National Board for Higher Mathematics announces Doctoral Scholarship Test to Pursue PhD Program for Session 2021-22
NBHM Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2021 – The National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) invites applications for its Doctoral Scholarship Test for pursuing doctoral studies (PhD) in Mathematics / Applied Mathematics for the academic year 2021-22. The scholarship test is scheduled to be held on 11th April 2021.
Read the post below for more details on NBHM Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2021.
NBHM Doctoral Scholarship 2021
- The test is the first of two steps in the selection process for grant of the NBHM Doctoral Scholarship 2021 (hereafter called “the scholarship”).
- The test scores are also used for screening of candidates for admissions to PhD / integrated
Details of the Scholarship
- The scholarship is granted for a term of four years starting August 2020, but needs to be renewed every year, the renewal being subject to satisfactory progress as judged by NBHM. It is extendable to a fifth year at NBHM’s discretion.
NBHM Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2021 Important Dates
Online application portal scheduled to open
22nd February 2021
Last date for applications with fee of Rs.400
13th March 2021
Application fee hike to kick in
14th March 2021
Application portal to close at the end of this day
24th March 2021
The written test to be held
11th April 2021
Eligibility Criteria for NBHM Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2021
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be enrolled in a full-time PhD programme in Mathematics/Applied Mathematics in a recognised university or institution in India
- Qualify the written test and the subsequent interview
- INR 31,000 per month for the first two years
- INR 35,000 per month for the subsequent two/three years
- Yearly contingency grant of INR 40,000
- House rent allowance (HRA)
NBHM Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2021 Application Process
- Applications to appear for the written test will be accepted exclusively online through the following portal https://nbhmscholarships.in/
- An application fee (along with applicable collection charges) needs to be paid online at the time of the application
- For applications completed on or before the 13th of March, the application fee will be Rs. 400; for applications completed after that date, the fee will be Rs. 600.
- The Centre-wise lists of candidates will be published in three installments.
- Selection will be made on the basis of performance in the test and the subsequent interview.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for the interview based on the performance in the test.
- At the time of the interview, the academic track record of the candidate will be scrutinised and taken into consideration.
The test will be conducted at the following centres, divided into five zones:
Chandigarh, New Delhi, Srinagar.
Indore, Jabalpur, Prayagraj, Raipur.
Goa, Mumbai, Pune, Vallabh Vidyanagar.
Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Kolkata, Ranchi, Shillong, Tezpur.
Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kozhikode
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website