Ministry of Minority Affairs announces Pre-Matric Scholarship 2021 for Students from Minority Communities
Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minority 2021 – National Scholarship Portal, Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India is the authority offering Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2021-21. It is meant for the students studying in Class 1st to 10th and belongs to the minority community.
About the Program
- NSP Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2021-22 is an initiative for the students of Class 1 to 10 of minority communities. The scholarship aims to encourage parents of minority communities to send their kids to school by funding the school education of their children and by supporting the efforts of educating their children.
Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minority 2021 Important Dates
- Scholarship Closing Date: 15th November 2021
- Last date for defect verification: 15th December 2021
- Last date for Institute verification: 15th December 2021
Eligibility Criteria for Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minority 2021
- To be eligible, an applicant must –
- Be studying in Class 1 to 10
- Have secured at least 50% marks in the previous final examination
- Have a family income of not more than INR 1 lakh per annum from all sources
- Belong to the minority community (Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains, and Zoroastrians/Parsis)
- The scholarships will be given in the following ways –
- Admission fee for Class 6 to 10 (Hostellers and Day Scholars): INR 500 per annum
- Tuition fee for Class 6 to 10 (Hostellers and Day Scholars): INR 350 per month
- Maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year (Day Scholars): INR 100 per month for Class 1 to 5
- Maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year (Hostellers): INR 600 per month for Class 6 to 10
- Maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year (Day Scholars): INR 100 per month for Class 6 to 10
Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minority 2021 Application Process
- The scheme is implemented through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). It is mandatory for all students to apply online on the website i.e. www.scholarships.gov.in
- Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps –
- Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link below.
- Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and ‘Continue’.
- Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
- Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
- Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
- Step 7: Now, login using OTP and fill the form.
- Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
- The candidates will be selected through following criteria –
- Fresh: Weightage will be given according to the financial need of the applicant rather than the marks obtained. In case the family income and the marks of the two applicants are the same, the result will be generated according to the ‘Date of Birth’ and preference will be given to the senior applicant.
- Renewal: The scholar will be eligible for the renewal of the scholarship if obtained 50% in the previous year’s examinations in the same course and at the same institute.
For more details and apply, please visit the official website