IISER BS MS Dual Degree Admission 2020, Application, Dates
Indian Institutes of Sciences Education and Research announces BS-MS Dual Degree Program 2020
IISER BS MS Dual Degree Admission 2020 Notification - Indian Institutes of Sciences Education and Research (IISER) has invited applications for admission to Dual BS-MS (Five Year Dual Degree) Program of academic year 2020 at Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram and Tirupati.
Complete details as provided below such as IISER BS MS Dual Degree Admission 2020, eligibility criteria, selection, application form and fees etc.
- The Govt. of India has established IISERs at Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram and Tirupati to integrate and promote interdisciplinary science education and research. Over the years, IISERs have been successfully attracting talented young minds
- An overarching goal of the IISERs is to enable students to shape the nation by inventing and implementing sustainable solutions for societal problems through research in sciences. This is being achieved by our faculty of international repute together with bright students
- In a short span of time IISERs have generated an incredible amount of intellectual property in the form of publications and patents.
- Highly competent and motivated faculty with passion for teaching and pursuing research in frontier areas of science
- Integrated undergraduate teaching and cutting edge research.
- Exposure and access to world-class research facilities right from the start of the program.
- Research internships and a year long research project leading to a MS thesis with opportunities for interdisciplinary research.
BS-MS Dual Degree Program
- Five year dual degree program for highly motivated science students.
- Classroom learning integrated with research providing ample scope for interdisciplinary interactions.
- Curriculum with a focus on both breadth and depth in sciences; engineering sciences and economics
- Opportunity to pursue impactful research
- Fully residential program with well-equipped hostels
- Access to on-campus medical, sports and other recreational facilities
- Four year BS program in Engineering Sciences and Economics only at IISER Bhopal
Important Dates for IISER BS MS Dual Degree Admission 2020
- Following are tentative dates for various activities in the admission process. This page will be updated periodically during the admission process.
- Application Portal Opens at 11 AM - 24th April 2020
- Application Process will conclude on 30th April 2020 at 05.00 pm
- Last Date of Uploading XII Marks and Category Certificate 22nd May 2020
- IISER Aptitude Test 9.00 AM to 12.00 Noon - 31st May 2020 (Sunday)
- Release of answer key 01st June 2020
- Response Sheet and Representation starts at 9AM - 02nd June 2020
- Response Sheet and Representation Ends at 05 PM 04th June 2020
- Revised Answer key released at 05 PM if there is any change 08th June 2020
- First round of seat allotment SAF begins with float/freeze 22nd June 2020
- First round SAF closes at 5PM 26th June 2020
- Second round of seat allotment SAF begins with float/freeze 27th July 2020
- Second round SAF closes at 05.00 PM 01st July 2020
- Third round of seat allotment SAF begins with float/freeze 02nd July 2020
- Third round SAF closes at 05.00 PM 06th July 2020
- Fourth round of seat allotment SAF begins with float/freeze 08th July 2020
- Fourth round SAF closes at 05.00 PM 12th July 2020
- Withdrawal of SAF closes at 05.00 PM 14th July 2020
- Fifth and Final round of seat allotment SAF begins with freeze only 15th July 2020
- Fifth round SAF closes at 05.00 PM; Channel Counselling Closed 29th July 2020
- Reporting at allotted IISER for registration 29th July 2020
- Tentative date of commencement of classes 03rd August 2020
- SCB: Application portal goes live at 11 AM): 23rd March 2020
- KVPY (Application portal opens at 11 AM): 24th April 2020
- JEE Application portal opens at 11 AM: 01st June 2020
Eligibility Criteria for IISER BS MS Dual Degree Admission 2020
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 or equivalent level exam with science stream in 2019 or 2020 are eligible to apply for admissions. Candidates will be admitted to IISER only through following three channels.
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel
- Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Advanced) of the Indian Institutes of Technology
- State and Central Boards Channel (SCB)
- These channels will be referred to as KVPY, JEE, and SCB, respectively.
- Indian nationals and students belonging to PIO or OCI category are eligible to apply provided they satisfy the eligibility criteria described below.
- Candidates having a valid KVPY fellowship commencing from 2020-21 academic session are eligible to apply for admissions. Additional cut-off criteria for marks obtained in 10+2 board examination is also applicable.
- Candidates in General category securing a rank within 10000 in the Common Rank List (CRL) of JEE Advanced 2020 are eligible to apply. For candidates belonging to the reserved category (OBC-NC, SC, ST, PD), their category rank should be within 10000. Additional cut-off criteria for marks obtained in 10+2 board examination is also applicable.
