NIMHANS Bangalore PhD, MPhil, Fellowship Admission 2019, Dates, Application
National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Science (NIMHANS) announces Doctoral & Postdoctoral Courses 2019-20
NIMHANS Bangalore PhD, MPhil, Fellowship Admission 2019 - National Institute of Mental Health and Neuroscience (NIMHANS) announced online applications on prescribed form for admission to the following courses for the academic year 2019-20.
It is for admission to programs such as PhD, Super-specialty, Post-Doctoral, Post Graduate, Graduate Diploma Courses, B.Sc. and CCNT/DCNT/DPN/DNN Courses. NIMHANS is an Institute of National Importance in Bangalore, Karnataka.
Also see: Phd Admission 2019
Get complete details of NIMHANS 2019 Entrance Exam such as dates, application form, eligibility criteria etc on the page below.
Courses Offered at NIMHANS
- PhD Courses Institute Fellowships
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship Courses
- External Fellowship - Super Specialty Courses
- M Phil
- *Sponsored and Deputed candidate/s means permanent employees sponsored/deputed by the State/Central Govt. or Public Sector undertaking of State/Central Govt.
NIMHANS Bangalore PhD, MPhil, Fellowship Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Date of Advertisement of admission notification 17th January 2019
- Start Date and End date for submission of Online Application forms 17th January to 16th February 2019
- Date of conduct of online entrance test:
- PhD superspeciality, Postdoctoral, Fellowship, M.Phil, M.Sc, Postgraduate and Postgraduate Diploma Courses 30th March to 31st March 2019
- B.Sc course 21st April 2019
- Date for Interview for Ph.D Programs 28th to 30th May 2019
- Date of admission
- PhD, Superspeciality, Postdoctoral, Fellowship, M.Phil, M.Sc. and Postgraduate courses 04th June 2019
- B.Sc, Diploma and Certificate Courses. 07th June 2019
Number of Seats:
- Please visit website to check the number of seats of various courses.
Also see: M.Phil Admission 2019
Eligibility Criteria for NIMHANS Bangalore PhD, MPhil, Fellowship Admission 2019
- DM Degree in Neuroimaging & Interventional Radiology: MD/DNB in Radiodiagnosis; the duration of the course will be for a period of three years
- DM Degree in Neurology: MBBS degree from a recognized University or from any other University recognized as equivalent thereto by NIMHANS and by the Medical Council of India
- Post MBBS: The duration of the course will be for a period of five years
- Post MD/DNB in Internal (General) Medicine or Pediatrics: The duration of the course will be for a period of three years.
- DM Degree in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry: MD/DNB in Psychiatry; the duration of the course will be for a period of three years
- DM Degree in Addiction Psychiatry: MD/DNB in Psychiatry; the duration of the course will be for a period of three years
- DM Degree in Neuro-anaesthesia: MD/DNB in Anaesthesia; the duration of the course will be for a period of three years
- DM Degree in Neuropathology: MD/DNB in Pathology; the duration of the course will be for a period of three years
- Post MBBS: The duration of the course will be for a period of five years
- Post MS/DNB in General Surgery: The duration of the course will be for a period of three years
- Post Doctoral Fellowship in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry: MD/DNB in Psychiatry.
- Post Doctoral Fellowship in Neuroanaesthesia: MD/DNB in Anesthesia.
- Post Doctoral Fellowship in Neurocritical Care: MD/DNB in Anesthesia/ MD in Internal Medicine/ DM in Neuroanaesthesia /DM/DNB in Neurology or M.Ch./DNB in Neurosurgery.
- Post Doctoral Fellowship in Nero-infection: MD in Microbiology.
- Post Doctoral Fellowship in Hospital Infection Control: MD/DNB in Microbiology.
- Epilepsy, Movement Disorders, Neuromuscular Disorder, Stroke: DM/DNB in Neurology
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Neuropathology: MD/DNB in Pathology.
- Post Doctoral Fellowship in Transfusion Medicine: MD/DNB in Pathology / Medicine / Pediatrics / Microbiology / An aesthesia / Emergency Medicine or any other clinical equivalent degree recognized from a recognized institution in India
- Post Doctoral Fellowship in Acute Care & Emergency Psychiatry: MD/DNB in Psychiatry
- Post Doctoral Fellowship in Community Mental Health: MD/DNB in Psychiatry.
- Post Doctoral Fellowship in Addiction Medicine: MD/DNB in Psychiatry
- Post Doctoral Fellowship in Geriatric Psychiatry: MD/DNB in Psychiatry.
- Post Doctoral Fellowship in Obsessive Compulsive disorder & related disorders: MD/DNB in Psychiatry.
- Post Doctoral Fellowship in Clinical Neuro Sciences & Therapeutics in Schizophrenia: MD/DNB in Psychiatry. (The duration of Post Doctoral Fellowship courses will be for a period of one year)
- MBBS: The duration of the course will be for a period of three years
- Diploma in Psychiatry (DPM): The duration of the course will be for a period of two years for DPM candidates
- Fellowship in Psychosocial Support in Disaster Management: M.Phil. in Psychiatric Social Work/Clinical Psychology/Psychosocial Rehabilitation/Disaster Management or M.Sc. in Psychiatric Nursing with one year experience after completion of M.Sc. course.
