Ministry of Minority Affairs announces Post Matric Scholarship 2023 for Students from Minority Communities to pursue Higher Education
Post-Matric Scholarship for Minority Students 2023 – Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India has been awarding Post Matric Scholarship for the students belonging to the Minority Communities pursuing higher education from Class IX upto PhD in a Government or Private higher secondary school/college/University Technical and vocational courses (other than those listed under Merit-cum-Means Scholarship scheme) in Industrial Training.
Applications are invited in a prescribed form from the eligible candidates till 31st October 2023. Read further for more details on Post-Matric Scholarship for Minority Students 2023.
About the Program
- NSP Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2023-24 is an initiative for the Class 11 to Ph.D. students of minority communities. The scholarship aims to encourage meritorious students of economically weaker sections of the minority community to pursue higher education and enhance their employability by providing financial assistance.
Post-Matric Scholarship 2023 Important Dates
- Scholarship Closing Date: 31st October 2023
- Last date for defect verification: To be announced later
- Last date for Institute verification: Opening Soon
- DNO/SNO/MNO Verification: Opening Soon
Eligibility Criteria for Post-Matric Scholarship for Minority Students 2023
- To be eligible, an applicant must –
- Be studying in Class 11,12, Graduate, Postgraduate, Technical or Vocational courses, M.Phil. or Ph.D. degree
- Have secured at least 50% marks or equivalent grades in the previous final examination
- Belong to the minority community (Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Buddhist, Jain, and Zoroastrian/Parsi)
- Have an annual family income of less than INR 2 lakh from all the sources
- Admission and tuition fee for Class 11 and 12 (Hostellers and Day Scholars): INR 7,000 per annum
- Admission and tuition fee for technical and vocational courses of classes 11 and 12 levels (Hostellers and Day Scholars): INR 10,000 per annum
- Admission and tuition fee for undergraduate and postgraduate (Hostellers and Day Scholars): INR 3,000 per annum
- Maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year for Class 11 and 12 including technical and vocational courses (Hostellers): INR 380 per month
- Maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year for Class 11 and 12 including technical and vocational courses (Day Scholars): INR 230 per month
- Maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year for courses other than technical and professional courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level (Hostellers): INR 570 per month
- Maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year for courses other than technical and professional courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level (Day Scholars): INR 300 per month
- Maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year for M.Phil and Ph.D. (Hostellers): INR 1,200 per month
- Maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year for M.Phil and Ph.D. (Day Scholars): INR 550 per month
- The scheme is implemented through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). It is mandatory for all students to apply online on the website i.e. www.scholarships.gov.in
- Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through following steps
- Step 1 : Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- Step 2 : Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and ‘Continue’.
- Step 3 : Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Post Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- Step 4 : Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
- Step 5 : Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
- Step 6 : The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
- Step 7 : Now, login using OTP and fill the form.
- Step 8 : An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
- Note : All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
- Fresh: Weightage will be given according to the financial need of the applicant rather than the marks obtained. In case the family income and the marks of the two applicants are the same, the result will be generated according to the ‘Date of Birth’ and preference will be given to the senior applicant.
- Renewal: The scholar will be eligible for the renewal of the scholarship if obtained 50% in the previous year’s examinations in the same course and at the same institute.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website