Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council in association with Sikh Human Development Foundation (SHDF) announces Scholarships for Professional Degree & Diploma Courses 2020
SHDFScholarships 2020 – Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council (Regd.), New Delhi in Association with Sikh Human Development Foundation, U.S.A. (SHDF) invites applications for Scholarships from regular students studying in recognized Colleges and Universities for Professional Degree/Diploma Courses.
Students who have appeared in Class X & XII Examination in March 2020 and want to pursue Diploma/Degree Courses during 2020-21 can also apply for this scholarship.
About SHDF Scholarship
● Sikh Human Development Foundation (SHDF) is an organization run by NRIs based in Washington- USA and they offer scholarships every year to marginalized but brilliant students.
● Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council (Regd.), New Delhi (Nishkam), the associate partner of SHDF has been imparting, organizing and promoting the scholarships & workshops since 2000 in India.
● The main objective of this scholarship is to support meritorious undergraduates who aspire to achieve excellence in their studies
SHDFScholarships 2020 Important Date
Last Date for Receipt of Application Form
30th September 2020
SHDF Scholarship Amount
● Under this scholarship scheme, selected students will get up to INR 30,000 per annum along with other incentives depending upon the needs, aspirations and courses to be pursued by them
Eligibility Criteria for SHDFScholarships 2020
● The applicant must have obtained at least 60% marks in the previous two examinations.
● The gross family income of the applicant must not exceed an average of Rs. 20800/- per month (i.e. Rs. 2,50,000 per year). The applicant must maintain an active email account for correspondence with Nishkam. He/she must mention a Mobile and alternative telephone number for easy communication.
For Class X and XII (10 and 10+2)
● Students who have appeared in Class X and Class XII Examination in March 2020 can also apply and take the Written Test and Interview
● Scholarship for such students will be considered only on receipt of proof of admission to a professional course in recognized Institute/College and if found eligible otherwise
SHDFScholarships 2020 Application Process
Application Form and other necessary instructions are available on the website www.nishkam.in
Fill the Application Form clearly and completely in English (BLOCK LETTERS) IN YOUR OWN HANDWRITING. Please fill in all the columns with NO DOTS or DASHES.
NO COLUMN IS TO BE LEFT BLANK. INCOMPLETE APPLICATION FORMS WILL BE SUMMARILY REJECTED and no further correspondence will be entertained.
Report from College Authorities (2 pages –already present with application form) should be signed by the HEAD OF THE COLLEGE/INSTITUTE with DATE AND COLLEGE STAMP.
Ensure that duly filled in & signed Application Form along-with required documents must reach us on or before 30th September, 2020.
Application forms received AFTER THE DUE DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Completed College Report with all Enclosures as stated above should be sent to “Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council (Regd.),Nishkam Bhawan, B-Block, Tilak Vihar, Tilak Nagar, New Delhi-110018” by speed/registered post or courier marking, “SHDF Scholarships- 2020” on the top of the envelope containing the Report and must reach Nishkam Office by 30th September, 2020 (1700 Hrs.)
College Report received after the last date will be summarily rejected.
Applicant will have to appear for a written test which will consist of two papers in Panjabi language and general knowledge
There will be an elementary test of the subject General Grammar
This paper will contain questions from religious and moral studies of a book named ‘Naitik Sikhiya’ which is published by Guru Gobind Singh Study Circle, Ludhiana. After qualifying in the written test, the selected students will have to appear for an interview, whose date, time and venue will be notified to students later on.
Students will have to score a minimum 50% marks in written test to qualify for interview round
Eligible students will be required to take a Written Test in Punjabi (based on prescribed book) and General Knowledge/English at any one of the seven Centers:
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website