NIS Chennai Doctor of Medicine Admission 2018 - Application, Dates
National Institute of Siddha (NIS) Chennai announces Doctor of Medicine (MD) Admission 2018
NIS Chennai Doctor of Medicine Admission 2018 - National Institute of Siddha (NIS), Chennai, announces admission for its Post Graduate MD Course for 2018 at National Institute of Siddha at Tambaram Sanatorium, Chennai (Tamil Nadu)
Also See : MedicalEntranceExam 2018
- The National Institute of Siddha at Tambaram Sanatorium, Chennai-47 has been constructed in 14.78 acres of land. This is an autonomous Institute under the Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India
Teaching & Research Activities
- This Institute is affiliated to the Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai-32 and it follows the syllabus and curriculum approved by the CCIM. The PG Speciality Courses offered in this Institute are as follows:
- M.D (Siddha) - Pothu Maruthuvam
- M.D (Siddha) - Gunapadam
- M.D (Siddha)- Pura Maruthuvam
- M.D(Siddha)-Varma Maruthuvam
- M.D(Siddha)-Siddhar Yoga Maruthuvam
- M.D(Siddha)-Kuzhandhai Maruthuvam
- M.D(Siddha)-Noi Naadal
- M.D(Siddha)-Nanju Maruthuvam
Aims & Objectives
- To impart Post -Graduate Education in Siddha system of medicine.To conduct experiments and to develop pattern of teaching in PG education in Siddha System
- To conduct research on various aspect of Siddha.
- To act as a center of excellence in Siddha.To provide medical care through Siddha System of medicine to suffering humanity. To develop, promote and propagate the science and art of Siddha.
- The duration of M.D (Siddha) Degree Course is 3 years with exams as per Central Council of Indian Medicine norms each year
- The students will be awarded the Post Graduate Degree of Siddha Medicine in the speciality concerned (i.e.) M.D. (Siddha) by the Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University
Also See : Pg Medical Entrance Exams 2018
Important Dates for NIS Chennai Doctor of Medicine Admission 2018
- Date of Downloading Application Form Commences from: 22nd August 2018
- Last Date for Downloading Application Form: 13th September 2018
- Locking of Application Downloading from Website: 13th September 2018(04.00 pm)
- Last Date for Receipt of filled-in Application Form: 14th September 2018 (up to 5.00 pm)
- Date of Counselling: 24th September 2018 (09.00 am)
- A pass in BSMS Degree Exam conducted by any CCIM recognized Colleges/Institute with successful completion of Compulsory Rotatory Residential Internship (CRRI). Candidates who have completed or will be completing CRRI before the date of Counselling are alone eligible to apply for post Graduate M.D (Siddha) Course
- Candidate should produce original CRRI completion certificate at the time of counselling, failing which their application will be rejected.
- Candidate should produce the Provisional Certificate or Degree Certificate from the recognized University and the Registration Certificate issued either in their state council of Indian Medicine / Tamilnadu Siddha Medical Council (or) Central Council of Indian Medicine at the time of counselling.
- Candidates from Foreign Countries should have passed BSMS Degree recognized by the Central Council of Indian Medicine, New Delhi with successful completion of Internship (CRRI).
- Admission to the course will be made strictly based on the merit list prepared on the basis of AIAPGET-2018 marks and applicable rules and regulations
- In case more than one candidate has secured the same marks, the tie shall be resolved on the basis of the following order of priority:
- Seniority in age.
- Percentage of marks obtained in the Final year examinations (Theory, Oral and Clinical marks).
- Least number of attempts in passing the final year examination.
- Option and allotment of speciality will be made at the time of counselling to be conducted at National Institute of Siddha, Chennai. Candidates who are absent for counselling will lose their right for admission.
- Speciality once opted and allotted to the candidate at the time of counselling will not be changed subsequently under any circumstances.
- Out of the total seats, one seat is allotted for a Foreign (BIMSTEC) student by rotation from any one of the existing Branches
- Out of the remaining seats, 15% are reserved for natural born SC candidates, 7.5% for natural born ST candidates and 27% for OBC candidates (In respect of OBC candidates, certificate of OBC status and exclusion from creamy layer for the year 2018-19 should be produced)
- 3% of the total seats (Special Category) from the General Category is reserved for PH candidates with locomotory disabilities of lower limbs between 50% and 70% under the Disability act subject to the condition that the disability certificate issued by a duly constituted
- The stipend shall be paid only to the candidates doing M.D.(S) course for the FIRST time. All Post–graduate students (except student of BIMSTEC category) shall be paid stipend at the approved rates as per government norms. BIMSTEC candidates will be paid as per the scheme applicable to them
- The stipend is payable after verification of attendance and on the recommendation of satisfactory performance of the P.G. students by the respective Head of the Department
Allotment of Seats to PG Speciality
- Pothu Maruthuvam- 08 (7+1 Foreign Countries)
- Gunapadam- 08
- Pura Maruthuvam - 03
- Varma Maruthuvam - 03
- Siddhar Yoga Maruthuvam - 02
- KuzhandhaiMaruthuvam - 08
- Noi Nadal - 07
- Nanju Maruthuvam - 07
- Total - 46 (45 +1 Foreign Countries)
- Application Forms can be downloaded from the Website www.nischennai.org
- Demand Draft, from any of the Nationalised Banks, for Rs.1500/- (Rupees one thousand five hundred only) in favour of "Director, National Institute of Siddha" payable at Chennai, drawn on or after should be enclosed
- For OBC/ SC/ST candidates the cost of application is Rs.1000/- (Rupees one thousand only) subject to production of a duly attested Xerox copy of SC/ST certificate, issued by the competent authority
- The filled in application along with enclosures should reach the Director, National Institute of Siddha, Tambaram Sanatorium, Chennai-600047, Tamil Nadu on or before the due date. Applications received after the due date and time will be summarily rejected
- The annual tuition fees, special fees, caution deposit, etc for the first, second and third year of M.D.(S) Course fixed from time to time Competent authority of the Institute will be collected from the students
- For more details, visit the website www.nischennai.org
National Institute of Siddha (NIS) Chennai
(Dept. of AYUSH) Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India, Tambaram Sanatorium, Chennai-600047, Tele-044-22411611, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.nischennai.org