Social Justice & Empowerment Dept, Haryana invites Online Fresh/Renewal Applications for Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship 2019-20
Haryana Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship 2019 – Online applications are invited in the prescribed format from the students belonging to the Minority Community i.e. Muslims, Sikhs, Christian, Buddhist, Zoroastrians (Parsi) and Jain pursing technical/professional courses (selected by Govt. of India Minister of Minority Affairs) at the Under Graduate/Post Graduate Level in an Institutions/Recognized by appropriate by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Govt. of India
The courses other than those listed under Merit-cum-Means scholarship scheme would be covered under the Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Scheme.
- Student should be permanent residing in Haryana State only.
- The annual income, from all sources, of students’ parents or guardian should not exceed Rs.2.00 lakh
- The continuance/new grant of award will be subject to securing 50% marks in the previous examination
- The Income Certificate and Minority Community Certificate should be issued by 1st Class Magistrate (S.D.M/Tehsildar or self-declaration by Students/ parents) otherwise application will be rejected
- Aadhaar Card Number is mandatory to apply online. Scholarship amount to students under Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme will be disbursed directly to the Bank Accounts through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode
- Continuation of the Scholarship in subsequent years will depend on successful completion of the Academic Year with 50% marks during the preceding year.
- Scholarship Holder under this Scheme will not be able to avail any other Scholarship/Stipend for pursuing the course
- Students should fill their own Bank Account Number. RAN Card Number for applying online & their Bank Account Number should be Aadhaar-seeded
- Scholarship will not be given to more than two students in a family
- The scholarship amount will be directly transferred to student’s bank account through (DBT) Direct Benefit Transfer System
- Scholarships shall be available as per the table given below and 30% of the Scholarships for each Community are reserved for Girl Students
Admission Fees from Class VI & X
- Hostellers – Rs.500/- per annum subject to actual and Day Scholars – Rs.500/- per annum subject to actual
Tuition Fees from Class VI & X
- Hostellers – Rs.350/- per annum subject to actual and Day Scholars – Rs.350/- per annum subject to actual
- Class I & V = Hostellers – Nil & Day Scholarship – Rs.100/- per month
- Class VI & X = Hostellers – Rs.600/- per month subject to actual & Day Scholarship – Rs.100/- per month
- Only online applications will be accepted. All minority students can apply online on the website: www.scholarships.gov.in
- Students will forward their applications online to the School/ Institutions and will also take a print-out. This print-out along with all requisite documents (as prescribed in the print-out) will be submitted to the concerned School/ Institutions. Students will get a permanent ID, which he/she will keep with him/her for any further correspondence etc.
- Students who are studying in other states but domicile in Haryana will also apply online
- Students are advised to read the terms and conditions and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) available on the home page of website: scholarships.gov.in before filing the online applications
- School/Institution verification is mandatory. The School/ Institution will scrutinize and forward all these applications online by login on the same
- For more details visit: https://www.minorityaffairs.gov.in & www.scholarships.gov.in
- Submission of Online Applications for Fresh Scholarship by Students: 15th July to 15th October 2019
- Submission of Online applications for Renewal of Scholarship by Students: 15th July to 15th October 2019
Social Justice & Empowerment Dept., Haryana
SCO No. 09, Sector 5, Panchkula, Website https://www.minorityaffairs.gov.in & www.scholarships.gov.in