Kerala State Council for Science Technology and Environment announces Research Fellowship Program 2021, Apply Now
KSCSTE Research Fellowship – Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE), Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram invites applications for KSCSTE Research Fellowship 2021 from MSc/MTech degree holders from any of the Universities in Kerala.
About KSCSTE Research Fellowship
- This scheme is for encouraging enthusiastic and passionate postgraduate science/ engineering students by supporting financially in their Ph.D. studies. There are seven science streams which the students can opt for fellowship. They are Mathematical Sciences, Life Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Environmental Sciences and Earth-Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences.
- The KSCSTE fellows are selected based on a rigorous online examination among bright post-graduate students.
KSCSTE Research Fellowship Dates 2021
- Commencement Of Online registration : 01st December 2021
- Last date of Online registration: 30st December 2021
- Last date for Entering Details: 01st January 2022
- Examination date: 13th February 2022
- The Fellowship carries a monthly stipend of Rs 31,000/- for the first two years (JRF) and Rs. 35,000/- per month in the third year (SRF). Additionally, there is an annual contingency grant of Rs. 20,000/-. (With effect from January 2020).
- The fellowship is for a period not exceeding three years.
KSCSTE Research Fellowship Eligibility Criteria 2021
- Candidates who have qualified the post-graduate degree, shall have three consecutive chances to apply for the Fellowship programme. Thus, a candidate who has passed the examination in the current year can apply in this year, the next year, and year after next.
- The candidates (General and OBC candidates) should have minimum 70% marks or equivalent CGPA in their PG examination and 65% for SC/ST and differently-abled candidates.
- Only candidates who have their qualifying degree (PG) from any of the Universities in Kerala are eligible to apply.
- Upper age limit: Maximum 35 years (Should not exceed 35 years as on the 1st of the month of advertisement published in the website) for all applicants.
KSCSTE Research Fellowship Application Process 2021
- Only online registration is allowed (https://kscste.kerala.gov.in/).
- The online submission window will be available only till the last date. Before proceeding to the online submission.
- For general candidates : Rs. 750 /-
- For SC/ST and Persons with disability : No Fee
- Online Examination at three centers across Kerala. There are two papers for the entrance examination; Part A – General Aptitude Test (20 Marks) & Part B – Subject (50 Marks). PG mark contribution – 20 % of PG mark. Total 90 Marks
|Pattern of Examination||Part A (General Aptitude)||Part B (Subject)|
|Max no. of questions to attempt||20||50|
- There is no negative mark.
- The total marks will be calculated as follows: Out of 90 in the total marks, 70 marks are from the online examination and 20 marks from the Post-graduation degree marks.
- The cut-off marks for selection to the fellowship is based on the number of fellowship available for each stream. For reservation candidates (SC/ST, persons with disability), there will be a 5% reduction in cut-off marks from that of the general (UR) / General-EWS and OBC candidates.
Venue of Entrance Examination
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website