TATA Steel Millennium Scholarship 2019-20
TATA Steel Millennium Scholarship 2019 – TATA Steel has released the notification for Millennium Scholarship 2019-20 on the official site. Interested candidates can apply online for the Scholarship on or before 09th January 2020
Applications are invited from Sons/Daughters/Spouse of Workers, Supervisors and Officers of the Company for the Tata Steel Millennium Scholarships subject to their being eligible as indicated below.
a) Sons/Daughters/Spouse of all existing workers, supervisors and officers of the Company
b) Sons/Daughters/Spouse of superannuated workers, supervisors and officers of the Company including those separated under ESS/MSS/EFBS/FBS
c) Sons/Daughters/Spouse of workers, supervisors and officers of Tata Steel who were transferred on the rolls of JUSCO.
d) Aforementioned candidates who have secured admission in the full time and regular courses as detailed below in the academic year 2018-19 are eligible to apply. Postal/Correspondence courses will not be considered.
e) 10% seats are reserved for SC/ST students in each category of the Scholarship scheme
f) 60 seats are reserved for wards where employee has availed current Sunhere Bhavishya Ki Yojana (SBKY) – 2.0 (20 seats in category-A & 40 seats in category-B).
g) Preference will be given to the physically challenged wards of employees
h) Last date for submitting applications complete in all respect form for each category is 09th January 2020
Types of Scholarships
- Scholarships under this category are awarded to candidates who have secured admission through Joint Entrance Exam for B.Tech/Degree in Engineering/M Tech. from the institutions as specified in Annexure-I, will be entitled for a scholarship of Rs. 50,000/- (Rupees fifty thousand only) per annum. This will include students studying MBBS (4.5 yrs.) in the colleges as mentioned in Annexure I. No Internship payment will be given to candidates studying MBBS Course.
- The number of scholarships under category A is limited to a maximum of 120 (80 seats for wards of workers and supervisors general candidates, 20 seats for wards of officers general candidates and 20 seats for wards where employee has availed Sunhere Bhavishya Ki Yojana (SBKY) – 2.0
- No postal course will be considered for scholarship
- Scholarships under this category are awarded to candidates who have secured admission in any of the professional courses in Institutions mentioned below:
- Total Number of Scholarship = 240 (130 for Boys & Girls, 30 for Girls only, 40 for wards of officers and 40 seats for wards where employee has availed Sunhere Bhavishya Ki Yojana (SBKY) – 2.0) under category-B.
- Scholarship amount Rs.24000/- per annum
See: National Scholarship
i) Integrated degree courses in Medicine or Engineering (any branch), including extension centers of BITS Pilani and BIT-Mesra.
ii) Post graduate studies in Engineering, Medicine, Computer Sciences, Business Management, Personnel Management, Agriculture Science, Bio-Technology, Bio- Chemistry, Information Technology, B.Sc. Hospitality & Hotel Management.
iii) Diploma course in any branch of Engineering,
iv) Degree or full time diploma courses in Hotel Management & Catering and Fashion Technology.
v) Five year Degree Course in Law, Five years integrated course in Law
vi) Degree course in Journalism
Admission for the above disciplines should be secured at only those colleges/institutions that meet the following criteria:
i) Are affiliated to a recognized University.
ii) Are autonomous Institutions or deemed Universities with official recognition from bodies such as AICTE and which have an all-India competitive selection procedure.
iii) For studies in Hotel Management & Catering and Fashion Technology, campus of National College of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHM & CT) or institutions of Catering Management set up by the Taj Group, the Oberoi Group, ITC Welcome Group and ITDC Group of Hotels would be considered.
Award for Students of R D TATA Technical Institute
- Five top overall rank holders of RD Tata Technical Institute, from each of the four disciplines will be awarded Rs. 10,000/- (Rs. Ten Thousand only) on a one time basis payment as per their Final year annual examination result. List of such meritorious students will be procured from the Institute directly.
- No application from individual is required under this category
See: OBC Scholarship
General Conditions for Scholarship
i) All applications will be placed before the Committee and the decision of the Committee will be final and binding on the applicants and employees / ex-employees
ii) Candidates getting aid/scholarship from any other college/institution will not be considered for Millennium Scholarship. In case the candidate starts getting any aid/scholarship from any college/institution after getting the Millennium Scholarship, then he/she would have to forgo either the Millennium Scholarship or the other aid/scholarship. The candidate will have to inform the Committee and he cannot get simultaneously another aid/scholarship in addition to Millennium Scholarship.
iii) A minimum 60% mark is required under General Category and 50% marks for SC/ST students in their last qualifying examination for being eligible to be considered for the Scholarship.
iv) Those getting admission to specified colleges/Institutions on the basis of an All India competitive selection procedure only will be eligible. A self-attested photocopy of Admit Card is to be attached along with the application form for verification of appearing in the all India competitive selection process
v) A maximum of 2 (two) scholarships will be awarded to the wards of the employee /ex employee under this scholarship. Any false/wrong declaration in this regard by an employee will lead to appropriate disciplinary action.
vi) Annual payments of the scholarship amounts to the concerned students in the subsequent years will only be made when he/she submits an attested photocopy of passed mark sheet from the Registrar/Principal/Dean of the College, Gazetted Officer, Notary or self-attested confirming the successful completion by the student of the preceding year of the academic course along with renewal form duly certificate every time by the Departmental Head
TATA Steel Millennium Scholarship 2019-20 Application Procedure
- Step 1: Go to www.careers.tatasteelindia.com then click on Direct Job Application or
- Go to Tata Steel internet homepage http://188.8.131.52 then click on General Service and then recruitment
- Step 2: Take a printout of the duly completed online application, entered successfully and submit the same along with copy of all required documents on any working day during officers hours in the office of Employment Bureau personally by hand or through courier on or before 09th January 2020
List of documents to be submitted along with the application
- Xerox copy of the original mark sheet of the last qualifying Examination
- One passport size photograph to be axed in Part A of the form
- Photocopy of receipt of Tuition fee
- Photocopy of Service Certificate in case of ESS/Retired/MSS/EFBS/FBS
- Photocopy of Bank Pass Book of candidate
- Photocopy of Handicapped Certificate issued by government authority / photocopy of medical
TATA Steel Millennium Scholarship 2019-20 Important Dates
- Starting Date for Submission of online application 10th December 2019
- Last Date for Submission of online application 09th January 2020