IGNOU Master of Education (M.Ed.) Program 2021
IGNOU M.Ed Program 2021 - Indira Gandhi National Open University is popularly known as IGNOU is one of the largest Universities in the world. IGNOU offers various courses in diplomas, undergraduate, postgraduate diplomas and postgraduate through distance learning streams for its aspirants.
On this page you can find information on Master of Education (M.Ed.) Program of IGNOU
IGNOU M.Ed Program
- The M.Ed. Program designed and development jointly by DEC, IGNOU and NCTE is an innovative program utilizing self-instructional materials and information technology along with interactive personal contact programs
- M.Ed. is a professional program and, therefore, it focuses on comprehensive and integrated professional development of teachers and other personnel engaged in educational management and administration.
- The M.Ed. Program of IGNOU is recognized by the NCTE vide their Letter and is offered in NCTE recognized teacher education institutions in the country
Objectives of the Program
To achieve this comprehensive goal/objective, the program seeks to:
- develop specialized knowledge and understanding about the philosophical and sociological bases of education;
- develop ability to understand human behaviour and personality, and capability to apply this knowledge and understanding to guide the learners to learn efficiently and effectively;
- develop national and international perspective about educational theory and practice to enable the learners to visualize the inter-linkages and dependency among different educational systems;
- develop a working knowledge of ICTs and their application in formal and non-formal systems of education and for teacher empowerment;
- develop knowledge and understanding of management, planning and financing of education; as also develop managerial and administrative capabilities and skills to effectively manage educational institutions;
- develop knowledge and understanding of the process of educational research and aptitude for and skill in conducting research in specialized areas of education and thus generate knowledge or critically evaluate existing knowledge; and
- generate awareness and understanding of some specialized areas of education and human development like special needs education, curriculum development, environmental education, vocational education, teacher education, elementary education, measurement and evaluation, value education and human responsibility so as to widen the horizon of understanding of modern educational practices and to develop critical thinking pertaining to issues related to education.
The Program is offered to:
- In-service graduate/postgraduate teachers with B.Ed. degree working in primary, secondary or senior secondary schools/colleges/equivalent academic positions in DIETs, SCERTs, or similar educational institutions.
- Headmasters/Principals and educational administrators/functionaries with B.Ed. degree.
Duration of the M.Ed. Program:
- Minimum period to complete the program: 2 years
- Maximum period to complete the program: 4 years
Medium of Instruction: English.
Eligibility Criteria for IGNOU M.Ed. Program
- The candidates seeking admission to M.Ed. Program must ensure secure a minimum 50% marks in total.
- Two years teaching/professional experience after completion of B.Ed program in a Government/Government recognized school/NCTE recognized teacher education/ research institution in education.
- The age criteria that the candidates need to meet for applying for M.Ed Program is a minimum of 21 years as of the examination year
- The reservation for SC/ST/OBC and other categories shall be as per the rules of the Central Government/ State Government, whichever is applicable. There shall be relaxation of 5% marks in favour of SC/ST/OBC and other categories of candidates.
- IGNOU M.Ed. Program admissions are made strictly on the basis of entrance test conducted at all India level.
M.Ed Program Course Details
The theory courses and dissertation will be offered in the first year and the second year as given below:
- MES-051: Education: Philosophical and Sociological Perspectives (6 Credits)
- MES-052: Psychology of Learning and Teaching *6 Credits)
- MES-053: Educational Management, Planning and Finance (6 Credits)
- MES-054: Methodology of Educational Research (6 Credits)
Optional: Any one course out of the following:
- MESE-057: Measurement and Evaluation in Education (6 Credits)
- MESE-058: Educational and Vocational Guidance and Counselling (6 Credits)
- MESE-059: Teacher Education in India : Growth and Development (6 Credits)
- MES-055: Comparative Education: National and International Perspectives (6 Credits)
- MES-056: Educational Technology (6 Credits)
Optional: Any one of the following courses:
- MESE-060: Curriculum Development and Transaction (6 Credits)
- MESE-061: Open and Distance Learning Systems (6 Credits)
- MESE-062: Vocational Education (6 Credits)
- MESE-064: Special Needs Education (6 Credits)
- MESE-066: Information Technology and Education (6 Credits)
- MESE-067: Elementary Education. (6 Credits)
- MESP-068: Dissertation (Compulsory) (12 Credits).
The University follows the multimedia approach in instruction, which comprises:
- Self-instructional printed course material
- Assignments for assessment and feedback
- Audio-video programs
- Counselling sessions, face-to-face interaction at the Program Centre/Study Centre.
- Dissertation/Field Projects
- Broadcast/Gyan Vani
- Gyan Darshan
- Interactive Radio Counselling (IRC)
- Teleconference with two-way audio and one-way video
- Induction Program
Note: As per NCTE Communication, 2014, M.Ed. program ( in ODL) is not on offer by IGNOU at present
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) - Block 15-C, New Academic Building, Room No.: 11, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068, Phone No.: +91-011-29533549, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.ignou.ac.in
- IGNOU Diploma in Modern Office Practice Admission
- IGNOU Assignments - Submission, Status, Grades
- IGNOU Exam Form - Online Submission Process
- IGNOU Registration Process for Online Admission
- IGNOU Courses - List of IGNOU Online, Distance Learning Courses
- IGNOU Certificate Programs - Course Fee, Duration, Eligibility
- IGNOU Diploma Courses - Course Fee, Duration, Eligibility
- IGNOU MPhil Programs - Course Fee, Duration, Eligibility
- IGNOU MA MCA M.Com Admission - IGNOU Master’s Degree Courses
- Phd Admission Notification - PhD Entrance Exams
- IGNOU PhD Admission Notification
- IGNOU Courses
- MPhil Admissions
- IGNOU Admission
- IGNOU PhD Programs
- List of Entrance Exams conducted by IGNOU
- IGNOU Bachelor's Degree Admissions - Application, dates
- IGNOU MA Admission Fees - IGNOU Fees for Master degree Programs