Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Scholars & Artists 2020-21
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2020 for Foreign Scholars – The Swiss government, through the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS), awards the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Scholars and Artists for the Academic Year 2020-21.
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships
- Each year the Swiss Confederation awards Government Excellence Scholarships to promote international exchange and research cooperation between Switzerland and over 180 other countries
- The awarding body, the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS), selects recipients
- University research fellowships for scholars, doctorates and post-doctorates at Swiss universities, federal institutes of technology and universities of applied sciences (no scholarships for bachelor or masters studies)
- Arts scholarships for advanced-level artists at Swiss conservatories and universities of the arts (only for a limited number of countries)
- The scholarships are offered to international graduates from countries around the world, however not all of the countries are included in the scheme. Choose your country from the drop-down menu HERE and check which scholarships you are eligible to apply for
Types of Scholarship
- The research scholarship is available to post-graduate researchers in any discipline (who hold a master’s degree as a minimum) who are planning to come to Switzerland to pursue research or further studies at doctoral or post-doctoral level.
- Research scholarships are awarded for research or study at all Swiss cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences and the two federal institutes of technology. Only candidates nominated by an academic mentor at one of these higher education institutions will be considered
- Art scholarships are open to art students wishing to pursue an initial master’s degree in Switzerland.
- Applications are subject to preliminary selection by the relevant national authorities and/or the Swiss diplomatic representation. The short-listed applications are then assessed by the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS), which takes the final decision.
- The FCS is composed of professors from all Swiss public universities. Scholarship awards are decided on the basis of academic and scientific excellence.
- The application deadlines vary depending on the country you come from
- In order to apply for a scholarship, please contact the relevant application institution in your country of origin (institution cited in the factsheet, that you can find when you choose your country from the drop-down menu HERE)
- Application/Exam Deadline: 12th November 2019
- For further information, visit the official website