- Fellowship in Psychiatric Rehabilitation: Candidates who possess the following degrees/diplomas a) Diploma in Psychiatry/Psychological Medicine or MD (Psychiatry) or DNB (Psychiatry), b) M.Phil. in Clinical Psychology/Psychiatric Social Work, c) M.Sc. in Psychosocial Rehabilitation, Direct candidates as well as those deputed from other organizations can be admitted to the course
- Those with MBBS and those with MA in Psychology/MSW/M.Sc. Nursing who have had minimum of 2 years of experience of having worked in a mental health setting are eligible. (If M.Phil. or Diploma is for only 1 year duration, then 1 additional year of experience in mental health setting is necessary).
- The duration of Fellowship courses will be for a period of one year
Ph.D. in Clinical Neurosciences (ICMR Program)
- Minimum Qualification: MBBS degree with not less than 55% of the Marks of any University recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI). The Candidate should have completed satisfactorily one-year compulsory rotating internship or its equivalent as recognized by the MCI after passing the final MBBS examination and must have full registration with a State Medical Council.
- The duration of the course will be for a period of five years.
- M.Phil. in Biophysics: MBBS/B.Tech in Biotechnology / Electronics / Computer Science / M.Sc. in Biophysics / Physics / Biochemistry / Biotechnology / Life Sciences / Zoology / Chemistry/Physiology
- M.Phil. in Clinical Psychology: 2 years full time MA/M.Sc. in Psychology/Counseling Psychology / Psychological Counseling / Applied Psychology /Clinical Psychology
- M.Phil. in Neurophysiology: MBBS/BAMS (Ayurveda)/BDS/M.Sc. in Physiology / Neuroscience / Anatomy / Biochemistry / Zoology / Biotechnology / Life Science/Molecular Biology/Bachelors in Unani Medicine
- M.Phil. in Neurosciences: MBBS/BE/B.Tech Electronics/Electrical/Computer Science / Biotechnology / M.Sc. in Physics / Chemistry / Biochemistry / Anatomy / Physiology / Molecular Biology / Genetics / Biotechnology / Zoology / Life Science / MA Psychology / M.Sc. Psychology
- M.Phil. in Psychiatric Social Work: 2 years full time MA/MSW degree in Social Work.
- Masters in Public Health: MBBS
- M.Sc. in Psychiatric Nursing: Should be a Registered Nurse & Midwife with any State Nursing Registration Council with minimum passing of B.Sc. Nursing/B.Sc. Hons. Nursing/Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing with minimum of 55% aggregate marks from an Institute recognized by INC with minimum of one-year experience after Basic B.Sc. Nursing as on the day of counseling.
- Minimum of one year of work experience prior or after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing as on the day of counseling
- Candidate shall be medically fit
- The duration of M.Phil, M.Sc. and MPH courses will be two years
- Common for All Courses
- The qualifying degrees for all the above-mentioned courses should be from a University recognized by NIMHANS. For Medical qualification the degree should be recognized by the Medical Council of India
- For Medical Courses, the applicant should have completed compulsory rotation internship of one-year after MBBS or its equivalent as recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI) and a certificate to that effect has to be produced by the applicant, on or before the date of commencement of course i.e. 01st January 2019
- The Candidates should have obtained not less than 55% of Marks in the aggregate in qualifying degree for non-medical courses and a relaxation of 5% on the aggregate of marks obtained will be given for non-medical and PhD Courses in respect of SC/ST candidates
- 10% relaxation in the qualifying marks of the Online Entrance Test will be given all Post- Doctoral Fellowship Courses for the Sponsored /Deputed Candidates.
- For PG Medical and Super-specialty Courses, age should not be more than 35 years for PG Medical degree holders as on 01st July 2019 (not applicable for PDF Courses)
- Age is relax able by a maximum of 5 years in the case of SC/ST candidates and by a maximum of 3 years for OBC candidates as on the date of commencement of courses.
- Age should not be more than 45 years as on the date of commencement of courses in case of sponsored/deputed candidates. Employees of NIMHANS applying for PhD should have at least 10 years of service left before registering for PhD.
- Age is relaxable by a maximum of 5 years in the case of PWD candidates as on the date of commencement of course (check PWD block under reservation of seats section for more information)
¬†Online Entrance Test
- The Entrance Test will be held online (i.e., computer based)
- The seven cities identified for conduct of online entrance test in the year 201-20 are Bengaluru, Chennai, Cochin, Hyderabad in the South, Pune in the West, Delhi in the North, and Kolkata in the East
- A mock test demo will be hosted on the NIMHANS website 15 days prior to the Online Entrance Test. The Online Entrance Test will be conducted for 2 - 3 days at all the Test Centres across the country.
NIMHANS Phd, MPhil and Fellowship Admission 2019 Application Form
- Application forms for all the courses are available online at the NIMHANS website www.nimhans.ac.in
- The applications have to be filled online and submitted online. Applications with enclosures will be received online only. Abstract need not be sent separately A candidate can apply for a maximum of three courses only, provided they are eligible
- The Application fee is Rs.1500/- per course for General candidates and Rs.1000/- per course for SC/ST candidates for each course.
- The payment is to be made online only with Debit/ Credit Cards and/or online transfer. Other mode of payment including Demand Draft will not be accepted at any cost.
- Foreign Nationals are required to submit their applications through the Diplomatic Channel (through the Ministry of External Affairs).
- They shall also appear for the common Entrance Test along with the other candidates
- In addition to the online application, sponsored/deputed candidates should submit their application through proper channel and they should also appear for the Common Entrance Test. The candidates should produce the sponsorship/deputation certificate in the prescribed format and should be uploaded along with the online application
- NIMHANS reserves its absolute rights to modify/alter/amend the admission guidelines
National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, Hosur Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka-560029, Website www.nimhans.kar.nic.in
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India