Nieman-Berkman Klein Fellowship in Journalism Innovation 2020-2021 at Harvard University
Harvard University Nieman Berkman Klein Fellowship 2020 – Applications for the Nieman-Berkman Klein Fellowship in Journalism Innovation 2020-2021 are now open.
The Nieman-Berkman Klein Fellowship in Journalism Innovation brings individuals to Harvard University to work on a specific course of research or a specific project relating to journalism innovation.
- The Nieman-Berkman Klein Fellowship in Journalism Innovation brings individuals to Harvard University to work on a specific course of research or a specific project relating to journalism innovation. The fellowship is a collaboration between the Nieman Foundation for Journalism and the Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society at Harvard.
- Both organizations share a set of common interests around journalism, innovation, and the evolution of the digital space, and both have longstanding fellowship programs that offer a year of learning and collaboration with others in the Harvard community.
- The Nieman-Berkman Klein Fellowship is open to both U.S. and international applicants.
- Candidates should either be working journalists or work for a news organization in a business, technology, or leadership capacity. Freelance journalists are welcome to apply.
- Nieman Fellows receive a stipend of $75,000 paid over a nine-month period to cover living costs. The Nieman Foundation also provides allowances for childcare and health insurance based on the number and ages of family members. Nieman additionally covers the cost of attending Harvard classes for fellows and their affiliates
- Affiliates are the partners and spouses of fellows. They enjoy many of the same privileges as fellows and may attend classes, use Harvard libraries and other facilities, and are welcome to participate in almost all Nieman activities.
See: National Scholarship
How to Apply?
- Candidates who want to apply for the 2020-2021 Nieman-Berkman Klein Fellowships should complete either the international fellowship application or the U.S. fellowship application and indicate interest in being considered for the Nieman-Berkman Klein program in the appropriate section.
- More information is available https://nieman.harvard.edu/fellowships/nieman-berkman-fellowship-in-journalism-innovation-2/
- Application Deadlines – International journalists: Dec. 1, 2019
- Application Deadlines – U.S. journalists (U.S. citizens): Jan. 31, 2020