Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council in association with Sikh Human Development Foundation (SHDF) announces Scholarships for Professional Degree & Diploma Courses 2023
SHDF Scholarships 2023 – Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council, New Delhi invites Applications for Scholarships (funded by Sikh Human Development Foundation, U.S.A. (SHDF) ) from regular students studying in recognized Colleges and Universities for Professional Degree/Diploma Courses.
Students who have appeared in Class X & XII Examination in March 2023, and who want to pursue Diploma/Degree Courses during 2023‐24,can also apply for this scholarship.
SHDF Scholarships 2023
- Last Date for Receipt of Application Form : 31st August 2023
SHDF Scholarship Amount
- Up to Rs. 40,000/‐ per year per student
- These scholarships are available only for pursuing professional diploma, degree or postgraduate courses in a recognized institution/University in India. The term professional course includes, (but is not limited to), engineering, architecture, information technology, computer science, medical, nursing, pharmacology, home science, education, business management, agriculture, animal husbandry. Students appearing in Class X & XII Examination (Academic year 2022-23) may apply and take part in the Written Test and Interview, but the scholarship will only be granted, upon getting admission into a professional course in a recognized Institute.
- (i) The applicant must have obtained at least 60% marks in the previous two examinations.
- (ii) The gross family income of the applicant must not exceed Rs. 3,00,000/- per annum.
- The applicant must maintain an active e-mail account for correspondence with Nishkam. He/she must mention a Mobile and alternative telephone number for easy communication
- Application Form and other necessary instructions are available on the website https://www.nishkam.org/
- Fill the Application Form clearly and completely in English (BLOCK LETTERS) in your own handwriting.
- Please fill in all the columns with NO DOTS or DASHES.
- No column is to be left blank. Incomplete application forms will be summarily rejected and no further correspondence will be entertained.
- Completed Application Form with all Enclosures should be sent to “Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council, Nishkam Bhawan, B-Block, Tilak Vihar, New Delhi-110018” by speed/registered post or courier marking, “SHDF Scholarships- 2023” on the top of the envelope containing application and must reach Nishkam Office latest by 31st August, 2023 (1700 Hrs.). Applications received after the last date will be summarily rejected.
- The written test consists of following two papers (in Punjabi language): –
- Paper I: Elementary test in Punjabi language will be from General Grammar and the students will have to prepare by self study. One question in English language (on any general topic) will also be asked.
- Paper II: Religious and Moral studies will be from a book ‘NAITIK SIKHIYA’ published by Guru Gobind Singh Study Circle, Ludhiana. The book NAITIK SIKHIYA, published by Guru Gobind Singh Study Circle is available on payment basis at book stalls at the different centres in Punjab as per list appended below. The students from New Delhi may purchase the book from Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council, B-Block, Tilak Vihar, New Delhi-110018.
- You may also download the book (free of charge) from our website www.nishkam.org
- Candidates qualifying the written test will appear for Interview, at their own expense. The date, time and venue for the interview will be notified later on.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website