Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment announces National Overseas Scholarship 2022 for ST Candidates to pursue Higher Studies Abroad
National Overseas Scholarship – Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India Invites application from interested and eligible candidates for National Overseas Scholarship 2022-23 for Scheduled Castes, Denotified Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Tribes, Landless Agricultural Labourers and Traditional Artisans category candidates to obtain higher education viz., Master degree or Ph.D courses by studying abroad thereby improving their Economic and Social status.
Read further for more details on National Overseas Scholarship 2022.
Category-wise distribution of slots
- Scheduled Castes- 115 slots
- Denotified, Nomadic and Semi-NomadicTribes- 06 slots
- Landless Agricultural Labourers and Traditional Artisans- 04 slots
Duration of Award with Financial Assistance
- The prescribed financial assistance will be provided upto completion of the course/research or the following period, whichever is earlier:-
- Maximum 3 year for Master.
- Maximum 4 year for Ph.D.
National Overseas Scholarship Dates 2022
- Application Process open: 15th February 2022
- Last Date to Apply : 31st March 2022
National Overseas Scholarship Eligibility Criteria 2022
- In order to be eligible for scholarship, at least 60% marks or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination would be required. In the case of PhD courses, the qualifying exam would be Master’s Degree and for Master’s Degree courses, the qualifying examination would be Bachelor’s Degree. In case a student has completed Bachelor’s of Engineering after completing Diploma (Lateral Entry to 2nd year), percentage of marks obtained in Bachelor’s degree will be taken into account.
- Not more than 35 (Thirty Five) years, as on the first day of April for selection year.
- Total family income from all sources shall not exceed Rs. 8.00 lakh per annum
- It covers maintenance allowance of USD 15,400 per annum for all courses in the US or GBP 9,900 per annum for all courses in the UK
- Annual contingency and equipment allowance of USD 1,500 for the US candidates and GBP 1,100 for the UK candidates
National Overseas Scholarship Application Process 2022
- The scheme will be advertised in the newspapers/other media giving summarized information about the Scheme.
- The candidates, after assessing their eligibility and suitability, as per the eligibility conditions of the Scheme Guidelines, can apply online to this Ministry on the portal, i.e., www.nosmsje.gov.in
- Only candidates who have obtained unconditional offer of admission from one of the foreign Institutions/ Universities which are in the list of top 500 ranked institutions/ universities from the academic session 2022-23 and onward shall be considered for award of scholarship for studying in that Institution/University subject to fulfillment of other eligibility conditions of the Scheme.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website