National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences announces Admission to PhD and Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2021, Apply now
NIMHANS PhD and PDF Admission – National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences Bangalore invites application for Admission to the following courses under Session 2 of the Academic Year 2021-22
Check out the post below for details such as the course offered, eligibility criteria, fees, application process for NIMHANS Admission 2021.
- Ph.D. Programs : PhD in Biophysics, Biostatistics, Clinical Psychopharmacology and Neurotoxicology, Clinical Psychology, Human Genetics, Mental Health Education, Neurochemistry, Neuroimaging and Interventional Radiology, Neurology, Neurological Rehabilitation, Neuromicrobiology, Neuropathology, Neurophysiology, Neurovirology, Nursing, Psychiatric Social Work, Psychiatry, History of Psychiatry, Mental Health Rehabilitation, Speech Pathology & Audiology, Integrative Medicine, Psychosocial Support in Disaster Management
- Postdoctoral Fellowship : PDF in Epilepsy, Movement Disorder, Neuromuscular Disorder
NIMHANS PhD and PDF Admission Dates 2021
- Date of Advertisement of Admission Notification: 26th November 2021
- Start Date for Submission of Hardcopy Application Forms: 26th November 2021
- Last Date for Submission of Hardcopy Application Forms: 15th December 2021
- Date of Conduct of Entrance Test for Phd and PDF Neurology Courses: 28th December 2021
- Date of Announcement of Result for Ph.D. and PDF Neurology Course: 28th December 2021
- Date of Interview & Admission for Ph.D. Programs: 29th and 30th December 2021
- Date of Admission, commencement for PDF Neurology Course and date of course commencement for PhD course: 01st January 2022
NIMHANS PhD and PDF Admission Eligibility Criteria 2021
PhD in Biophysics
- MBBS OR M.Phil.Biophysics /Neuroscience OR Master’s Degree in Biochemistry/Biophysics / Bioinformatics / Biotechnology / All branches of Life Sciences /Microbiology/ Physics /Physiology/Pharmacology/Regenerative Medicine.
PhD in Biostatistics
- Master’s Degree in Agricultural Statistics/Applied Statistics/ Biostatistics / Health Statistics / Medical Statistics / Statistics OR M.Stat. (ISI) through regular courses.
Ph.D. in Clinical Psychopharmacology and Neurotoxicology
- Clinical Psychopharmacology Unit: MBBS OR DPM OR MD in Psychiatry / Psychological Medicine or DNB in Psychiatry or M.Pharm OR PharmD.
- Neurotoxicology Unit: M.Pharm OR PharmD or MD in Biochemistry / Microbiology / M.Phil. / 2 years M.Sc. in Biochemistry / Microbiology / Physiology / Neurosciences / Zoology / Biotechnology / M.Tech in Biotechnology.
Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology
- M.Phil. in Clinical Psychology OR M.Phil. in Mental Health and Social Psychology OR 2 years Master’s Degree in Applied Psychology/ Clinical Psychology/ Counselling Psychology/ Psychological Counselling/ Psychology.
Ph.D. in Human Genetics
- 2 years Master’s Degree in Zoology/ Biotechnology/ Biochemistry/ Applied Genetics/ Human Genetics/ Molecular Biology/ Biomedical Genetics OR M.Tech in Genetic Engineering/ Genetic Biotechnology OR B.Tech in Biotechnology OR MBBS.
Ph.D. in Mental Health Education
- MBBS / Masters in Health Education / Media Studies / Journalism / Mass Communication/ Masters in Public Health / Masters in Social Work / Nursing / Psychology with 2 years of experience in a mental health setting or in Health Journalism.
Ph.D. in Neurochemistry
- 2 years M.Sc. Degree in Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Neuroscience / Medical Biochemistry.
Ph.D. in Neuroimaging and Interventional Radiology
- BE OR B.Tech OR DNB in Radiodiagnosis OR MBBS OR MD OR Master’s Degree in Medical Subjects OR M.Tech Degree.
Ph.D. in Neurological Rehabilitation
- DNB in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation OR Master’s Degree in Physiotherapy (MPT) / Occupational therapy (MOT) / Orthotics & Prosthetics OR MBBS OR MD in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation OR M.Phil. in Clinical Psychology / Psychiatric Social Work / Clinical Neurosciences OR Master’s Degree in Nursing / Speech Therapy.
For Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Minimum qualification for admission : DM in Neurology OR DNB in Neurology
- Other requirement : Applicants should have pursued and been awarded qualification from an Institution/University recognized by Medical Council of India./National Medical Commission.
- For all category wise eligibility criteria check on the prospectus.
- The age is calculated as on 1st January 2022 for Session 2.
- The Age limit for various courses is as follows:
- The age limit for PhD courses will be 40 years for External Fellowship Category and 42 years for Sponsored /Deputed Candidates and Employees of the Institute category.
- The upper age limit for PDF Neurology course is 45 years.
- Age is relaxable by a maximum of 5 years in the case of PWD candidates (Please check PWD block under reservation of seats section for more information)
NIMHANS PhD and PDF Admission Application Process 2021
- Application forms for all the courses are available at the NIMHANS official website www.nimhans.ac.in
- Application should be submitted to the Assistant Administrative Officer (A&E) Academic & Evaluation Section, NIMHANS, Hosur Road, Bengaluru – 560029 with photocopies of all relevant documents , photograph and Application fee payment receipt in a closed cover with the title on the cover as “Application for (COURSE NAME) under Session 2 of the Academic Year 2021-22
- All the Ph.D. and PDF Neurology applicants can apply for a maximum of 3 courses, and the applications have to be submitted separately for different courses.
- Application forms in any other form other than hardcopy will be summarily rejected.
- Application fee can be remitted through State Bank (SB) Collect Payment Portal from 26.11.2021 to 15.12.2021.
- Indian National Applicants belonging to General, OBC and EWS Category Applicants and Foreign National Applicants: Rs. 1500/- per course
- Indian National Applicants belonging to SC or ST Category: Rs. 1000/- per course
- Indian National Applicants belonging to PWD category (40%-70% Disability): No Application Fee
- Mode of Payment: Through SB Collect Payment
- Selection will be based on Entrance Test (70%) + Interview (30%)
- Seats under ‘External Fellowship Category’ are subject to availability of guides Applicants who have been awarded ‘External Fellowship’ from various External Agencies are required to qualify with minimum of 50% marks in the Entrance Test to become eligible for appearing in the interview.
For more details and apply, please visit the official website