New India Fellowships 2020 – The New India Foundation invites applications for New India Foundation Fellowships 2020 from scholars and writers who are working on different aspects of the history of independent India. The selected fellows will receive a stipend of INR 1,50,000 per month.
Check out more details on New India Fellowships 2020 from the page below.
- The core activity of the New India Foundation is the New India Fellowships, awarded to scholars and writers working on different aspects of the history of independent India. From a large pool of several hundred applications, about 15-20 are shortlisted to meet with the jury and about 5-10 fellowships are awarded.
- Open only to Indian nationals, including those currently living abroad, the fellowships are awarded for one year and carry a stipend of Rs.1,50,000 a month. Fellowship holders are expected to write original books. Their proposals should be oriented towards final publication, and outline a road map towards that destination.
- The Foundation is ecumenical as regards genre, theme, and ideology: the only requirement is that the proposed works contribute to the fuller understanding of independent India.
- Thus Fellowship holders may choose to write a memoir, or a work of reportage, or a thickly footnoted academic study. Their books could be oriented towards economics, or politics, or culture.
New India Fellowships 2020 Important Dates
|Application Deadline||31th August 2020|
Eligibility Criteria for New India Fellowships 2020
- The Fellowship is only open to Indian Citizens.
- The Fellowship is given against a self-declaration that all material and outputs are the original work of the author.
- Fellowship awardees are required to devote themselves full-time to the book project during the 1 year period.
- Past NIF Fellows may also apply.
|A total of 5 to 10 fellowships are awarded. The fellowships are awarded for one year and carry a stipend of INR 1.5 lakhs per month.|
How to Apply for New India Fellowships 2020 – Application Process
|Eligible candidates can apply online through official website https://newindiafoundation.org/fellowship-application-form|
|Steps to Follow:|
|Step 1||Register Yourself|
|Step 2||Fill in all the details.|
|Step 3||Attach all the required documents.|
|Step 4||Submit the application form.|
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website