NEIGRIHMS Shillong MBBS Admission 2019 Dates, Eligibility, Application
NEIGRIHMS Shillong announces Admission to MBBS Course through NEET 2019 for North East Open Category
NEIGRIHMS MBBS Admission 2019 - North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS), Shillong applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) Program for the session 2019-20 for North East Open Category
- North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS), Shillong, Meghalaya is an Autonomous Institute established by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India in 1987. The then Prime Minister Late Rajiv Gandhi dedicated the Institute to the memory of Late Indira Gandhi, former Prime Minister for her commitment to the welfare and affection for the people of North Eastern Region.
- NEIGRIHMS is an Institute of Excellence in Medical Education & Human Resource Development by providing quality Medical Education to generate Health Manpower in various Branches in the field of medicine including providing Undergraduate, Post-graduate, Nursing and allied profession; an excellent centre in patient care services and an open referral hospital to provide specialized health care to the people of North East India along with the advanced research facilities. The Super speciality, Post Graduate (MD/MS) and MBBS courses are recognized by the Medical Council of India.
Duration of the Course
- The duration of course is 4 years and 6 months as per the Academic calendar of Medical Council of India (MCI), followed by 1 year compulsory rotatory internship.
Commencement of the Course
- The course will commence with effect from 1st August, 2019 for the current academic year 2019-20.
- The course is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and affiliated to the North Eastern Hill University (NEHU), Shillong.
Category & Number of Seats
- Arunachal Pradesh - 4
- Meghalaya - 9
- Mizoram - 3
- Nagaland - 8
- NE (Open to all North Eastern States including Sikkim) -18
- Seats to be filled on the basis of Common all India - 8
- Total – 50
NEIGRIHMS MBBS Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Online Registration of Applications on NEIGRIHMS Opens: 17th June 2019
- Online Registration of Applications closes on: 17th July 2019
- List of candidates to be published in the Institute’s website: 22nd July 2019
- 1st Counseling and admission: 26th July 2019
- Commencement of the Session: 1st August 2019
Eligibility Criteria for NEIGRIHMS MBBS Admission 2019
- The Applicant must be a Permanent Resident/Domicile of one of the 8 (eight) North-eastern states of India including Sikkim.
- The Applicant should have studied and completed their course in the schools located in India in the preceding two years. He/ She should have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December 2019, the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S.
- The applicant should have passed the qualifying examinations in the manner mentioned below:
- The Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher/Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years of study, the last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry and Biology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) and any other elective with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training
- The applicant must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology (or Botany and Zoology) and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany & Zoology) in the qualifying examination.
- He/ She must have appeared in the NEET UG- 2019 and have qualified for admission to the MBBS course 2019 in any Indian University/ Institute.
- Selection for admission to the 18 (eighteen) seats under the NE open seats category shall be based on the NEET UG -2019 qualified SCORE and percentile of marks calculated.
- Candidates not qualified in the NEET UG 2019 will not be considered for admission to the Institute and their names will not be included in the merit list.
- A merit list of all the candidates will be prepared on the basis on their Score and percentile of marks obtained in the NEET UG- 2019.
- List of candidates called for counselling along with waiting list (if any) will be placed in the official website: [www.neigrihms.gov.in] and Institute Notice Board. It is the responsibility of the candidate to find out the date of counselling from Institute Website/notice board, no individual call letter will be sent.
- Candidates listed for counselling and selected for admission shall have to attend and medical examination at the Institute at their own cost on the notified date.
- At the time of counselling, candidates will have to attend in person and produce the original of the following documents
- Domicile/ Permanent Residential Certificate valid for the year 2019, from the competent authority (i.e. District Commissioner of the state or any Government authorized Official) proving that he/she is Domicile /Permanent resident of either of the 8 (eight) North Eastern states of India including Sikkim.
- Age Proof: High School Certificate / Secondary School Certificate / Admit Card of 10th or 10+ 2 Exams issued by the Board / University showing the date of birth / Birth Certificate of the applicant issued by the competent Government authority.
- Certificates: Pass Certificate / Provisional Pass Certificate. Character and Conduct Certificate.
- Mark Sheets: Clearly readable mark sheet of the 10+2 examination showing the marks secured by the applicants.
- Admission will not be finalized unless the candidates produce all the original documents. There will be no allocation of marks for the counselling. Counselling will be conducted strictly on the basis of merit in the NEET UG -19 score and percentile.
- Candidates found medically fit are required to pay the admission fee in full.
- To fill vacancies arising due to failure of appearance by the selected candidates, sufficient number of candidates from the waiting list will also be called for 2nd counselling. Such candidates will have to appear for the 2nd and/or 3rd counselling on the notified date at their own cost.
- Candidates who fail to attend counselling/medical examination on the notified date shall forfeit their claim for admission and placement in the waiting list.
- Candidates who have been admitted must join their classes on the date of commencement of the classes. The Selection/Admission is liable to be cancelled if the selected candidate does not report to join the class on the stipulated date without prior permission.
NEIGRIHMS MBBS Admission 2019 Application Process
- Prospectus and Online Application form is downloadable from the Institute website at www.neigrihms.gov.in
- Online Prospectus, Registration Forms and Application Forms are available w.e.f. 17th June, 2019 to 17th July 2019 in the NEIGRIHMS website at www.neigrihms.gov.in
- The fee for online submission of complete Application Form includes the Application Processing Fees is Rs. 500/-(non-refundable) plus bank charges as applicable. The candidate is required to go through the prospectus and guidelines carefully and acquaint himself/herself with all requirements with regard to filling of the online Application Form.
- It will be the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that correct address, email address and mobile number is entered in the Application Form.
- Candidate should follow the Instructions carefully and to fill in the online Application Form taking utmost care as given on the website. The guidelines for online registration and filling up of Application Form are available as a separate document on the website.
- The Institute will not be responsible for faulty communication due to incorrect address given by the applicant in the Application Form. No candidate should register more than one application.
- Payment Procedure: The prescribed amount of Examination Fee, i.e. Rs. 500/- (Five Hundred Only) plus charges as applicable may be deposited through Credit card/Debit card (visa/ Master) of any Bank to “NEIGRIHMS MBBS ACCOUNT”. Candidates are advised to retain a printout copy of the online Application Form and the proof of submission of Application.
For more details and guidelines available in website www.neigrihms.gov.in.
Mawdiangdiang, Shillong-793018, Meghalaya, India, Email- firstname.lastname@example.org, website www.neigrihms.gov.in.
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here
Also See Top Colleges
- Top Medical Colleges in India (Medicine/MBBS)
- Top 20 Government Medical Colleges (MBBS) Colleges in India
- Top Medical Colleges of Russia
- Top Medical Colleges in Gujarat
- Top Medical Colleges in Karnataka
- Top Medical Colleges in Bihar
- Top Medical colleges in Rajasthan
- Top Medical Colleges in Tamilnadu
- Top Medical Colleges in Bangalore
- Top Medical Colleges in Maharashtra
- Top Medical Colleges in U.P.
- Top Medical Colleges in Kerala
- Top Private Medical Colleges in India for MBBS
- Top Private Medical Colleges in Karnataka
- Top 10 Government Medical Colleges in India
- Top 20 Physiotherapy Colleges in India
- Top 20 Pharmacy Colleges in India
- Top 10 Dental Colleges in India
- Top Colleges in India
- Top 100 Engineering Colleges in India