Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2022 for full-time Master’s study in the United Kingdom
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships – Commonwealth Scholarship is a Fully Funded Scholarship to Study in the UK. You are eligible to apply for a Full-time Master Degree. There is No Application Fee, as they don’t charge any Application Fee. Commonwealth Shared Scholarship is a UK Government Funded Scholarship Program in partnership with selected UK universities.
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships Dates 2022
- Application Deadline : 20th December 2021
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships Eligibility Criteria 2022
- To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2022
- By September 2022, hold a first degree of at least upper second-class (2:1) honours standard, or a lower second-class degree (2:2) and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree).
- Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a high-income country
- Be unable to afford to study at a UK university without this scholarship
- Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format
- The CSC aims to identify talented individuals who have the potential to make change. We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination and encourage applications from a diverse range of candidates. For further information on the support available to candidates with a disability, see the CSC disability support statement.
- The CSC is committed to administering and managing its scholarships and fellowships in a fair and transparent manner. For further information, see the CSC anti-fraud policy and the guidance on reporting fraud.
- The CSC is committed proactively to safeguard and promote the welfare of our beneficiaries, and to protect its staff, Commissioners, beneficiaries and all those with whom the CSC comes into contact. The CSC requires staff, members of the Commission, applicants for and recipients of CSC awards and suppliers to act consistently with its requirements for safeguarding. Applicants should note the CSC’s Safeguarding Policy which sets out the obligation for staff, members of the Commission, applicants for and recipients of CSC awards and suppliers to act consistently with its requirements for safeguarding. Any safeguarding concerns should be reported to the Commission at: email@example.com
- Please note that only candidates from the 23 eligible countries listed below can apply for Commonwealth Shared Scholarships in 2022.
- The Gambia
- Papua New Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2022 Application Process 2021
- Applications for Commonwealth Shared Scholarships for the academic year 2022/2023 are now open (https://cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk/scholarships/commonwealth-shared-scholarships-2022/).
- Applications will close at 16:00 (GMT) on 20 December 2021.
- You are advised to complete and submit your application as soon as possible, as the online application system will be very busy in the days leading up to the application deadline.
- Each participating UK University will conduct its own recruitment process to select a specified number of candidates to be awarded Commonwealth Shared Scholarships. Universities must put forward their selected candidates to the CSC in March 2022. The CSC will then confirm that these candidates meet the eligibility criteria for this scheme. Universities will inform candidates of their results by July 2022.
- Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:
- Academic merit of the candidate
- Quality of the plan of study
- Potential impact on the development of the candidate’s home country
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are jointly funded by the CSC and participating UK universities.
- Approved Round Airfare Tickets from your own home united states to the United Kingdom and go back on the quit of your award.
- Approved Full Tuition Fees.
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,133 per month, or £1,390 per month for those at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2021-2022 levels) – paid and funded by the university
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable – paid and funded by the university
- Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a thesis or dissertation, where applicable – claimed from and paid by the university; funded by the CSC
- Study travel grant towards the cost of study-related travel within the UK or overseas – claimed from and paid by the university; funded by the CSC
- Reimbursement of the cost of a mandatory tuberculosis (TB) test, where required for a visa application (receipts must be supplied) – claimed from and paid by the university; funded by the CSC
For more details and apply, please visit the official website