Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment announces PM YASASVI Central Sector Scholarship Scheme 2023 of Top Class Education in Schools for OBC/EBC/DNT Students
PM YASASVI Central Sector Scholarship Scheme 2023 For School Students – Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment invites applications for PM YASASVI Central Sector Scholarship Scheme 2023 of Top Class Education in Schools For OBC/EBC/DNT Students. The objective of the scheme is to provide premium education to the meritorious students belonging to OBC, EBC and DNT categories by funding their education from Class 9 onwards till they complete Class 12.
- The grants will be provided for tuition fee, hostel fee and other charges as required by the school, subject to a maximum of Rs. 75,000/- per annum per student of class 9 and 10 and Rs. 1,25,000/- per annum per student of class 11 and 12.
- At least 30% of these scholarships are reserved for girls.
- Scheme Closing Date Open till : 31st December 2023
- Defective Verification Open till : 15th January 2024
- Institute Verification Open till : 15th January 2024
- DNO/SNO/MNO Verification : To be announced
- Applicants must belong to either of the OBC, EBC, and DNT categories.
- The annual income of the candidate’s family should be less than Rs. 2.5 lakhs.
- The top performing schools which consistently secure 100% passes in Classes 10th and 12th would be selected by a selection committee constituted under the Chairmanship of the Joint Secretary (BC) and with representation from the Department of School Education and the NITI Ayog. These schools will be termed ‘Top Class Schools (TCSs)’ for the purpose of this scheme.
- The TCSs can be public (Central/ State/ Local Body) or aided schools or private schools.
- Students can apply for PM YASASVI Central Sector Scholarship Scheme 2023 For School (OBC/EBC/DNT) Students through National Scholarship Portal – https://scholarships.gov.in/
- The sanction of the PM YASASVI Central Sector scholarship will be done on a merit basis.
- These applications have to be verified online by the Nodal Officers of the School and confirmed by the State Government online.
- There shall be a State-wise merit list for each class for boys and girls separately prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in the final exam of the previous class, and allocation of the PM YASASVI Central Sector scholarship shall be automatically done on merit.