International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology Delhi announces Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2023, Apply now
ICGEB Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023 – International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB), New Delhi invites applications from highly motivated scientists for Postdoctoral Fellowships in Life Sciences for the academic session 2023.
ICGEB Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023
- ICGEB offers competitive Postdoctoral Fellowships in Life Sciences to highly motivated scientists wishing to pursue postdoctoral research in a world-class scientific environment.
- The Fellowships comprise a very competitive package including stipend, health insurance and additional benefits.
- The most successful fellows will also be eligible, upon completion, to apply for ICGEB Early Career Research Grants to support their own research programmes as young PIs upon return to an ICGEB Member State.
- 2 years with the possibility of a 1-year extension.
- Closing Dates for Applications: 31st March 2023
- Trieste , Italy : 1st October 2023
- New Delhi, India : 1st October 2023
- Cape Town, South Africa : 1st October 2023
- Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State and may not apply for fellowships to be undertaken in their country of origin, unless they have been working abroad for, at least, the last 3 years and at the time of application.
- Degree requirements: applicants should hold a recent PhD in Life Sciences or have at least 3 years research experience.
- Preference is given to candidates below the age of 35.
- Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 2,000, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,950, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 23,000.
- Travel: the fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the participant’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
- Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
- All Research costs will be supported by the research group’s budget.
- Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
- Support for participation in Meetings and Courses is generally provided by the Group Leader / PI.
- ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the programme.
- Please complete this application online (https://www.icgeb.org/).
- Only one application per call is accepted for each candidate.
Documents to be uploaded
- Please note that you will be requested to upload the following documents (pdf files):
- Your full CV
- Academic records (PhD degree certificate, issued by the degree-granting University and bearing the official seals and signatures, to be submitted in the original language accompanied by an official English translation of each document).
- Written Statement from the ICGEB Group Leader
- A valid identification document (passport or identity card)
- English Certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge or similar). This document is not requested when scholastic education has been undertaken in English.
- All submitted applications will be transmitted to the respective ICGEB Liaison Officer in the country of which you are a national for endorsement. Endorsement is a fundamental requirement for the Fellowship to be awarded.
- The ICGEB Fellowships Selection Committee will evaluate complete and endorsed applications received by the closing date. The main criteria for selection include scientific excellence of the project, the qualities of the candidate’s CV and potential benefit for the home country.
- The candidates will be notified of the outcome by e-mail as soon as possible following the closing date for applications.
For more details and apply please visit the official website