Military Nursing Services your questions answered
The Armed Forces announce admission for female candidates for a four year B.Sc. in Nursing course which will be conducted at the Colleges of Nursing from August and also a three and a half year training of Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery course which starts in September at AFMS. The admission to the courses will be done purely on the basis of merit and the aspirants applying will be provided admission on in either Colleges of Nursing or Schools of Nursing.
Keep in mind that the selected candidates will be have to put up a mandatory bond to serve the Military Nursing Service (MNS) for five years which means that on the successful completion of the Nursing Training (for both courses), the candidates will be granted commission in the Military Nursing Service
What are the eligibility conditions for applying to B.Sc in Nursing?
The eligibility for applying to the course is as follows:
- Female candidates who are unmarried/divorcee/legally separated or widow without encumbrances.
- Should be a Indian National
- The date of birth should be between August 01, 1989 and July 31, 1997 (both days inclusive for 2014)
- The interested candidate should have passed the XII standard/ equivalent examination, in all the subjects opted for in first attempt, from a recognized Board/University with Science ( Physics, Chemistry, Biology) and English (as elective subject and not optional) with minimum of 50 per cent aggregate marks (PCBE), as a regular student.
- Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing for final year of qualifying examination during the current academic session may also apply provisionally. The candidates finally selected for the course will have to submit proof of passing the qualifying exam with requisite subjects & marks before joining the course. Those who have passed such examinations as private students or with compartment in any subject are not eligible.
- The applicant applying requires X-Ray examination of chest and USG (of abdomen & pelvis) to be done.
- Minimum height should not be less than 148 cm (relaxed by 5cm in case of north East candidates).
How to apply for B.Sc Nursing course with the Military Services?
Interested candidates can send in an application on A4 sized paper, typed in block letters, which has to be as per the format along with an attested passport size photo attested and duly pasted. Any application received on newspaper cutting or its photocopy will not be accepted.
There are also certain enclosures which need to be attached along with the application:
- Matric/equivalent certificate for DOB.
- Mark Sheet of Senior Secondary (10 + 2)/ equivalent exam. In case, subject codes and maximum marks are given on rear side, copy of both sides is essential.
- Certificate from Principal of the School/Jr College to the effect mentioning Science Stream with Physics, Chemistry & Biology as elective subject for candidates appearing in qualifying examination (i. e. 10+2/equiv exam).
- Caste Certificate of SC/ST candidates only.
- Gap certificates, in case the time gap between Class X and Class XII is more than two years, from concerned School/College that candidate passed Senior Secondary Exam in the First Attempt as a regular student.
- Admit card on A4 size paper (03 copies) with passport size photo (without attestation), duly pasted in the space provided. The application is liable to be rejected if the photographs are not pasted/loosely affixed and get detached while in transit/handling.
- Three self addressed envelopes (good quality) of size 28 cms x 12 cms with postal stamps of Rs. 7/- (Rs seven only).
- In case of widows/divorcees, an affidavit stating that you are issueless.
- In case of divorce, legal documents and an affidavit that the matter is not under consideration with the higher court. The documents should be neatly tagged along with the application.
- Identical photos taken recently should figure on applications & admit cards and should be pasted and not stapled.
- No Objection certificate from present employer, if employed
Will there be any medical examination for selection, if yes then what are the requirements for the same?
Yes, there is a medical examination conducted for selection of candidates after the interview. For this test, candidates will appear for medical examination before a Special Medical Board (SMB). Candidates who are declared fit/unfit will be informed by the President of the Medical board including the procedure of requesting for appeal/review medical board
Important points to keep in mind so that the application is not rejected?
In order to complete the application process without any errors
- Keep in mind that your application should be complete and you should not miss out on anything important.
- The documents are to be submitted along with the application and not later stage.
- Make sure that you attach all the required documents and don’t miss out on anything.
- You are to submit only one application and multiple applications can also lead to your application being rejected
- Application need to make sure that your application is duly signed by yourself and the admit card photographs are attested.
Also See Top Colleges
- Top Medical Colleges in India (Medicine/MBBS)
- Top 20 Government Medical Colleges (MBBS) Colleges in India
- Top Medical Colleges of Russia
- Top Medical Colleges in Gujarat
- Top Medical Colleges in Karnataka
- Top Medical Colleges in Bihar
- Top Medical colleges in Rajasthan
- Top Medical Colleges in Tamilnadu
- Top Medical Colleges in Bangalore
- Top Medical Colleges in Maharashtra
- Top Medical Colleges in U.P.
- Top Medical Colleges in Kerala
- Top Private Medical Colleges in India for MBBS
- Top Private Medical Colleges in Karnataka
- Top 10 Government Medical Colleges in India
- Top 20 Physiotherapy Colleges in India
- Top 20 Pharmacy Colleges in India
- Top 10 Dental Colleges in India
- Top Colleges in India
- Top 100 Engineering Colleges in India