Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) 2023 for dependent wards of Ex Servicemen / Ex Coast Guard personnel and their widows.
PM Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) 2023 – Online applications are invited from dependent wards of Ex Servicemen / Ex Coast Guard personnel and their widows for Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) for the academic year 2023-24. Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) was introduced from the academic year 2006-07 to encourage higher technical and professional education for the dependent wards of Ex Servicemen / Ex Coast Guard personnel and their widows. A total number of 5500 wards / widows of Ex-servicemen are selected for scholarship in an academic year, Scholarships are paid for a period of one to five years as per the duration of the courses approved by the concerned regulatory bodies. Read on for more details on Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) 2023
- Last date to apply is 30th November 2023
- First Professional Degree Courses like BE, B Tech, BDS, MBBS, B Ed, BBA, BCA, B Pharma, etc. duly recognized by the respective Government Regulatory Bodies, such as All India Council for Technical Education, Medical Council of India, UGC etc.
- Master Degree Courses are not eligible for PMSS except MBA / MCA Courses.
- Students studying abroad are not eligible for this scheme. No distance learning course is permitted under PMSS. PMSS can be availed for ONE COURSE only
- A Scholarship amount of Rs.2500/- per month for Boys and Rs.3000/- per month for Girls to be paid, Scholarship amount is paid annually to the selected students
- Students who have taken admission in 1st year (except Lateral Entry & Integrated Course) are only eligible to apply for PMSS
- Students should have scored 60% and above in Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) i.e. 10+2 / Diploma / Graduation.
- Students studying in 2nd or subsequent years are not eligible (except for integrated courses – where 1st portion is academic and 2nd portion is integrated as a professional course). In such cases students need to apply for scholarship on taking admission as per ‘Para 18 of Important Instructions’ available at link PMSS – New Application – How to Apply for Scholarship.
- Students who are Dependent Wards / Widows of Ex Servicemen & Ex Coast Guard personnel
- Wards of Civilians including Para Military Personnel are NOT ELIGIBLE
- Application to be filled ONLINE by visiting KSB website www.ksb.gov.in
- Hard copy / paper applications will not be entertained. One candidate can apply for one course only. For easy understanding how to apply ONLINE, a flow chart is appended below.
- Click here Link Icon (131KB ) Checklist for Students.
- The documents required to apply are Ex-Servicemen / Ex-Coast Guard Certificate duly filled up and signed by ZSB/Coast Guard HQ as per Annexure-1, Bonafide Certificate duly filled up correctly and signed as per Annexure-2,
- Certificate from bank stating that Aadhaar Card of student linked with his / her bank account number as per Annexure-3, Matriculation Certificate for verifying the Date of Birth, Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) certificate as applicable, 1st page of Bank Pass Book, Aadhaar Card of Student, PPO/ESM Identity Card for Category 6
Priority for Grant of Scholarship
- Order of preference for selection of candidates will be as under:-
- Category 1 Wards & Widows of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel killed in action.
- Category 2 Wards of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel disabled in action and boarded out of service with disability attributable to Military / Coast Guard service.
- Category 3 Wards & Widows of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel who died while in service for causes attributable to Military / Coast Guard Service.
- Category 4 Wards of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel disabled in service with disability attributable to Military / Coast Guard Service.
- Category 5 Wards & Widows of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel in receipt of gallantry awards.
- Category 6 Wards / Widows of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel (PBOR Only).
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website