Tamil Nadu MBBS and BDS Degree Course Admission 2019, Dates, Eligibility, Application
Government of Tamil Nadu announces MBBS and BDS Admission 2019 in Tamilnadu Government Medical / Dental Colleges
Tamil Nadu MBBS BDS Admission 2019 - Government of Tamil Nadu invites applications for Admission to MBBS / BDS Degree Courses in Tamil Nadu Government Medical and Dental Colleges, I.R.T. Medical College, Perundurai, Erode and Govt. Seats in Self Financing Medical and Dental Colleges Affiliated to the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University and Rajah Muthiah Medical/Dental College affiliated to Annamalai University, Chidhambaram, ESIC Medical College and PGIMSR, K.K. Nagar, Chennai for the Session 2019-2020.
Duration of the Courses
- M.B.B.S.: 5½ years including one-year Compulsory Rotatory Resident Internship.
- B.D.S.: 5 years including one-year Compulsory Rotatory Resident Internship.
- From the total number of MBBS / BDS seats available in the Government Medical / Dental Colleges, 15% of the seats are surrendered to All India Quota and the remaining 85% of seats are allotted to State Quota for the academic year 2019-2020
- The eligibility for admission to MBBS / BDS Degree Courses within the respective categories shall be based solely on marks obtained in the National Eligibility-Cum-Entrance Test (NEET UG – 2019).
Tamil Nadu MBBS BDS Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last date for submission of online application form: 20th June 2019 upto 5.00 P.M
- Last date for receipt of filled-in online application: 21st June 2019 upto 5:00 P.M.
- Tentative date of declaration of Rank list: 02nd July 2019
- Special Category and wards of I.R.T. employees
- 1st phase of counselling: 04th July 2019
- 2nd phase of counselling: 05th July 2019 to 12th July 2019 (Excluding Sunday)
- Depends on the schedule of All India Quota counselling
- Commencement of courses: 01st August 2019
- Closure of admission: 18th August 2019
Eligibility criteria for Tamil Nadu MBBS BDS Admission 2019
- Candidates should be a Citizen of India.
- Overseas Citizens of India, who are registered under Section 7A of the Citizenship Act, 1955 (Central Act 57 of 1955) are eligible to apply for MBBS/BDS Degree Courses subject to the production of proof of such registration. However, OCI candidates will not be eligible for any kind of reservation and will be treated only as Open Category.
- The National Testing Agency will prepare an All India Merit List of successful candidates of NEET (UG) – 2019 on the basis of the eligibility criteria provided by the Board of Governors in Supersession of Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India as given in Graduate Medical Education Regulations - 1997 issued under Indian Medical Council Act – 1956 and BDS Course Regulations, 2007 issued under the Dentists Act, 1948. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Admission to MBBS / BDS Degree Courses shall be based solely on marks obtained in the National Eligibility-Cum-Entrance Test (NEET–UG 2019)
- In order to be eligible for admission to MBBS / BDS Courses for a particular academic year, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain minimum of marks at 50th percentile in National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test to MBBS / BDS Courses held for the said academic year. However, in respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, the minimum marks shall be at the 40th percentile. In respect of candidates with Bench Mark Disabilities specified under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, the minimum marks shall be at 45th percentile for unreserved category candidates and 40th percentile for SC/SCA/ST/OBC candidates.
- Provided when a sufficient number of candidates in the respective categories fail to secure minimum marks as prescribed in National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test held for any academic year for admission to MBBS / BDS Courses, the Government of India in consultation with the Board of Governors in Supersession of the Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India may at its discretion lower the minimum marks required for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses for candidates belonging to respective categories and marks so lowered by the Government of India shall be applicable for the said academic year only.
- To be eligible for admission to the MBBS/BDS Courses, a candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology at the Qualifying Examination as mentioned in Graduate Medical Education Regulations-1997 as amended in 2018 and BDS Course Regulations, 2007 and in addition must have come in the merit list of National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for admission to MBBS / BDS Courses. In respect of the candidates belonging to the SC, ST and OBC category, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology taken in qualifying examination and competitive examination (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) must be 40% marks instead of 50%. In respect of candidates with Bench Mark Disabilities specified under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, the minimum marks in qualifying examination in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together must be 45% instead of 50%.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 from Open School or as private candidates shall not be eligible to appear for ‘National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test’. Furthermore, study of Biology/Biotechnology as an Additional subject at 10+2 level also shall not be permissible.
- Candidates who have passed the H.S.C or its equivalent Government examinations in the Vocational Stream as their elective or specialization and private candidates, who have passed 10 + 2 from Open School are not eligible to apply for the MBBS / BDS Degree Courses.
- The selection and admission of candidates of other Universities / Boards will be provisional, subject to the No Objection Certificate given by the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Guindy, Chennai. In case, No Objection Certificate is not accorded for the admission of the candidate on any ground, the provisional allotment of the candidate for continuance of the course and the admission will be cancelled.
- Candidates presently pursuing the MBBS course in Tamil Nadu or in other States of India or other countries in the world are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply for the MBBS Course once again.
- Candidates presently pursuing the BDS course in Tamil Nadu or in other States of India or other countries in the world are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply for the BDS Course again.
