West Bengal Minorities Development & Finance Corporation announces Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme 2022
Swami Vivekananda Merit-cum-Means Scholarship 2022 – Applications are invited from Minority students for scholarship for the year 2022 under “Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme for Minorities” for providing financial assistance.
About the SVMCM Scholarship
- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship was started by the Govt. of West Bengal for assisting the meritorious students belonging to economically backward families in the State of West Bengal to pursue higher studies
- Through the Vivekananda Means and Merit Scholarship, the Government is giving scholarships at different levels of higher studies, at educational institutions based in West Bengal
- Application Opening : 17th August 2022
- Last Date of receiving online Application (Fresh & Renewal) : 31st October 2022
- The scheme benefits students studying in regular mode of Class XI and XII, and at undergraduate level in Science/Arts/Commerce, Engineering, Medical and Technical / Professional courses. Post Graduate level students pursuing Science/Arts/Commerce & Technical/Management. These scholarships will be sanctioned to deserving students on merit-cum-means criteria.
- Students should pass in the year 2022 with at least (a) 60% marks in aggregate in the last qualifying examination from West Bengal Board of Secondary Education/West Bengal Council for Higher Secondary Education/Madrasa Education for Higher Secondary level or Under Graduate level Scholarship (b) 60% marks in aggregate in diploma course from Institutes approved by AICTE and affiliated to WBSCT&VE&SD for Under Graduate level Scholarship (in 2nd year Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy courses through Lateral Entry) or affiliated by State Medical Faculty for Undergraduate level Scholarship (in 2nd year Pharmacy course through Lateral Entry) (c) 53% marks in aggregate in Graduation (Honours Subject) from any State University for Post Graduate Level Scholarship (General Education) /55% marks in Graduate Courses from any State University or AICTE approved Institute of West Bengal for Post Graduate Level Scholarship (Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy).
- Students pursuing M.Phil courses and Doctoral courses (NON-NET JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW and NET-LECTURESHIP) from State-aided Institutions will come under the purview of this Scholarship Scheme.
- Girls Students pursuing Post Graduate courses in Science, Arts and Commerce stream from Universities of this State after obtaining Undergraduate Degree with 45% marks in aggregate from Institutions of this State will come under the aegis of this Scholarship Scheme as Kanyashree(K3) applicants.
- Means Judging Criteria : The total family income for the prospective scholars will be not more than Rs. 2,50,000/- per annum.
- Merit Judging Criteria : Candidates whose family income is not more than Rs. 2,50,000/- per annum will be judged according to their academic merit in the under-noted manner.
- For HS – level: The minimum qualifying marks for being considered for award of scholarships will be 60% in aggregate, in Madhyamik Pariksha, and the total marks obtained in the Madhyamik Pariksha excluding pass marks in the additional subject, if any, will be the sole criterion for consideration. Candidates from outside the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education will not be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- For Diploma Courses (Polytechnic under DTE&T) – level: Students who are enrolled after passing out in Secondary (M.P) examination or its equivalent as stated above in 2022 for first year Diploma (Polytechnic) course[ H.S. Examination or its equivalent for Diploma in 3-D Animations & Graphics or Pharmacy or Modern Office Practice and Management of two years duration] and after passing out in “West Bengal State Council of Technical & Vocational Education and Skill Development “ courses, which is equivalent to H.S Examination for 2nd year Diploma(Polytechnic) courses on lateral entry basis, will be eligible to apply. Candidates must obtain at least 60% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination for applying for the scholarship [excluding the marks secured in the optional elective subject, if any].
- For UG – level: The minimum qualifying marks for being considered for award of scholarships will be 60% in aggregate, in the H.S. Examination conducted by the W.B. Council of H.S. Education/Madrasah Shiksha Parishad. For the UG (Arts), UG (Commerce), UG (Science) separate merit lists will be prepared.
- For PG – level: Candidates should be graduates securing at least 53% marks in the Honours subject at the graduation level.
- The following Scholarship amount has been finalized by the concerned authorities for the different type of courses
- Directorate of School Education (DSE) : Higher secondary – Rs. 1000 per month
- Directorate of Madrasah Education (DME) : High Madrasah – Rs. 1000 per month
- Technical education at college or university level : Undergraduate or postgraduates in Engineering or other professional courses- Rs. 5000 per month
- Directorate of Technical Education and Training : Undergraduate – Rs. 1500 per month
- Directorate of medical education : Undergraduate in Medical stream/ Diploma courses – Rs. 5000 or Rs. 1500 per month respectively
- Directorate of public instruction (DPI) : Undergraduates in Arts and commerce – Rs. 1000 per month
- Directorate of public instruction (DPI) : Undergraduates in science and other professional courses – Rs. 1500 per month
- Directorate of public instruction (DPI) : Postgraduates in Arts and commerce – Rs. 2000 per month
- Directorate of public instruction (DPI) : Postgraduates in Science and other professional courses – Rs. 2500 per month
- Directorate of public instruction (DPI) : NON-NET M.Phil/ Ph.D – 5000/- / 8000/- Respectively
Follow the below steps to apply for the Swami Vivekananda Merit-cum-Means Scholarship 2022-23.
- Step 1 : Go to the official website through the URL https://svmcm.wbhed.gov.in/ or http://wbmdfcscholarship.in/
- Step 2 : Click on “New Registration” button on the home page.
- Step 3 : Fill up all information under the “Student Information” section.
- Step 4 : Fill up the scheme eligibility column and click on the “Submit & Proceed” button.
- Step 5 : Check Your Relevant Scholarship Scheme & Process Accordingly
- Step 6 : Note Your User ID And Check Email Inbox /Mobile For Retrieving Password
- Step 7 : Login with Your User Id & Password on “Student Log-In”
- Step 8 : Change Your Password For Next Step (Mandatory)
- Step 9 : Fill Up Details Under “Basic Information” Option
- Step 10 : Fill Up details under “Academic Information “ Option
- Step 11 : Fill Up “ Bank Account Information” & Verify
- Step 12 : Verify Complete Application Under “Preview“ Option before Final Submission by Pressing “Final Submit“ Button
- Scholarships will be provided to eligible students in order of merit and subject to the budgetary allocation provided by the State Govt.
- For renewal, the applicant will be eligible for the scholarship if he/she has obtained 50% marks in his/her previous examination.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website