James Roach Fellowship (Winter Grant 2019) Pre-Doctoral Fellowship in American Studies
Osmania University invites application for James Roach Fellowship (Winter Grant) – Pre-Doctoral Fellowship in American Studies for year 2019
Profile of the Fellowship
- These are residential fellowships offered for one month during the winter vacation (December 2019- February 2020)
- The students will stay at OUCIP Guest House during the period of the fellowship and make use of the resources available at OUCIP library in the area chosen by them for study.
Also See : Scholarships
- To encourage research in American Studies – especially International Relations, Political Science and other Social Sciences with relevance to Indian / American Relations.
- To encourage research in American Literature.
Duration of the fellowship
- One Month of independent study at the OUCIP library.
Number of Fellowships – TWO
- One Fellowship in International Relations (Social Sciences)
- One Fellowship in American Literature
- To and Fro Train fare (A.C III-tier) from-to the student’s university and OUCIP.
- Free board and lodge at OUCIP Guest House for one month.
- Contingency amount Rs. 5,000 will be given to the awardee to meet the expenses for taking Xerox copies and material for printing etc.
- Senior experts in the chosen area of study will be available for consultation at OUCIP 3-4 hours per week.
- The scholar should be a member of OUCIP or he/she has to become a member before or after submission of application for fellowship.
- The scholar will be present in OUCIP library on all working days during the grant period.
- The scholar will make two seminar presentations at OUCIP. First presentation within a week and final presentation at the end of the project.
- The scholar will submit a written report on the day of final presentation
- The applicant should be enrolled in a Ph. D., course of any recognized Indian university.
- S/he should have a consistently good academic record.
- S/he should have as optional (honors) the subject / area of the proposed research.
How to Apply
- Send a single-paged statement of your proposed research project, specifying objectives, methodology, etc.
- Send a letter of recommendation from a professor with whom you are working for Ph. D.
- Contact OUCIP at firstname.lastname@example.org for application form or download application from OUCIP Website: www.osmania.ac.in/oucip
- Last date for submission of filled application form is 15th November 2019
- Centre for International Programmes Osmania University, Hyderabad – 500 007, Tel: +91-40-27098609, Fax: +91-40-27097114, Website www.osmania.ac.in/oucip