Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) Scholarship Program 2021 for Higher Education, Apply now
INSPIRE Scholarship – Applications are invited for the year 2021, from eligible candidates within the age group 17-22 years for INSPIRE Scholarship under Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) component of INSPIRE scheme of Department of Science & Technology (DST)
Check out the post below for more details on INSPIRE Scholarship 2021.
About the Program
- Department of Science & Technology (DST) has taken several pioneering initiatives for attracting meritorious students to study basic and natural sciences at the college and university level and to pursue research careers in both basic and applied science areas including engineering, medicine, agriculture and veterinary sciences through various components under INSPIRE.
- Under the INSPIRE-Scholarship for Higher Education (INSPIRE-SHE) component, scholarships are offered to pursue undergraduate (UG) studies and continue up to postgraduate (PG) studies.
Subjects List under Scope of INSPIRE Scholarship
- The following subjects under Basic and Natural Sciences are within the scope of INSPIRE Scholarship for pursuing B.Sc./B.S./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S. course:
- (1) Physics, (2) Chemistry, (3) Mathematics, (4) Biology, (5) Statistics, (6) Geology, (7) Astrophysics, (8) Astronomy, (9) Electronics, (10) Botany, (11) Zoology, (12) Biochemistry, (13) Anthropology, (14) Microbiology, (15) Geophysics, (16) Geochemistry, (17) Atmospheric Sciences & (18) Oceanic Sciences
INSPIRE Scholarship Dates 2022
- Online application submission process shall start on: 01st December 2021
- Last date of application submission : 31st January 2022 (till 23:59 hrs. IST)
- The scholarship amount under the SHE component is ` 5,000/- p.m. (60,000/- per annum) + Mentorship grant 20,000/- per annum.
INSPIRE Scholarship Eligibility Criteria 2022
- Meritorious Students with aggregate marks within top 1% of their Class XII examination of any State/ Central Board (same year i.e. 2021) in India are eligible to apply (Refer Annexure 2 for better understanding and reference purpose only). In addition, the student must be pursuing courses in Natural and Basic Sciences at the B.Sc., B.S., and Int. M.Sc./M.S. level.
- Those students who have secured ranks in the JEE of IIT, AIPMT, NEET (within top 10000 ranks), and are presently pursuing Natural and Basic Science courses in India at the B.Sc., B.S., Int. M.Sc./M.S. level. (or)
- Students who have been selected under Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) and pursuing Bachelor/Master level courses in Natural and Basic Science courses. (or)
- National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) scholars, Jagadish Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS) scholars and International Olympiad medalists pursuing Bachelor/ Master level courses in Natural and Basic Science courses are also eligible.
INSPIRE Scholarship Application Process 2022
- Interested and eligible students must apply and submit their application with all essential documents through ONLINE mode only. Applications are to be submitted online on INSPIRE web-portal https://www.online-inspire.gov.in.
- Those interested in submitting applications have to register at this portal and submit the application online. Please read guidelines available on the portal carefully before submitting the application.
- This webportal will be open from 01st December 2021 to 31st January 2022 (till 23:59 hrs. IST) for submission of applications.
- For further enquiries regarding INSPIRE-SHE component, please send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org For queries, please call us on 0124-6690020, 0124-6690021.
- Selection will be done on the basis of cut off marks released by the authority.
- Provisional offer letters should be downloaded by the students before the due date.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to upload all the necessary documents before the specified timeline.
- Selected candidates will get scholarship awards to SBI bank account via Direct Bank Transfer (DBT)
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website