Ministry of Railways notifies Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF 2023
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF 2023 – The Ministry of Railways, Government of India is offering the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF 2023-24 for the wards/widows of ex-RPF/RPSF personnel.
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF
- Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) was announced by the then Hon’ble Prime Minister of India in his address to the nation from the historic Red Fort on 15th August 2005. Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme was introduced from the Academic year 2008-09 for RPF
- It was introduced to encourage higher technical and professional education for the dependent wards of Ex/Serving RPF/RPSF personnel and widows (below the Rank of Gazetted officer).
- The Ministry of Railways under Government of India is offering this scholarship.
Duration of the Scholarship
- Two to five years as per duration of course.
No. of Scholarship
- A total number of 150 students have been earmarked to RPF for an academic session
- It is also mentioned that un-allocated quota in any gender may not be utilized for other category (boys/girls)
- Application Start Date: 31st December 2023
- Scheme Closing Date Open till : Not Available
- Defective Verification Open till : Opening Soon
- Institute Verification Open till : Opening Soon
- Students who have taken regular admission in 2023-24 are only eligible for PMSS 2023-24. Students should have secured 60% and above in Minimum Entry Qualification (MEQ) i.e. 12th Std., Diploma/Graduation.
- The scholarship is admissible for only two wards per family and should be ensured by the beneficiaries as well as by the concerned zonal Railways/RPSF.
- Colleges/institutes/universities eligible: Only the institutes/universities/colleges having AISHE regulation will be permissible.
Courses Eligibility for the PMSS
- Professional Degree Courses like BE, B.Tech, BDS, MBBS, BEd, BBS, BCA, MCA B.Pharma, etc. duly recognized by the respective Government Regulatory Bodies, such as All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Medical Council of India(MCI), University Grants Commission (UGC), National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) etc. (Master Degree Courses are not eligible for PMSS except MBA, MCA). Detailed list of courses is enclosed as Annexure-I. Students studying abroad are not eligible for this scheme. No distance learning course is permitted under this scheme. PMSS can be availed for one course only.
Amount of Scholarship
- The amount of scholarship would be as follows:
- (i) Rs. 2500/- per month for male students
- (ii) Rs. 3000/- per month for female students
- The payment of scholarship will be granted after approval of the DG/RPF as per order of merit in each year.
- For this, all the eligible applicants need to apply online on the website www.scholarship.gov.in for the academic year 2023-24 and onwards.
- Final compiled list of eligible candidates will be prepared by the Security Directorate, Railway Board for onward submission to the PMO.
- Mobile number is mandatory to register on the National Scholarships Portal on which One Time Password (OTP) will be received for further process. A maximum of two registrations may be made with a mobile number. Students will ensure that the college/institute/university etc. has registered with AISHE and been allocated the AISHE Code/Regulation.
- Following documents in the respective category are mandatorily required to be submitted/ uploaded by the applicant for applying under PMSS:
- For Fresh Applicant:
- Service Certificate issued by respective offices of the serving personnel for category IV. (As per Annexure II).
- A copy of PPO/Discharge certificate/book for Categories I, II and III.
- Applicants are required to upload a scanned copy of the mark-sheet/Grade card of MEQ i.e. 10+2/ Diploma/Graduation (as the case may be).
- For Renewal Applicant:
- Latest Service Certificate issued by respective offices of the serving personnel for category IV. (As per Annexure II).
- Applicants are required to upload a scanned copy of the previous class mark-sheet/Grade card/Proof of upgrade to the next class issued by competent authority. (as the case may be).
- Detailed guidelines and documents/prescribed proforma shall be available on the website:
- National Scholarship Portal (www.scholarships.gov.in)
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website