DBT IUSSTF and WINStep Forward offer Khorana Program 2020 for Scholars
Khorana Program 2020 for Scholars – Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India, Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) and WINStep Forward are offering Khorana Program for Scholars to Indian students to undertake research in all fields at University of Wisconsin-Madison (UW) and partner universities in summer 2020
A joint venture of ‘The Dept. of Biotechnology (DBT)’, Govt. of India, Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) and WINStep Forward, named after Dr. Har Gobind Khorana announces Khorana Program for Scholars 2020
About Khorana Program
- Khorana Program for Scholars has been launched to provide an opportunity to the brightest students of India to undertake research at University of Wisconsin-Madison (UW) and partner universities in summer 2020 for a period of 10-12 weeks.
Objectives of the Program
- Provide encouragement to young scholars to undertake R&D
- Enable students to carry out research at a premier University in the United States
- Transform research into societal benefits Build a seamless scientific community between India and the United States
- Duration: 10-12 weeks
- Scholarship includes Stipend, Airfare, Health Insurance
- Pre-final year students enrolled in B.Tech., M. Tech., MSc., B.E., M.E., M.S., Integrated B.S-M.S., B.Sc, B.V.Sc., M.V.Sc., B. Pharm., M. Pharm., MBBS., and Master in Medical Science and Technology (MMST) at recognized institutions of higher education in India in Biotechnology and allied areas (including agricultural, food, health, biomedical sciences and interdisciplinary areas like Computational Sciences, Big Data, Machine Learning etc.) completing their degrees on or after May 2021 are eligible to apply
- First Year, Final year and PhD students are NOT eligible to apply.
- Candidates can make the online application for Khorana Program for Scholars 2019, using the application portal. Applications in subject-fields other than those specified in the advertisement will not be considered.
- Documents to be attached with Application Form (a) two recommendation letters from Referees (b) scanned copies of latest mark sheets and transcripts
- The duly filled in online Application Form need to be sent along with all the important enclosures to email@example.com Handwritten & single scanned pages of application form & supporting documents will not be accepted. DO NOT attach the mark sheets of Class 10 and Class 12.
- If you do not have a passport and have applied for it, mention “Applied For” in the passport details section of the Application form
- Please read the detailed guidelines at http://iusstf.org/program/khorana-program-for-scholars
- Khorana Program 2020 for Scholars Dates
- Application Deadline: 31st October 2019
- Program Begins: May – July 2021