NIMHANS Bangalore PhD, Superspeciality & Post-Doctoral Fellowship Courses Admission 2019
National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Science (NIMHANS) announces Doctoral & Postdoctoral Courses 2019-20 Session
NIMHANS Bangalore PhD, Superspeciality & Post-Doctoral Fellowship Courses Admission 2019 - National Institute of Mental Health and Neuroscience (NIMHANS) announced online applications on prescribed form for admission to the following courses for the academic year 2019-20.
It is for admission to programs such as PhD, Super-specialty, Post-Doctoral, Post Graduate, Graduate Diploma Courses, B.Sc. and CCNT/DCNT/DPN/DNN Courses. NIMHANS is an Institute of National Importance in Bangalore, Karnataka.
Get complete details of NIMHANS 2019 Entrance Exam such as dates, application form, eligibility criteria etc. on the page below.
See: PHD Admission 2019
Courses Offered at NIMHANS
- PhD Courses Institute Fellowships
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship Courses
- External Fellowship - Super Specialty Courses
- *Sponsored and Deputed candidate/s means permanent employees sponsored/deputed by the State/Central Govt. or Public Sector undertaking of State/Central Govt.
- Date of Advertisement of admission notification: 28th August 2019
- Start Date and End date for submission of Online Application forms 28th August to 16th September 2019
- Date of conduct of online entrance test:
- PhD super-specialty, Postdoctoral, Fellowship Courses, MD Courses: 20th October 2019
- Date for Interview for PhD Programs: 04th November 2019
- Date of admission
- PhD, Super-specialty, Postdoctoral, Fellowship, MD Courses: 05th December 2019
- Date of Commencement: 01st January 2020
Number of Seats
- Please visit website to check the number of seats of various courses.
- PhD in Biophysics
- PhD in Biostatistics - [Total - 01 Seat]
- PhD in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- PhD in Clinical Neurosciences - [Total - 07 Seats]
- PhD in Clinical Psychology
- PhD in Clinical Psychopharmacology and Neurotoxicology
- PhD in History of Psychiatry
- PhD in Human Genetics
- PhD in Mental Health Education
- PhD in Mental Health Rehabilitation - [Total - 02 Seats]
- PhD in Neurochemistry
- PhD Degree in Neuroimaging and Interventional Radiology
- PhD Degree in Neurology
- PhD Degree in Neurological Rehabilitation
- PhD Degree in Neuromicrobiology
- PhD Degree in Neuropathology
- PhD Degree in Neurophysiology
- PhD Degree in Neurovirology
- PhD Degree in Nursing
- PhD Degree in Psychiatric Social Work
- PhD Degree in Psychiatry
- PhD Degree in Speech Pathology and Audiology
- DM in Neurology (Post MD/DNB Category) - [Total - 10 Seats]
- DM in Neuroimaging & Interventional Radiology - [Total - 01 Seat]
- DM in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry - [Total - 02 Seats]
Postdoctoral Fellowship Courses
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Epilepsy - [Total - 02 Seats]
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Movement Disorders - [Total - 02 Seats]
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Neuromuscular Disorder - [Total - 03 Seats]
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Pediatric Neurology - [Total - 01 Seat]
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry - [Total - 01 Seat]
- MD Degree in Psychiatry - [Total - 19 Seats]
- All India Category - [Total - 11 Seats]
- Karnataka State Domicile Category - [Total - 05 Seats]
- North Eastern States Domicile Category - [Total - 03 Seats]
Ph.D. in Clinical Neurosciences (ICMR Program)
- Minimum Qualification: MBBS degree with not less than 55% of the Marks of any University recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI). The Candidate should have completed satisfactorily one-year compulsory rotating internship or its equivalent as recognized by the MCI after passing the final MBBS examination and must have full registration with a State Medical Council.
- The duration of the course will be for a period of five years.
Common for All Courses
- The qualifying degrees for all the above-mentioned courses should be from a University recognized by NIMHANS. For Medical qualification the degree should be recognized by the Medical Council of India
- For Medical Courses, the applicant should have completed compulsory rotation internship of one-year after MBBS or its equivalent as recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI) and a certificate to that effect has to be produced by the applicant, on or before the date of commencement of course i.e. 01st January 2020
- The Candidates should have obtained not less than 55% of Marks in the aggregate in qualifying degree for non-medical courses and a relaxation of 5% on the aggregate of marks obtained will be given for non-medical and PhD Courses in respect of SC/ST candidates
- 10% relaxation in the qualifying marks of the Online Entrance Test will be given all Post- Doctoral Fellowship Courses for the Sponsored /Deputed Candidates.
- For more details regarding the minimum requirement for admission for the above mentioned courses, kindly refer to Prospectus 2019-20
- For PG Medical and Super-specialty Courses, age should not be more than 35 years for PG Medical degree holders as on 01st January 2020 (not applicable for PDF Courses)
- Age is relax able by a maximum of 5 years in the case of SC/ST candidates and by a maximum of 3 years for OBC candidates as on the date of commencement of courses.
- Age should not be more than 45 years as on the date of commencement of courses in case of sponsored/deputed candidates. Employees of NIMHANS applying for PhD should have at least 10 years of service left before registering for PhD.
- Age is relaxable by a maximum of 5 years in the case of PWD candidates as on the date of commencement of course (check PWD block under reservation of seats section for more information)
Online Entrance Test
- The Entrance Test will be held online (i.e., computer based)
- The seven cities identified for conduct of online entrance test in the year 201-20 are Bengaluru, Chennai, Cochin, Hyderabad in the South, Pune in the West, Delhi in the North, and Kolkata in the East
- A mock test demo will be hosted on the NIMHANS website 15 days prior to the Online Entrance Test. The Online Entrance Test will be conducted for 2 - 3 days at all the Test Centres across the country.
- Application forms for all the courses are available online at the NIMHANS website www.nimhans.ac.in
- The applications have to be filled online and submitted online. Applications with enclosures will be received online only. Abstract need not be sent separately A candidate can apply for a maximum of three courses only, provided they are eligible
- The Application fee is Rs.1500/- per course for General candidates and Rs.1000/- per course for SC/ST candidates for each course.
- The payment is to be made online only with Debit/ Credit Cards and/or online transfer. Other mode of payment including Demand Draft will not be accepted at any cost.
- Foreign Nationals are required to submit their applications through the Diplomatic Channel (through the Ministry of External Affairs).
- They shall also appear for the common Entrance Test along with the other candidates
- In addition to the online application, sponsored/deputed candidates should submit their application through proper channel, and they should also appear for the Common Entrance Test. The candidates should produce the sponsorship/deputation certificate in the prescribed format and should be uploaded along with the online application
- NIMHANS reserves its absolute rights to modify/alter/amend the admission guidelines
National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, Hosur Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka-560029, Website www.nimhans.kar.nic.in
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India