CEE Kerala PG Dental (MDS) Admission 2019 through NEET MDS Notification
CEE Kerala Post Graduate Courses in Dental Surgery (MDS) 2019 through NEET
CEE Kerala PG Dental Admission 2019 through NEET MDS - Applications are invited from the candidates who have qualified in the NEET MDS 2019 for admission to MDS Courses for the year 2019 to the State Quota seats in the Govt. Dental Colleges in Kerala and to all the seats available in the Self Financing Dental colleges in Kerala.
The Director of Medical Education (DME) Govt. of Kerala conducts Post Graduate Courses in Dental Surgery (MDS - Master of Dental Surgery) in eight (08) different specialties, in the Govt. Dental Colleges at Thiruvananthapuram, Kozhikode and Kottayam.
Govt. also allots seats in the Self-financing Dental Colleges in the State, duly approved by DCI and KUHS.
Candidates can check the details of application, eligibility criteria and selection process for admission in PG Dental 2019 on this page below.
CEE Kerala PG Dental Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Kerala should apply online through the website: 22nd March to 27th March 2019
- Application of Service Candidates: 25th March 2019
- Last Date of Submission of Application & Application Fee: 27th March 2019
- Last Date for the Submission of Online Application: 27th March 2019 (05.00 pm)
- Declaration of Merit List: To be announced
- A total of 70 seats are available in Govt. Dental Colleges in the State for the year 2019; of these seats, 35 seats have been surrendered to Govt. of India under All India Quota. Selection and allotment to these All India Quota (AIQ) seats will be conducted by the Director General of Health Services, New Delhi.
- All conditions mentioned in the Prospectus for the year 2019 is also applicable to All India Quota candidates. There are 35 seats under 50% Kerala State Quota in the Govt. Dental Colleges. Dentals.
Duration of the Course
- The academic duration of the course shall be three calendar years (36 months) from the date of commencement of the course. No reduction in the duration of the course shall be granted
Eligibility Criteria for CEE Kerala PG Dental Admission 2019
- Academic: Applicant should possess a BDS degree from an approved Dental College and duly awarded by any one of the Universities in Kerala or duly recognized by the Govt. of India as equivalent thereto under the Indian Dentists Act, 1948 and should have obtained permanent registration from the Kerala State Dental Council after passing the final BDS examination or its equivalent there to with eligibility for full Registration in Kerala State Dental Council in all respects.
- Applicants who have completed or will complete one year (12 months) Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship (CRRI) as per DCI regulations in an approved/recognized Dental College on or before 31st March 2019 are eligible to apply.
- The condition of one-year Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship is not applicable to those candidates who had passed their final BDS Exam on or before 1988 and hold a BDS Degree from a Dental College recognized by the DCI and have obtained provisional or permanent registration from the Kerala State Dental Council.
- Admission to the candidate will be given only on the production of the registration of Kerala State Dental Council in original (refer clause 4 A of the prospectus).
- Nativity: Applicants should have satisfied any of the following conditions:
- Be an Indian Citizen of Kerala Origin. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card Holders will also be treated at par with Indian Citizens for the limited purpose of admission provided they execute a bond to serve as Senior Resident for one year. However, PIO/OCI candidates will not be eligible for any kind of reservation.
- Candidates, who are sons/daughters of Non-Keralite parents and have obtained BDS degree from any of the Dental Colleges in Kerala State. But they will not be eligible for communal/PD reservation benefits.
- There is no upper age limit for General Quota candidates.
- For Service Quota candidates, other than from Medical Education Services Quota (MESQ), whose retirement age is 60 years the upper age limit will be 50 years for Post Graduate Degree Courses as on 01st January 2019.
- But for those candidates in the service of DHS, who submit a bond (Rs.100/- non judicial stamp paper) at the time of admission, that they shall serve the Govt. of Kerala in any capacity which the Govt. deems fit after their retirement, up to the age of 60 years (the retirement age in MES and IMS),as per the terms and conditions prescribed by the Govt. and that they will not take up employment elsewhere during this period if the government has requisitioned their services, the upper age limit of such service candidates drawn from DHS will be 52 years for PG Degree Course.
- For MESQ and IMSQ candidates, upper age limit will be 52 years as on 01st January 2019.
- All candidates including Service Quota candidates seeking admission to Postgraduate Dental courses in the State of Kerala for the academic year 2019-20 shall have to qualify the National Eligibility-Cum Entrance Test for Postgraduate Dental Courses (NEET-MDS-2019) conducted by the National Board of Examination, New Delhi and should figure in the rank list prepared by the CEE Kerala.
- In order to be eligible for admission to any Post Graduate Dental Course in 2019-20, it shall be necessary for candidates including those who apply under Service Quota to obtain a minimum of marks at 50% in the NEET MDS 2019.
- However, in respect of candidates belonging to SC/ST/ SEBC, the minimum marks shall be at 40%; in respect of candidates with locomotor disability of lower limbs, the minimum marks shall be at 45%.
Selection Process for CEE Kerala PG Dental Admission 2019
- The selection of all candidates including Service Quota Candidates shall be made from the Rank list and Category list prepared by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations based on the NEET MDS 2019 rank list and as per the eligibility provisions contained in the Prospectus for admission to MDS-2019.
CEE Kerala PG Dental Admission 2019 Application Form
- All candidates who have qualified in NEET MDS 2019 seeking admission to the MDS Courses -2019, in Kerala should apply online through the website www.cee.kerala.gov.in of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations from 22nd March 2019 to 27th March 2019, 05.00 pm.
- While applying online, the applicant should upload the scanned image of his/her signature and the documents/certificates in PDF format, as per the instructions given in clause 8.2.4 of the prospectus
- Candidates are advised to keep the printout for future reference. No need to send the printout of the application or any supporting documents to the office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations.
- Application fee for General Quota and Service Quota candidates is Rs.1000/- and in the case of SC/ST candidates and those eligible for SC/ST benefits as per G.O.(Ms) No. 25/05/ST/SC DD dated 20.06.2005 is Rs.500/-.
- Service Quota candidates seeking admission in General Quota also, should pay an extra amount of Rs.1000/-. The prescribed fees can be remitted either by way of online payment or at any of the Head/Sub Post Offices in Kerala using the e-challan generated during the online application process.
- Application fee once remitted will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Candidates eligible for allotment/admission to the courses will be issued Data Sheet which can be downloaded from the website www.cee.kerala.gov.in from the date which will be notified later.