Dr DY Patil University Pune PhD Admission 2020
Dr DY Patil University Pune announces Admission to PhD Program 2020
Dr DY Patil University PhD Admission 2020 - Dr. D.Y. Patil Vidyapeeth (DPU), Pune invites application for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program offered in the Faculties of Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Management and Biotechnology & Bioinformatics for the academic session 2020.
The Vidyapeeth has the following constituent Colleges/Institutions, offering various Programs at UG, PG, Diploma, and Super Specialty, PhD, Fellowship and Certificate Courses.
Also See : Phd Admissions
PhD Admission 2020
- Applications are invited for All India Entrance Test 2020 for PhD Program in various Specializations under the faculties of Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Management and Biotechnology and Bioinformatics.
Dr DY Patil University PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
Last Date for Submitting the Application form Online
14th December 2019
AIET PhD 2020 Entrance Test
05th January 2020 (Sunday, from 11 am to 01:30 pm)
Will be notified
Declaration of Results
The date will be notified on the DPU website
Eligibility Criteria for Dr DY Patil University PhD Admission 2020
- For admission to the PhD Program in a subject under any Faculty the applicant shall fulfill the following criteria:
Faculty of Medicine
- A candidate who has passed MD/MS Degree Exam in the concerned subject from an Institute which is recognized by the Medical Council of India, OR
- Candidates having Diploma in National Board (DNB) qualification in the concerned subject OR
- A candidate having passed M. Optometry, M.Sc.(Medical) Degree Exam from a recognized University in Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Microbiology with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate
Faculty of Dentistry
- A candidate who has passed a Master in Dental Surgery (MDS) Degree Exam in the concerned subject from an Institute which is recognized by the Dental Council of India.
Faculty of Nursing
- A candidate who has passed a Master of Science Degree Exam in M. Sc. Nursing from a recognized university with a minimum of 55 % marks in aggregate
Faculty of Biotechnology & Bioinformatics
- A candidate having passed Master Degree Exam from a recognized university, i.e., (M.Sc. or M. Tech.) Degree from any branch of Science related to Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, such as Chemistry / Biology/ Life Sciences / Microbiology/ Biotechnology, Bioinformatics/Plant Environmental//Pharmacy/ Environmental//Pharmacy/Agriculture Science, Pharmaceutical Sciences etc. with a minimum of 55% Aggregate Marks in aggregate.
Faculty of Management
- A candidate having passed Master Degree Exam in Management or Business Administration or Management related subjects with a minimum of 55 % marks from a recognized university in aggregate
- The fellow members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants and/or Institute of Cost & Works Accountants of India or of Institute of Company Secretaries of India shall be eligible, provided that they possess a Bachelor Degree of any statutory University with minimum 55% marks in aggregate. Such candidate should have at least 5 years professional experience.
Faculty of Ayurved
- A candidate who has passed a Master Degree Exam in Ayurved from a recognized university with a minimum of 55 % marks in aggregate.
Faculty of Homoeopathy
- A candidate who has passed a Master Degree Exam in Homoeopathy from a recognized university with a minimum of 55 % marks in aggregate.
- Application for research in interdisciplinary areas and from applicants belonging to a faculty or a subject other than the faculty or subject in which the research is proposed to be done and also form the international students, shall be considered on the basis of the proven ability and aptitude for researchers as evidenced by his/her publications/ research work academics.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non- creamy layer) differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Vidyapeeth from time to time.
- A candidate shall submit online application to the Registrar in the prescribed format available at the Vidyapeeth website together with the processing fee, to paid online within the stipulated time furnishing the following information:
- NOC from the HOD and Head of the Institute concerned should be enclosed (Appendix-A)
- Incomplete online application received by the Vidyapeeth shall be rejected and no correspondence shall be entertained by the Vidyapeeth
- The Entrance Test shall consist of two papers and personal interview as viva voce on research proposal.
- Paper I: 50 MCQs of 1 Mark each on Research Methodology (Common for all students); 50 Marks; Duration: 1 Hour
- Paper II: (a) 30 MCQs of 1 Mark each; 30 marks and (b) 4 Short Notes of 5 Mark each (Pertaining to Specialization, interdisciplinary subject); 20 Marks; Duration: (1 & ½ Hours)
- Paper III: Personal Interview – 50 Marks; Duration – 20 Minutes
- Total Marks: 150
- There shall be separate sub-sections for each Specialization such as Medical, Dental, Nursing, Biotechnology & Bioinformatics, Ayurved, Homoeopathy, Management etc.
- The qualifying criteria of securing marks for the PhD Entrance Test shall be minimum 50% aggregate marks for the candidates belonging to open category and minimum 45% aggregate marks for the candidates belonging to the reserved category in the Entrance Test, to be eligible for admission
- Successful completion of Pre-PhD course work with 55% marks, as prescribed by the University Authorities, in the concerned subject shall be a requisite.
Post Doctoral Fellowship
- Post Doctoral Fellowship is available in the branches of Health Science, Biotechnology & Bioinformatics and Management PhD degree holders are eligible for availing the fellowship.
- The Fellowship is of Rs. 25,000/- pm (consolidated)
- The present Annual fee structure for the candidate, admitted to the course under different categories shall be as follows:
- Pre-Ph.D. Course Fee (To be paid in the Constituent College/Institute) - Rs.5000/-
- Annual Tuition Fee (To be paid in the Constituent College/Institute office per year)
- External Candidates (Candidates employed in the DPU Pune) - Rs.50,000/-
- Internal Candidates - Rs.40,000/-
- NRI/PIO/FN Candidates US$ - 2,000/-
Vidyapeeth Registration Fee: (One-time Fee)
- 15% of the Annual Tuition Fee, payable for the first year only (To be paid in the Vidyapeeth office at the time of enrolment; Note - Entrance Test fee is non-refundable
Vidyapeeth Eligibility & Registration Fee (One-time Fee)
- 15%of the Annual Fee, payable for the first year only, shall be paid by the student separately at the time of filing in the Eligibility Application as Vidyapeeth Eligibility & Registration Fee.
Pre-Ph.D. Exam Fee
- In addition to the above fees, the student shall pay the Pre-Ph.D. Examination Fee as prescribed by the Vidyapeeth from time to time.
Dr DY Patil University PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
For Online Submission
- A candidate shall submit online application to the Registrar in the prescribed format available at the Vidyapeeth website www.dpu.edu.in. Once the application form is complete, make online payment; after making online payment, submit the application form by clicking the ‘Submit” button
For Offline Submission
- Download the application form from the website www.dpu.edu.in. Fill up the information in own handwriting, Paste photographs. (Do not staple the Photographs)
- The application Form duly filled in should be submitted along with DD of Rs.5000/- drawn on any Nationalized Bank In favour of “Registrar, Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune”, payable at Pune
- NOC from the HOD and Head of the Institute concerned should be enclosed
- Incomplete applications received by the Vidyapeeth shall be rejected and no correspondence will be entertained by the Vidyapeeth.
Dr DY Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune
Sant Tukaram Nagar, Pimpri, Pune-411018, (Maharashtra), India, Tel.: (020) 22932323, 22932132, Email email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.dpu.edu.in
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Universities offering PhD in Computer science, Fee, Job Opportunities and Salary.
PhD Admission Process in India
Tips for Getting Good Scores in Gate Exams. Visit us for tips on getting good scores in GATE an all India level entrance examination for aspirants who want to pursue Masters/Direct PhD.
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India.
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India