Ministry of HRD and University Grants Commission (UCG) announces National Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies 2023
National Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies 2023 – The Ministry of HRD and the University Grants Commission invites applications for National Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies 2023 for students who are admitted in the first year of the postgraduate degree programme. The selection under the schemes is done purely on an all- India merit basis (except for women students) from among the candidates who have applied for the scholarship under the scheme, through online mode only on the designated portal, i.e., National Scholarship Portal of Government of India. Read on for more details on National Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies 2023
- Ten thousand (10000) National Scholarships or as may be decided by the Commission, at the rate of Rs.15,000/- per month for 10 months in a year, are available for Indian students for two years to pursue higher studies, within India, leading to award of Postgraduate Degree under the scheme ‘National Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies’.
- The slots shall be allocated as per Govt. of India reservation policy. However 30% slots will be reserved for the women candidates. (Note: The slots reserved for women students, will be filled first by ‘Single/twin/fraternal Girl Child’, without considering their marks in UG examination. The remaining slots will be filled up by merit.
- Scheme Closing Date Open till : 31st December 2023
- Defective Verification Open till : To be announced
- Institute Verification Open till : To be announced
- DNO/SNO/MNO Verification : To be announced
- The scholarship is available to the students for the first PG Degree programme only. Students, who have already acquired any postgraduate degree, are not eligible to apply.
- Only the students, who are already admitted in the first year of PG degree programme in an eligible university/college/institution, (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Institution’), are eligible to apply.
- In case of integrated programmes, the scholarship shall be given for PG components only.
- Only students who are below the age of 30 years of age as on the date of admission in the first semester/year of a PG programme are eligible to apply under these schemes.
- The scholarship is available only for students who are admitted to PG degree programmes through ‘Regular/Full Time’ mode. The students, who are pursuing any PG programme through open/distance/correspondence mode, private or part-time mode, are not eligible to apply.
- Students can apply for National Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies 2023-24 through National Scholarship Portal – https://scholarships.gov.in/
- The selection shall be made strictly as per the merit of candidates except in case of ‘Single/Twin/Fraternal Girl Child’. The slots shall be allocated as per Govt. of India reservation policy. However 30% slots will be reserved for the women candidates.
- Further, 50% of slots under each category are earmarked for Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Law, Management and the other 50% are earmarked for Science, Engineering & Technology, medical, technical, agriculture, forestry programmes.