Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore announces Raman Post-Doc Program 2020
IISc Bangalore Raman Post-Doc Program 2020 – Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore invites applications from intensely motivated individuals with an established record of high-quality research, for the Positions of Raman Post-Docs.
Read on for more details such as eligibility criteria, application process, selection, etc. for IISc Bangalore Raman Post-Doc Program 2020
About Post-doc fellowship
- The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) has been recognised as an Institution of Eminence (IoE) by the Government of India. As a part of the IoE initiative, IISc has created the Raman Post-Doc Program, a highly selective Post-Doc program with 50 positions. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), and foreign nationals are also eligible to apply.
- The candidates can apply any time during the year. A candidate applies for a specific Department or Centre at the Institute.
IISc Bangalore Raman Post-Doc Program 2020 Important Dates
Last date for submission of application form
- The duration of the fellowship is two years. In exceptional cases, the duration may be extended by one more year.
Eligibility Criteria for IISc Bangalore Raman Post-Doc Program 2020
- Ph.D. with First Class or equivalent (in terms of grades, etc.) in the preceding degree and a good academic record throughout. Candidates who are expecting to submit the Ph.D. thesis shortly may also apply but their applications will be considered only after thesis submission. Candidates should preferably be less than 32 years of age at the time of applying.
IISc Bangalore Raman Post-Doc Program 2020 Application Process
- Application form can downloaded through the official website https://www.iisc.ac.in/
- Candidates must first contact a faculty member in the Institute who is willing to host the candidate. A consent letter or consent email is required from the faculty member as a part of the application package. Candidates should apply using the fillable PDF form. The following documents are required along with the application.
- The filled-out PDF form must be saved as a PDF file, and a single PDF file needs to be made along with the required documents. This single PDF file must be emailed to the Registrar, Indian Institute of Science at the email address: email@example.com, with a copy to the chair of the Department/Centre in which the candidate would like to work and to the faculty member who is willing to host the candidate.
- The applications will be screened and a small subset of applicants will be called for an interview in person or over Skype within a month of the application deadline. Candidates will be informed of the interview result, within 45 days of the application deadline. The list of the final shortlisted candidate(s) will be forwarded to an Institute level Committee for a final decision, which will subsequently be communicated to the candidate.
- Selected candidates will receive a consolidated monthly package of Rs. 1 Lakh. In addition, they will receive a research grant of Rs. 8 Lakhs per year.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website