- Students who have passed 10+2 level with science stream in 2019 or 2020 are eligible to apply for admissions and appear for IAT 2020.
- However, they will be considered for admissions to the degree programmes only if they obtain the cut-off marks specified for their board.
- Students applying through SCB channel will have to appear in the IISER Aptitude Test (IAT) which will be conducted at various centres across the country.
Performance Criteria in Class XII (or Equivalent) Board Exam for IISER Admission 2020
- The candidate must have marks within the category-wise cut-off as shown in the table above for their respective Class XII (or equivalent) Board exam for being eligible to get admission to IISERs. Additionally, for admission to engineering programmes through JEE advanced channel, candidates who have secured 75% marks (GEN/EWS/OBC-NCL) or 65% marks (SC/ST/PwD) in their Class XII (or equivalent) exams are also eligible.
- For candidates who appeared in the Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination for the first time in 2019 and reappeared in any subject (for whatsoever reason) in 2020, the better of two performances will be considered.
- If a Board gives aggregate marks considering both Class XI and Class XII examinations (in the 10+2 system), then only Class XII marks will be considered. If a Board gives aggregate marks considering the results of all three years of a 3-year diploma or courses of equivalent duration, then only the marks scored in the final year will be considered. Similarly, for boards which follow a semester system, the marks scored in the final two semesters will be considered.
- In case any of the subjects Mathematics or Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and Language are not evaluated in the final year (e.g., in a 3-year diploma course), then the marks for the same subject from the previous year(s) will be used for calculating the percentage of aggregate marks.
Methodology to calculate Marks (out of 500) in Class XII (or Equivalent) Board Exam
- In subjects (such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology) where marks are awarded for theory exam and the practical exam separately, mean of scores of theory exam and the practical exam should be taken. Then, if marks awarded in a subject (in class XII or equivalent) are NOT out of 100, then the marks should be linearly scaled (up or down) to 100. Then, the following five subjects will be considered for calculating the cut-off marks for fulfilling the eligibility criterion so that the total aggregate marks are out of 500:
- Biology or Mathematics
- One language (if the candidate has taken more than one language course, then the language course with the highest marks will be considered)
- Any subject other than the ones used in the above four (the subject with highest marks will be considered)
- IISERs follow government of India rules regarding reservation for sea allocation in central institute of higher studies
- Students admitted through the KVPY channel will be eligible for scholarships as per KVPY norms.
- Students admitted through IIT-JEE Advanced and SCB channels will be eligible for a limited number of INSPIRE fellowships as per the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, norms.
IISER BS MS Dual Degree Admission 2020 Application Process
- Interested candidates can apply at www.iiseradmission.in from 24th April 2019
- After checking the IISER 2020 Eligibility Criteria, the students have to next fill the IISER 2020 Application Form. It is the most important step which the aspirants need to complete if they wish to appear for this examination. They need to fill the form, whether they are planning to go for any of the methods: KVPY Method, JEE Advanced Method or through SCB Method.
- The first step is the registration process for the exam. For this stage, it is required that the students have a valid and working E-Mail Id and phone number. It is because all the communications regarding the exam will be sent through both of these methods
- At this stage, they will have to enter the details as asked in the form like name, phone number, E-Mail Id etc and other such details. After it, the students will get the login details so as to fill the rest of the IISER 2020 Application Form.
- In the next step, the candidate has to login to the portal to complete the IISER 2020 Application Form. Different details might be there for all the categories. Candidates have to fill the details correctly
- Also, they will need to upload some documents as well. It should be ensured that the all the details are filled and the documents uploaded and saved simultaneously as well.
- After doing so, they will be redirected to the payment window. Here the student needs to pay the mentioned application fee through the credit/debit/net banking methods. It should be known that without paying the application fee, the student shall not be allowed to appear for the exam
- Also, they need to take a printout of the application form. It has to be submitted at the time of admission process.
- Applicants of IISER 2020 must note that they have to pay an application fee as well at the time of filling the application form. Without paying the application fee, the application of the students shall be treated as invalid and hence the student shall not be allowed to appear for the IISER 2020 Exam
- As per the previous year data, the IISER 2020 Application fee can be as follows for different categories:
- General and OBC NC categories: Rs 2000
- Kashmiri Migrants, physically handicapped candidates, and candidates under SC/ST category- Rs 1000
- The payment has to be made through the secure payment gateway such as Credit and Debit Card, Net Banking and UPI