International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology Delhi announces Arturo Falaschi Short Term Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2024, Apply now
ICGEB Arturo Falaschi Short Term Postdoctoral Fellowship 2024 – International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB), New Delhi invites applications from highly motivated scientists for Postdoctoral Fellowships in Life Sciences for the academic session 2024. ICGEB offers Short-term fellowships for Postdoctoral studies in ICGEB Component laboratories to fund ongoing collaborative research between scientists from ICGEB Member States and research groups at ICGEB laboratories in Trieste, Italy, New Delhi, India and Cape Town, South Africa, with the aim of facilitating access to the latest research techniques and to strengthen capacity building. Applicants should contact the ICGEB Group Leader/PI of their choice with a motivation letter, to determine availability of laboratory space and to define the research project proposal that will form an integral part of the application. Read on for more details on ICGEB Arturo Falaschi Short Term Postdoctoral Fellowship 2024
ICGEB Arturo Falaschi Short Term Postdoctoral Fellowship 2024
- 2 years with the possibility of a 1-year extension.
- Closing Dates for Applications: 31st March 2024
- Trieste , Italy : 1st October 2024
- New Delhi, India : 1st October 2024
- Cape Town, South Africa : 1st October 2024
- Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State and may not apply for fellowships to be undertaken in their country of origin, unless they have been working abroad for, at least, the last 3 years and at the time of application.
- Degree requirements: applicants should hold a recent PhD in Life Sciences or have at least 3 years research experience.
- Preference is given to candidates below the age of 35.
- Thanks to the contribution of the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS) within the framework of the BIOTECHNET initiative (AID n. 12098), dedicated resources are available for candidates from Ethiopia and Djibouti applying to the ICGEB Call for short-term Postdoctoral Fellowships.
- Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 2,000, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,950, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 23,000.
- Travel: the fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the participant’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
- Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
- All Research costs will be supported by the research group’s budget.
- Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
- Support for participation in Meetings and Courses is generally provided by the Group Leader / PI.
- ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the programme.
- Candidates can apply for this fellowship online at https://isg.icgeb.org/auth/login
- Only one application per call is accepted for each candidate.
- Please note that the written statement from the ICGEB Group Leader you have contacted and who is willing to support your project is mandatory to apply.
Documents to be uploaded
- Please note that you will be requested to upload the following documents (pdf files):
- Your full CV
- Academic records (PhD degree certificate, issued by the degree-granting University and bearing the official seals and signatures, to be submitted in the original language accompanied by an official English translation of each document).
- Written Statement from the ICGEB Group Leader
- A valid identification document (passport or identity card)
- English Certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge or similar). This document is not requested when scholastic education has been undertaken in English.
- All submitted applications will be transmitted to the respective ICGEB Liaison Officer in the country of which you are a national for endorsement. Endorsement is a fundamental requirement for the Fellowship to be awarded.
- The ICGEB Fellowships Selection Committee will evaluate complete and endorsed applications received by the closing date. The main criteria for selection include scientific excellence of the project, the qualities of the candidate’s CV and potential benefit for the home country.
- The candidates will be notified of the outcome by e-mail as soon as possible following the closing date for applications.
For more details and apply please visit the official website