Ian Parry Scholarship 2020 – Applications are invited from young photographers who are either attending a full-time photographic course or are under 24 years of age for the Ian Parry Scholarship 2020. Apply on or before July 5, 2020
About Ian Parry Scholarship 2020
- The scholarship is an international photographic competition for young photographers who are either attending a full-time photographic course or are under 24 years of age.
- The scholarship exists to find and support the very best young people striving to produce powerful, meaningful photojournalism in a selfie-obsessed world.
- Ian Parry was a photojournalist who died while on assignment for The Sunday Times during the Romanian revolution in 1989. He was just 24 years of age.
- Aidan Sullivan, then picture editor, and Ian’s friends and family created the Ian Parry Scholarship in order to build something positive from such a tragic death.
- Each year we hold an international photographic competition for young photographers who are either attending a full-time photographic course or are under 24.
- The Ian Parry Scholarship is divided into two categories: The Sunday Times Award for Achievement and The Canon Award for Potential.
Ian Parry Scholarship 2020 Important Date
|The last date to apply is||July 5th, 2020|
- Each winner will receive $3,500 towards their chosen project.
- Canon Europe continues to support the Scholarship and loan equipment to the winners.
- Attend a portfolio review day with leading industry experts in London.
- Mentorship Programme: They will offer a year-long personal Mentorship to the winner of The Canon Award for Potential. The 2020 mentor is highly respected photojournalist Jon Jones.
- Both winners will have the opportunity to take part in the Transmissions Programme at Visa Pour L’Image in Perpignan.
- World Press Photo automatically accepts the winner of the Achievement Award into its final list of nominees for the Joop Swart Masterclass in Amsterdam.
- Your work will appear in The Sunday Times Magazine, our media sponsor.
Eligibility Criteria for Ian Parry Scholarship 2020
|The international photographic competition is open to young photographers who are either attending a full-time photographic course or are under 24.|
How to apply for Ian Parry Scholarship 2020 – Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply through the official website https://theianparryscholarship.submittable.com/
- To enter this year’s Ian Parry Scholarship, you will need to be 24 or younger or enrolled on a full-time recognised photographic course. Your application should contain the following information:
- Your name, date of birth, permanent address, personal email address, personal telephone number, and if applicable, college, course title and course tutor.
- A project description giving us details of the portfolio you have uploaded for this application and 12 extended captions
- A project proposal telling us how winning the Ian Parry Scholarship and $3500, would enable you to continue with the above project or how it would enable you to start a new photographic project.
- A portfolio of 12 (low resolution) photographs, either a photo essay or individual photos.
- Extended captions for each image as a word document. Please follow the instructions on our submit form carefully.
- The entry criteria for both are the same and the judges will make their decisions based on the individual merits of the entries.
- Entrants must submit a portfolio and a clear proposal of a project they would undertake if they won the scholarship.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website