Sightsavers India announces Fellowship Program 2022 for young Ophthalmologists, Apply now
Sightsavers India Fellowship Program– Sightsavers India, an international organization that has been protecting sight and fighting for disability rights has opened applications for the Sightsavers India Fellowship program 2022. This fellowship is a first-of-its-kind fellowship program, started in 2019 for young ophthalmologists. The initiative focuses on grooming bright and competent young ophthalmologists into skilled professionals.
Sightsavers is an equal opportunity organisation and candidates irrespective of their caste, creed, gender, religion and disability are encouraged to apply.
About Sightsavers India Fellowship Program
- The Sightsavers India Fellowship is an opportunity for promising and passionate young ophthalmologists to get trained at some of the leading eye health institutes in India.
- Alongside, the fellows will get a chance to apply these skills and knowledge in a real world scenario while being placed under Sightsavers India Eye Health Programme.
- The fellows will experience structured skill enhancement and mentoring processes, not just in clinical aspects but also around life skills (non-clinical). This in turn will provide fellows a chance to transform into seasoned professionals with confidence to conduct safe surgeries and live a meaningful life.
- Interaction and exposure with experienced ophthalmologists and other development sector leaders will expand their horizons and help them in acquiring abilities to accomplish their responsibilities with adequate expertise.
Salient Features of India Fellowship Program
- 24 months journey
- Four months hands-on surgical and clinical training at leading eye health institutions
- Exciting district postings
- Onsite and remote one-on-one surgical and clinical mentorship
- Life-skills guidance
- Attractive pay and residential facility
- International exposure
Sightsavers India Fellowship Program Dates 2022
- Last date of application: 30th November 2021
- Fellows will be intimated – via e-mail by December 2021
- Fellowship begins from January 2022
Sightsavers India Fellowship Program Eligibility Criteria 2022
- The individual should be a postgraduate or a diploma holder in ophthalmology (MS/DNB/DO) from any recognized institute/university in India (current year pass outs are eligible to apply), having sound knowledge on clinical ophthalmology.
Sightsavers India Fellowship Program Application Process 2022
- Follow the steps below to apply
- Step 1- Click on the https://indiafellowshipprogram.sightsaversindia.in/
- Step 2- Fill in the required details
- Step 3- Upload the supporting documents
- Step 4- Submit the application
- Application form submission
- 1st round of shortlisting
- Campus interviews/ Skype calls
- 2nd round of shortlisting
- Referee calls
- Call for final round of interview
- Panel Interview at Delhi
- Final list of selected fellows endorsed by the committee
- Formal induction and orientation of selected candidates
- The decision of Sightsavers India management will be final.
- Attractive appreciative stipend through the fellowship period:
- Initial four months training period; INR 35,000 per month.
- 1st year of field posting; INR 65,000 per month
- 2nd year of field posting; INR 75, 000 per month
- A lump-sum will be paid as one-time payment upon successful completion of year 1 and 2.
- The fellows will be covered under mediclaim, accident, term and professional indemnity insurance.
For more details and apply please visit the official website