National Institute of Technology Meghalaya announces Admission to Post-Doctoral Fellowship Scheme 2022 for Spring Semester
NIT Meghalaya Post-Doctoral Fellowship – National Institute of Technology (NIT) Meghalaya invites applications to admit young researchers as Institute Post-doctoral Fellows (IPDFs) and Sponsored Post-doctoral Fellows (SPDFs) under Post-Doctoral scheme Starting in January 2022 (Spring Semester)
Interested candidates can check out more details such as the eligibility criteria, fees, application process and more for NIT Meghalaya Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2022.
NIT Meghalaya Post-Doctoral Fellowship Dates 2022
- Availability of online application form in the Institute Website : 03rd November 2021
- Last date of filling online application : 25th November 2021
- Last date for receipt of hard copy of application by post : 02nd December 2021
- Notification of Shortlisted Candidates : To be notified later
- Online Interview/Online : To be notified later
- Display of Selected Candidates : To be notified later
Post-doctoral Fellowship Scheme
- The Institute shall admit Post-doctoral fellows under two following categories:
- “Institute Post-doctoral Fellows (IPDF)” means a Post-doctoral Fellow, who is admitted to the Postdoctoral Programme of NIT Meghalaya through the procedures adopted by the Institute and avails Fellowship from the Institute fund.
- “Sponsored Post-doctoral Fellow(SPDF)”means a Post-doctoral Fellow, who is admitted to Postdoctoral Programme of NIT Meghalaya through the procedures adopted by the Institute and avails Fellowships from any recognized funding agencies like SERB,CSIR, DST etc of the Government of India.
NIT Meghalaya Post-Doctoral Fellowship Eligibility Criteria 2022
- The applicant must have obtained the Ph.D degree from a reputed Institute within the preceding two years from the last date of an application against the advertisement. In addition, the scholar should have secured first class or equivalent grades in the preceding degrees.
- Ph.D students, who have submitted their thesis, are also eligible to apply. If selected, he/ she will be offered a lower fellowship amount till the award of Ph.D degree. However, they have to submit the provisional/degree certificate within 6 months from the date of appointment as an Institute PDF failing which, the appointment will stand cancelled.
- The applicant should have published at least 3 research papers in SCI/SCIE/SSCI journals out of their own doctoral research work to their credit as the first author.
- A Ph.D degree holder from NIT Meghalaya is eligible to apply only after gaining one year of post-Ph.D. relevant experience.
- Age Limit: The upper age limit for the fellowship is 35 years at the time of the submission of application.
NIT Meghalaya Post-Doctoral Fellowship Application Process 2022
- Eligible and Interested Candidates can apply through official website https://nitm.ac.in/
Step to be fellow
- Step-I: Candidates are advised to make the application fee payment as per category (Rs. 1000/ for Gen/OBC, Rs. 500/- for SC/ST and no fee for PWD). Application fees is not refundable under any circumstances.
- Step-II : Fill the online application form. After submission, print out of the online application form to be sent by email along with all scanned documents.
- Step-III: Hard copy of the application form along with payment proof with all the testimonials (self attested) to be sent by post to the mentioned address.
- For Gen/OBC : Rs. 100/-
- For SC/ST : Rs. 500/-
- For PWD : No fee
- Mode of Payment : Through State Bank Collect (SBI Collect)
Post- Doctoral Fellows Tenure and Fellowship
- The appointment of Institute Post-doctoral Fellows is of purely a temporary assignment and is tenable for an initial period of 1 year that can be extended to a maximum period of another 1 year based on the recommendation of DRC and subsequent approval of the Competent Authority. The tenure of Sponsored Postdoctoral Fellows (SPDF) will be as per the guidelines of sponsored organization.
- The Post-doctoral Fellows shall be entitled to receive the grants as given below
Under (Institute Post-doctoral Fellow) IPDF Scheme:
- The amount of the fellowship for IPDF will be fixed at Rs. 55,000/- only pm for a period of one year extendable to 1 more year. However, he/she will be paid Rs. 40,000/- per month and remaining balance amount (i.e. Rs. 15,000/-) will be deposited in a Recurring Deposit (RD) account and shall be paid upon completion of one year. The same will be forfeited if the Post-Doctoral Fellow leaves the institute within a year.
- If the scholar is extended after completion of one year, then Rs. 15,000/- from his fellowship will be kept again in the Recurring Deposit (RD) account and this amount will be forfeited if the Post-Doctoral Fellow leaves the institute before the extended period.
- An Institute Post-Doctoral Fellow can attend conferences during his/her tenure at NIT Meghalaya with a maximum ceiling on financial support of ₹50000 only during the 2 years Post-Doctoral Programme.
Sponsored Post-doctoral Fellow (SPDF) Scheme:
- The amount of the fellowship for SPDF will be as per norms of sponsored agencies/ organizations.
For more details and apply please visit the official website