JIPMER PG Entrance Exam 2018 – eligibility, application,dates
JIPMER PG 2018 Entrance Exam for MD/MS Courses July 2018 Session
JIPMER PG Entrance Exam 2018 Notification for MD/MS Admission - Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Chandigarh invites applications from eligible candidates for JIPMER PG Medical Entrance Exam 2018 for admission to M.D. /M.S. Courses for the academic session starting from July 2018
Interested candidates can check all the details of JIPMER PG Medical Entrance Exam 2018 like application form, eligibility criteria, counselling procedure etc from this page give below.
Check out - PG Medical Entrance Exam Question Bank CD for Practice - Buy Now !
About JIPMER (Puducherry)
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry under Government of India since the year 1956, is one of the leading Medical Institutions of India.
- Admission to all Professional Courses at JIPMER is through an Entrance Exam conducted by JIPMER at various Centers in India
Duration of the Course
- Duration of the MD/MS course is Three (3) years i.e. 36 months from the date of admission
Distribution of Seats
- M.D. / M.S. Courses are offered in the following disciplines and the distribution of seats discipline wise is as under:
- M.D. Courses - Anaesthesiology; Anatomy; Biochemistry; Community Medicine; Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology; Emergency Medicine; Forensic Medicine; General Medicine; Immunohematology & Blood Transfusion; Microbiology; Nuclear Medicine; Pathology; Pediatrics; Pharmacology; Physiology; Psychiatry; Pulmonary Medicine; Radiodiagnosis and; Radiotherapy
- M.S. Courses - General Surgery; Obstetrics & Gynaecology; Ophthalmology; Orthopedic Surgery; Otorhinolaryngology
Total Seats (M.D./M.S.) Courses
- Total for all Indian Nationals including OCI - 90 Seats
- Sponsored /States - 05 Seats
- Foreign Nationals - 05 Seats
Also See : MedicalEntranceExam
Eligibility Criteria for JIPMER 2018
- Indian Nationals (IN): Applicant must be an Indian National or Overseas Citizens of India (OCI)
- Non-Resident Indians (FN): Non-Resident Indians candidates are required to route their application through the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India, New Delhi. All Non-Resident Indians will have to take prior permission from the Medical Council of India before applying for postgraduate Courses in the Institute. An advance copy of the application and copy of request to MCI must be submitted at JIPMER, Puducherry before the last date of receipt of applications.
- Educational Qualification
- Candidates must possess MBBS or an equivalent Degree recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- Internship: A candidate must have completed the required period of 12 months compulsory rotating internship/Practical training on or before 30th June 2018 [*Candidates not completing the internship on or before 30th June 2018 need not apply for July 2018 session. No condonation of Compulsory Rotating Internship beyond this date shall be accepted]
- Minimum Qualifying Marks: (i) For all other categories including OBC Category 55% marks in aggregate; (ii) For candidates belonging to the SC/ST Categories 50% marks in aggregate (iii) For OPH candidates the minimum aggregate as provided in (i) and (ii) for the category to which the candidate belongs shall apply.
JIPMER 2018 Entrance Exam Details
- Entrance Examination will be conducted through a Computer Based Test (CBT) [Online] only
- The Exam shall be conducted in ENGLISH medium only. The Exam shall be held on13th May 2018 (Sunday) from 03.00 PM to 06.00 PM
- Duration of the Exam shall be 3 hours (Three hours); the Online (CBT) Entrance Examination will be conducted in one shift.
- Therefore all candidates will be required to appear at CBT Online Entrance Examination, which will be conducted on Sunday, 13th May 2018. The venue, time and shift of the examination will be communicated to the candidates in the Admit Card
- The Entrance Exam is Common to all and consists of 250 single best response type MCQs having four alternatives and the questions will be asked from the following subjects, and the distribution of no. of question is as detailed below:
Subjects/No. of Questions:
- Basic Clinical Sciences [(Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology and Forensic Medicine & Toxicology)] - 100 Questions
- Clinical Sciences [(Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Community Medicine, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, ENT, Anesthesiology, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Radio diagnosis, Radiotherapy, Emergency Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine and Blood Transfusion Medicine)] - 150 Questions
- Candidates are advised to go through the Mock Test for Computer-based Test (online Exam). Link for mock test is available on JIPMER’s Website JIPMER MD/MS Entrance Exam July 2018 link
- The following 11 cities are tentatively proposed in India as the examination centres: Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Chandigarh, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi, Puducherry, Trivandrum and Vijayawada
- Applicant can opt only for three exam cities
- The allotment of Exam City would be as per the order of preference clicked by applicant during on-line registration on a FIRST-CUM-FIRST served basis
- Hall Tickets for the Entrance Examination shall be available for download to candidates whose applications are complete in all respects, from 30th April 2018 (Monday) 11.00 AM onwards (tentative)
- The hall ticket will contain: (1) Name and date of birth as typed by the candidate in the application; (2) Photo & Signature image as uploaded by the candidate; (3) Examination city allotted and roll number
- NO change in the category/age/name/DOB (Date of Birth) will be entertained after submission of application
- Candidates seeking admission to entrance examination is required to apply online. Log on to link in the Home page www.jipmer.edu.in and navigate to the link "Apply online MD/MS admission - July 2018"
- Read the prospectus and instruction carefully; the candidate should acquaint himself/herself with all requirements with regard to filling up the application online
- Read the prospectus and instruction carefully.
- Application fees for each category as mentioned below to be paid by the candidate using any one of the following mode of payment. No other mode of payment will be accepted
- General (UR) / OCI/SPONSORED Rs.1600 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- OBC Rs.1600 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- SC/ST Rs.1200 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- Foreign National - Rs.3000 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- OPH - Exempted from Application Fees
Mode of Payment:
- Only through Net-Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card Payment through computer generated Challan Form in any branch of State Bank of India
- The candidate is advised to read the prospectus and instructions before starting online registration
- For any query or clarification sought for this admission and Entrance Examination, the replies will be provided only from the, help lines and the emails mentioned below:
- Help (Toll Free): 8002660669, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Enquiry (Academic Section): Please visit www.jipmer.edu.in regularly for notification/announcement etc regarding this exam
Online Registration from 28th February 2018
Online Registration closes on 02nd April 2018 (Monday) 5.00 PM
Download of Hall Ticket from JIPMER Web: 30th April 2018 to 13th May 2018
Date of Entrance Exam (Single Shift-Online Mode Only): 13th May 2018 (Sunday 03.00 PM/06.00 PM}
Expected date of publication of Merit List on or before 25th May 2018
First Counselling (Tentative): 13th June 2018
Second Counselling (Tentative): 04th July 2018
Third Counselling (Tentative): 31st July 2018
Final Counselling (Tentative): 29th August 2018
Admission formalities (Medical Board & submission of the receipt for payment of fees etc): 29th June 2018
Issue of Admission Letter & Letter for Hostel accommodation: 30th June 2018
Commencement of Course: 02nd July 2018
Close of Admissions for MD/MS July 2018 Session 31st August 2018
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research
Help (Toll Free): 8002660669, Email: email@example.com; Enquiry (Academic Section), Website www.jipmer.edu.in
For any query, candidates are requested to check the official website .
Click here or more Medical Entrance Exams.