- Candidates should be a Native of Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates belonging to Native of Tamil Nadu and having studied from Standard VI to Standard XII in schools of Tamil Nadu need not submit their “Nativity Certificate”. However, such candidates should produce the true copies of their parent’s certificates such as Birth Certificate, Ration Card SSLC/10th/ 12th / Degree / Diploma / Professional course. In case, parents are not literate, then No Graduation Certificate for parents, from the Revenue Authority of competent jurisdiction, to substantiate their parent’s place of birth in Tamil Nadu and also “Parent’s Community Certificate to claim the communal reservation”. If the candidates do not submit the above mentioned certificates, then the candidates will be considered under Open Category.
- Candidates belonging to other States who are residing at Tamil Nadu cannot claim nativity of Tamil Nadu and they will be considered under Open Category.
- The other State candidates who are not native of Tamil Nadu and have studied from Standard VI to XII in Tamil Nadu will be considered under Open Category.
- Permanent Residence Certificate in lieu of Nativity Certificate will not be accepted.
- Candidates should have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or should complete that age on or before 31st December of that year
- The admission shall be made on the basis of National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test NEET-UG 2019 score for MBBS / BDS Degree Courses for the year 2019-2020 through Single Window system following rule of reservation for the State Quota seats in Government Medical/Dental Colleges and Government Quota seats in Self Financing Private Medical / Dental Colleges, I.R.T. Medical College, Perundurai, Erode affiliated to The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Rajah Muthiah Medical and Dental College affiliated to Annamalai University, Chidhambaram and ESIC Medical College and PGIMSR, K.K.Nagar, Chennai.
- Merely appearing and qualifying in NEET (UG) 2019 does not confer any right to the candidate for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses. The selection and admission to MBBS/BDS seats in any Medical Institution recognized for MBBS/BDS Courses is subject to fulfilling the admission criteria, eligibility, rank in merit list, medical fitness and such other criteria as may be prescribed by the Government of India, respective State Institutions and Medical/Dental Colleges.
- Rank List of the candidates shall be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET UG-2019) for MBBS/BDS Degree Courses for the academic year 2019-2020.
- The Secretary, Selection Committee will publish the tentative rank list on the official websites www.tnhealth.org, www.tnmedicalselection.org
- The selection will be made based on NEET–UG 2019 score and by Single Window counselling following the rule of reservation by the Government of Tamil Nadu as follows:
- Open Competition – 31 %
- Backward Class – 30 %
- Most Backward Class – 20 %
- Scheduled Caste – 18 %
- Scheduled Tribe – 1 %
- Within the 30% reservation for Backward Classes, 3.5% will be provided for Muslims and 16% of seats out of the 18% quota earmarked to Scheduled Caste shall be allocated to the Arunthathiyar Community.
Tamil Nadu MBBS BDS Admission 2019 Application Process
- The candidates are advised to take a print out of the Prospectus from the official websites and read it carefully, along with the parent / guardian before filling up the online application form for the academic year 2019-2020.
- The candidate should log in to any one of the following websites www.tnhealth.org, www.tnmedicalselection.org
- Candidates seeking admission to MBBS/BDS Degree Courses in Tamil Nadu Government Medical/Dental Colleges including I.R.T. Medical College, Perundurai, Erode District and Government seats in Self-Financing Medical/Dental Colleges affiliated to the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University and Rajah Muthiah Medical and Dental Colleges affiliated to Annamalai University, Chidambaram and ESIC Medical College and PGIMSR, K.K.Nagar, Chennai can access the application form from the following official websites www.tnhealth.org, www.tnmedicalselection.org
- Candidates should submit their filled in online application form after uploading the details in the required fields. They should send the printout of filled in online application form with necessary enclosures. The cost of application form of Rs.500/- (Rupees Five Hundred Only) should be paid through online payment via. Bank payment portal in the websites or by means of Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai-10” payable at Chennai.
- Candidates should submit their filled-in online application form by uploading the details in the required fields. After filling up of the required fields in the online application, candidate should download the filled in application and submit the same along with the required enclosures to the following address: The Secretary, Selection Committee, 162, Periyar E.V.R. High Road, Kilpauk, Chennai–600 010.
Government of Tamil Nadu
Selection Committee, Directorate of Medical Education, No.162, Periyar E.V.R. High Road, Kilpauk, Chennai–600 010, Phone No. 044-2836 1674, Website www.tnhealth.org, www.tnmedicalselection.org
Get latest Medical Entrance Exam Alerts by E-mail/SMS, Fill up the Form below:
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here
Also See Top Colleges
- Top Medical Colleges in India (Medicine/MBBS)
- Top 20 Government Medical Colleges (MBBS) Colleges in India
- Top Medical Colleges of Russia
- Top Medical Colleges in Gujarat
- Top Medical Colleges in Karnataka
- Top Medical Colleges in Bihar
- Top Medical colleges in Rajasthan
- Top Medical Colleges in Tamilnadu
- Top Medical Colleges in Bangalore
- Top Medical Colleges in Maharashtra
- Top Medical Colleges in U.P.
- Top Medical Colleges in Kerala
- Top Private Medical Colleges in India for MBBS
- Top Private Medical Colleges in Karnataka
- Top 10 Government Medical Colleges in India
- Top 20 Physiotherapy Colleges in India
- Top 20 Pharmacy Colleges in India
- Top 10 Dental Colleges in India
- Top Colleges in India
- Top 100 Engineering Colleges in India