NTA invites application for Young Achievers Scholarship Award Scheme for Vibrant India
National Testing Agency (NTA) has invited applications from school students for the PM Young Achievers Scholarship Award Scheme for Vibrant India (YASASVI) Entrance Test, 2022.
YASASVI is a scholarship scheme established by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment for Other Backward Class (OBC), Economically Backward Class (EBC) and De-Notified, Nomadic & Semi Nomadic Tribes (DNT/SNT) category candidates studying in Class 9 or Class 11 in identified Schools across India, whose parent/guardian’s annual income does not exceed ₹2.5 lakh.
Scholarship under the scheme will be available for studies in India only and will be awarded by the Govt. of the State/Union Territory to which the applicant belongs, i.e, where he/she is domiciled.
The award of scholarships is at two levels:
- For students who are studying in Class IX
- For students who are studying in Class XI
Selection of candidates for award of Scholarships under the Scheme is through a written test known as YASASVI ENTRANCE TEST (YET) 2022
Application process for the same started on July 27, 2022. Candidates can visit the official website: yet.nta.ac.in to submit their application forms. The last date to submit the application forms is August 26, up to 11:50 pm. The Application correction window will be active from August 27 to 3, 2022. The Admit Card for the same will be released on September 5, 2022.
The eligibility requirements for appearing in the exam are as follows:
- Applicants should be Indian Nationals
- They should be belonging to the OBC or EBC or DNT category.
- They should be studying in identified Top Class Schools.
- They should have passed Class 8 or Class 10 ( as the case may be) in 2021-22
- The annual income of the parents/guardian from all sources should not be more than Rs. 2.5 lacs
- Candidates applying for Class 9 Exam should have been born between 01-04-2006 to 31-03-2010 (both days inclusive).
- Candidates applying for Class 11 Exam should have been born between 01-04-2004 to 31-03-2008 (both days inclusive).
- Both boys and girls are eligible to apply. Eligibility requirements for girls are the same as for boys.
Schedule of Examination
- Date of Examination: 11.09.2022 (Sunday)
- Timing of Examination: 02.00 PM to 05.00 PM
- Mode of Examination: CBT
- Duration of Examination: 3 hours
- Type of Exam: The Exam will be of Objective type with Multiple Choice Questions.
- Medium of Question Paper: The question paper will be Bilingual (Hindi and English)
Syllabus of Examination
- NCERT Syllabus of Class 8th for admission in class 9th and NCERT Syllabus of Class 10th for admission in class 11th.