He/she should fill all the fields/columns of the form. No fields/columns should be left blank.
- After filling application form, the candidate should deposit the application fee through challan form (triplicate) in any branch of SBI
- Candidates can go to any Branch of State Bank of India with the fee Payment Challan duly filled in and pay the prescribed Application Fee in the “Power Jyoti” PUL current account of PGIMER
- The Challan form is required to be filled up in the name of Director, PGIMER, Chandigarh (Exam) in the Power Jyoti Account No.32211613319 and those candidates who have SBI account can also pay their fee through i-collect service of SBI and I-collect Account No. is 32222954695
- In that case the INB reference No. will have to be mentioned instead of Challan No. in the application form. The fees for GENERAL/OBC candidates are Rs.1000/- and for SC/ST Rs.800/- (indicating category i.e. General or SC/ST)
- Fee once deposited is non-refundable
- No representation/request /demand for refund of application fees will be entertained if the candidate fails to apply within the stipulated time after payment of application fee
- The application, sponsored category along with requisite certificates must reach the office of Registrar, PGIMER, Sector-12, Chandigarh-160012 before the last date of receiving the application
- For SC/ST Candidates: Rs.800/-
- For General & all other categories: Rs.1000/-
PGIMER Chandigarh (PGI Chandigarh)
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Chandigarh, Registrar, PGIMER, Sector-12, Chandigarh-160012, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.pgimer.edu.in
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here