Ministry of Labour and Employment notifies Post-Matric Financial Assistance for the Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers 2022
Post-Matric Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi Cine IOMC LSDM Workers 2022 – The Ministry of Labour & Employment, Government of India is inviting applications for Financial Assistance for the Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Post-Matric 2022-23 from the students enrolled in class 11 to post-graduation at any government institute.
- Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers (Scholarship) is given to the wards of Beedi/Iron Ore Mines, Manganese Ore & Chrome Ore Mines (IOMC)/Limestone Mines, Dolomite Mines (LSDM)/Mica Mines and Cine Workers, currently varying from Rs. 1000/- to Rs.25000/- per student per annum. The benefits under the scheme are being transferred through the DBT system and the applications under this scheme are invited and processed through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – https://scholarships.gov.in .
Name of the Schemes
- Scheme for Award of Financial Assistance for Education (Scholarship) to the Children of Beedi Workers
- Scheme for Award of Financial Assistance for Education (Scholarship) to the Children of Iron Ore, Manganese Ore & Chrome Ore Mine (IOMC) Workers
- Scheme for Award of Financial Assistance for Education (Scholarship) to the Children of Limestone & Dolomite Mine (LSDM) Workers
- Scheme for Award of Financial Assistance for Education (Scholarship) to the Children of Cine Workers
- Scholarship Scheme Closing Date : 31st October 2022
- Last Date for Defective Verification : 15th November 2022
- Last Date for Institute Verification : 15th November 2022
- DNO/ SNO / MNO Verification : Open till 30th November 2022
- Either of the parents of the students should be Beedi, Iron Ore Manganese & Chrome Ore Mines, Limestone & Dolomite Mines, Cine worker with at least six months service. This also includes Contract/Gharkhata (Home Based) workers also.
- Total monthly Income of the Worker’s family from all sources should not exceed as under :
- Beedi Workers – Rs.10,000/-
- Mine Workers –
- The Mine workers doing manual, unskilled, highly skilled and clerical work are eligible for availing all facilities under different welfare schemes of Labour Welfare Organization irrespective of the wages paid to them.
- The persons employed in supervisory and managerial capacity are eligible for availing the facilities under different welfare schemes subject to the wage limit of Rs.10,000/- per month.
- Cine workers – “An amount not exceeding Rs.8,000/- per month where such amount is paid monthly or an amount not exceeding Rs.1,00,000/- where it is paid by way of lump sum or installments; as remuneration of a cine worker for the purpose of this Act.”
- The Applicant must have passed the last qualifying examination in first attempt. However, Students promoted to the next class are also eligible to apply for the above scholarships.
- The Scholars pursuing studies through Correspondence are not eligible.
- Candidates for the award of scholarships should have taken regular admission for studies at recognized institutions in India in any course of general or technical education, including medical, engineering and agricultural studies. However, the following category of students are not eligible for award of scholarships under the scheme.:-
- Students who, after passing one stage of education, are studying in the same stage of education in a different subject. e.g. B.Sc. after B.Com. or B.Com. after B.A. or M.A. in one subject after M.A. in another subject.
- Students who after having completed their educational career in one professional line, continue education in a different professional line, e.g. L.L.B. after B.T. or B.Ed.
- The Educational Institute must be a Government/Government Recognized Institute.
- Students who receive scholarship or stipend from any other source will not be granted under this Scheme.
- Quantum of Financial Assistance to be paid to Eligible Students:-
- New Scholarship rates per annum (Enhanced) w.e.f. AY 2022-23
- Eligible – Both Male / Female
- Class I to IV (for purchase of dress/books etc.) – 1000
- Class V to VIII – 1500
- Class IX – 2000
- Class X – 2000
- Class XI to XII – 3000
- ITI – 6000
- Polytechnic – 6000
- Degree Courses (including B.Sc. Agriculture) – 6000
- Professional Courses – 25000
- Note:- Students promoted to the next class are eligible to apply for the above scholarships.
- Applications will be called for through National Scholarship Portal www.scholarships.gov.in
- Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps:
- Step 1: Visit the homepage of the National Scholarship Portal and click on ‘New Registration’.
- Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and ‘Continue’.
- Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
- Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification details and click on the ‘Register’ button.
- Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
- Step 7: Now, login using OTP and fill the form.
- Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
- Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
For more details and apply, please visit website website