Indian Council of Historical Research New Delhi announces award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for the PhD Courses 2022
ICHR Junior Research Fellowship 2022 – Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR), New Delhi has announced notification for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for the PhD Courses for the academic year 2022-23
The selected fellows will be awarded fellowship of Rs.17600/- per month plus contingency grant of Rs.16500/- per annum for a period of Two years.
- The Fellowship shall be for a maximum period of 2 years, extendable by 1 more year in special circumstances if recommended by the Research Projects Committee.
- The Maximum numbers of Junior Research Fellowships to be awarded for the current year 2022-23 are eighty (80) only, applying the usual reservation for SC/ST & PwD.
ICHR Junior Research Fellowship 2022 Important Dates
- Online submission of JRF application opens on : 07th April 2022
- Last date for online submission : 25th May 2022
- Last date for submitting printouts of applications submitted online : 07th June 2022
- The JRF Stage I online entrance test will be held on : To be announced
- Declaration of Stage I result on the ICHR website : To be announced
- Presentation and Interview (Stage II) : To be announced
Eligibility Criteria for ICHR Junior Research Fellowship 2022
- Candidates who have registered in recognized Universities for Ph.D. programme in Historical Studies are eligible to apply for the Fellowship (JRF).
ICHR Junior Research Fellowship 2022 Application Process
- Eligible and interested scholars may apply on-line through the ICHR website (www.ichr.ac.in)
- Hard copy of the application generated after filling of online application [with auto generated number] duly signed and along with the requisite documents should be submitted.
- The applicant should attach self attested copies of the certificates of educational qualifications, date of birth, experience and signed copy of check list etc., and send by post to the following address: Member Secretary Indian Council of Historical Research No. 35 Ferozeshah Road New Delhi –110001.
- An application fee (non-refundable) of Rs. 500/- (Rupees two hundred only) shall be paid online through the application portal at the time of filling up the form (candidates belonging to SC/ST/Persons with Disability (PwD) category are exempted from payment of the fee).
- Submission of application both online and printout of the same along with computer generated unique ID number is mandatory. Hard copies of applications without unique Id.Number will not be accepted.
- The examination will be conducted in 02 Stages.
a) Stage I will consist of 100 online Objective type questions. Each question will carry 01 mark (Total 100 marks).
b) There will be no negative marking.
c) The candidate has to choose his/her area of specialisation (Ancient/ Medieval/ Modern India) at the time of filling online JRF application form. All the questions in the question paper will be based on the area of specialisation opted by the candidate in the application form.
a) The candidates shortlisted on the basis of merit of Stage I examination will be called for the Presentation and Interview.
b) Each shortlisted candidate will make a Presentation based on his/her registered PhD research topic (8-10 minutes, preferably PowerPoint) followed by an interview.
c) Presentation and Interview will carry a maximum of 60 marks.
d) All shortlisted candidates should bring their Hall Tickets issued for Stage I entrance exam while coming for the Presentation and Interview.
The Stage I examination will be held at following centres of ICHR:
i. New Delhi
The Stage II (Presentation and Interview) will be conducted at the ICHR, Headquarters, Delhi only.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website