NTA invites application for Young Achievers Scholarship Award Scheme for Vibrant India for OBCs and others
National Testing Agency (NTA) has invited applications from school students for the PM Young Achievers Scholarship Award Scheme for Vibrant India for OBCs and Others (PM YASASVI) Entrance Test, 2023.
YASASVI is a scholarship scheme established by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment for Other Backward Class (OBC), Economically Backward Class (EBC) and De-Notified, Nomadic & Semi Nomadic Tribes (DNT/SNT) category candidates studying in Class 9 or Class 11 in identified Schools across India, whose parent/guardian’s annual income does not exceed ₹2.5 lakh.
Scholarship under the scheme will be available for studies in India only and will be awarded by the Govt. of the State/Union Territory to which the applicant belongs, i.e, where he/she is domiciled.
The award of scholarships is at two levels:
- For students who are studying in Class IX
- For students who are studying in Class XI
Selection of candidates for award of Scholarships under the Scheme is through a written test known as YASASVI ENTRANCE TEST (YET) 2023
Application process for the same started on July 11, 2023. Candidates can visit the official website: yet.nta.ac.in to submit their application forms. The last date to submit the application forms is August 17, 2023 up to 11.50pm. The application correction window will be active from August 18 to 22, 2023. The Admit Card to be announced later through NTA website.
The eligibility requirements for appearing in the exam are as follows:
- Applicants should be Indian Nationals
- They should be belonging to OBC or EBC or DNT category.
- They should be studying in identified Top Class Schools. The list of such Schools is hosted on the website https://yet.nta.ac.in
- They should have passed Class 8 or Class 10 (as the case may be) in 2022-23.
- The annual income of the parents/guardian from all sources should not be more than Rs. 2.5 lacs.
- Candidate applying for Class 9 Exam should have been born between 01.04.2007 to 31.03.2011 (both days inclusive).
- Candidate applying for Class 11 Exam should have been born between 01.04.2005 to 31.03.2009 (both days inclusive).
- Both boys and girls are eligible to apply. Eligibility requirements for girls are the same as for boys.
Schedule of Examination
- Date of Examination: 29th September, 2023 (Friday)
- Timing of Examination: As indicated on the Admit Card
- Mode of Exam : Paper Pen Mode (OMR)
- Pattern of the Test : Objective Type comprising 100 Multiple Choice Questions(MCQs)
- Duration of Examination : 2½ hours (150 minutes)
- Medium of Question Paper: The question paper will be Bilingual (Hindi and English)
- Subject/Domain : Mathematics (30 questions), Science (25 questions), Social Science (25 questions), General Awareness/ Knowledge (20 questions)
Syllabus of Examination
- NCERT Syllabus of Class 8th for admission in class 9th
- NCERT Syllabus of Class 10th for admission in class 11th